ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Fracking to lead to a new golden age? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266988)

cdcox 11-23-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9144960)
I truly believe that my generation is going to be the one to stand up and put an end to the issues being posed by our reliance on combustible, non-renewable fuels as our energy sources.

The buck has to stop somewhere, and I think it will when the current generation dies off.

Even if we had unlimited solar and wind, there are real infrastructure and technology limitations that prevent us from using 100% renewables at this time.

Electricity has to be generated the instant there is demand for it. If there is demand when the sun isn't shining or the wind isn't blowing, it cannot be met.

We need to develop electrical storage technologies and smart grid to increase renewable usage above a certain fraction. Plus we need better grid infrastructure. All this is under development, but it is some time off. Natural gas is far, far better than coal in the meantime.

FAX 11-23-2012 10:23 PM

I guess I'm going to have to move forward with inventing cold fusion. It's really the only reasonable solution to the energy problems facing humanity. I've been putting it off, but I suppose I need to go ahead get it done.

FAX

go bo 11-23-2012 10:51 PM

yeah! get er done, mr. fax!!! :BLVD:

FAX 11-24-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bowe (Post 9145113)
yeah! get er done, mr. fax!!! :BLVD:

Okay. Step one is completed, Mr. go bowe. I made a bunch of ice in the ice maker. In fact, the little container thing is overflowing with little half-moons of ice.

Now that that's done, I am already half-way to cold fusion. I just need to find something to fuse. I'll keep you posted.

FAX

DeezNutz 11-24-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9145280)
Okay. Step one is completed, Mr. go bowe. I made a bunch of ice in the ice maker. In fact, the little container thing is overflowing with little half-moons of ice.

Now that that's done, I am already half-way to cold fusion. I just need to find something to fuse. I'll keep you posted.

FAX

Vodka should be considered for step two. If you suggest decent Scotch with ice, the erasers will visit your homestead presently.

TinyEvel 11-24-2012 12:54 AM

If there was a way to extract energy from fapping, then the world's energy problems would truly be solved.

Just sayin'

:D

TimeForWasp 11-24-2012 02:24 AM

Meet the Frackers.

mdchiefsfan 11-24-2012 07:38 AM

For those that are curious about how this process works

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VY34PQUiwOQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

displacedinMN 11-24-2012 08:02 AM

great video

Braincase 11-24-2012 08:37 AM

I'm sure the energy companies will take all of the environmental issues into consideration and proceed as responsibly as they've always done.

mdchiefsfan 11-24-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9145620)
I'm sure the energy companies will take all of the environmental issues into consideration and proceed as responsibly as they've always done.

:thumb:

FAX 11-24-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Which begs the question; If the energy companies over-frack, can they make the entire planet explode? 'Cause that would be bad for the fishes and water fowl.

FAX

cdcox 11-24-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Of course they won't, that's why we need regulations. As Aries Walker said, regs are presently lagging behind the technology and vary greatly from state to state. Right now, many of their operations are exempt from the Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, and Clean Air Act. There may be reasons for not applying those acts to the drilling industry, but that doesn't mean they should be completely unregulated. Done well, natural gas has the potential to be far greener than coal at competitive cost.

ROYC75 11-24-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9145666)
Of course they won't, that's why we need regulations. As Aries Walker said, regs are presently lagging behind the technology and vary greatly from state to state. Right now, many of their operations are exempt from the Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, and Clean Air Act. There may be reasons for not applying those acts to the drilling industry, but that doesn't mean they should be completely unregulated. Done well, natural gas has the potential to be far greener than coal at competitive cost.

Just throwing things out there , aren't you.

Link ? Exempt from the Clean Water & Air Act ?

Yes, Natural Gas is our future for energy independence in the US

Drilling companies have to follow guidelines & regulations. Currently because of the fear of fracking, Chesapeake & Hughs Baker are both working on an environmentally safe foam fracking fluid that will secure the water safety even further that what it is today.

cdcox 11-24-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9145684)
Just throwing things out there , aren't you.

Link ? Exempt from the Clean Water & Air Act ?

Yes, Natural Gas is our future for energy independence in the US

Drilling companies have to follow guidelines & regulations. Currently because of the fear of fracking, Chesapeake & Hughs Baker are both working on an environmentally safe foam fracking fluid that will secure the water safety even further that what it is today.

http://www.ewg.org/reports/Free-Pass...try-Exemptions

I'm in favor of fracking. It just needs to be regulated properly.