ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   We may be looking for a vet Wr, but... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=607)

Coogs 08-28-2000 08:48 AM

Rookie Wr Danny Farmer from UCLA(tah-dah!) was released by Pittsburgh.

Also, Yatil Green(he of back to back ACL injuries) from the Jets(and Miami), and Charlie Jones from San Diego.

Any takers?

------------------
ct
[i]'Don't think meat, just throw.'</I>

Fat Homer 08-28-2000 08:49 AM

I like Farmer -- BIG WR (6'4", 200+)

Coogs 08-28-2000 08:54 AM

Certainly fits the Gun mold here.

Just don't know if we're willing to pick up another rookie Wr, when what we really may need is a veteran influence.

------------------
ct

Yosef_Malkovitch 08-28-2000 09:02 AM

Green is certainly talented. Wonder if he'd be interested in a minimum salary? Farmer is BIG & desirable, however, there is that young thing.... Plus, UCLA WR's nearly always flop. That's one example of a system making the player.

Devin Vierth 08-28-2000 09:10 AM

Doesn't the player that make up the practice squad have to be from players that have been cut.

The team takes a chance on releasing a team by hoping the player isn't picked off of the waiver wire and then signed to the practice squad.

------------------
bk

Yosef_Malkovitch 08-28-2000 09:11 AM

That's correct, BK.

Dartgod 08-28-2000 09:44 AM

Who has priority when claiming a player off of waivers? Is it first come, first served, or is there some kind of team ranking?

CaptnRon
Drying out for next week

Warrior5 08-28-2000 10:02 AM

Capt. Ron,

It goes worst to first.

kcred 08-28-2000 10:47 AM

Bizarre... some one should pick Farmer up ASAP, the kid can play... Pitt was just deep at WR... that's why the selections of Burress & Farmer was puzzling...they already had a Burress clone in Malcom Johnson (6'5)... they needed a QB and passed on Pennington...
They miss Donahoe already

------------------

"Those who want respect ...... give respect"
[b]Tony Soprano</B>

Coogs 08-28-2000 10:56 AM

I'm just as puzzled as you, jq!

How they could pass on Pennington, I just can't figure out. So many Wrs in that draft, they could have easily picked one up in the 2nd. Doesn't make any sense for a team w/ Kordell starting? at Qb.

Maybe Farmer is a bust in the making, but I'd like to give him a shot.

------------------
ct

DoktorSmith 08-28-2000 10:57 AM

After reading about Farmers size...I expect to see him in Chiefs uniform...he fits Guns ideas prefectly...young, big and I assume fast...why not...if we are going with the youth movement let's pick him up and roll the dice...better than Green with all his injuries, imo....

------------------
joe
"Sex on television can't hurt you... unless you fall off."