ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Daboll: Matt Cassel is a winner (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260303)

Hammock Parties 06-08-2012 03:39 AM

Daboll: Matt Cassel is a winner

Holy shit. The propganda machine is churning. :facepalm:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-new-chiefs-oc

Quote:

Matt Cassel has had an up-and-down three-season run with the Kansas City Chiefs, but new offensive coordinator Brian Daboll believes he inherited a winner at the quarterback position.

Cassel led the New England Patriots to an 11-5 record after Tom Brady wrecked his knee in Week 1 of the 2008 season. He later piloted the Chiefs to a 10-6 mark and an AFC West title in 2010. Cassel has never won a playoff game -- in fact, he played terribly against the Ravens in his only postseason start -- but Daboll sees a player who knows how to lead his team.

"He's been a winner," Daboll told reporters Thursday, according to ESPN.com. "He's had two 10-plus win seasons. I did a study just this offseason about 10-plus-win quarterbacks, which is what you're defined by, obviously. There's been nine of them in the last four years that have had two or more 10-plus win seasons in the regular season, and Matt is one of them.

"The other ones being Brady, (Drew) Brees, (Aaron) Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli (Manning), (Joe) Flacco, (Matt) Ryan, so he's been a winner. He works his tail off in the classroom. I think he's done a good job in these OTAs, and I'm looking forward to working with him."

Daboll finds a creative way to lump Cassel in with a group of the game's best quarterbacks, but he does leave out the big picture. Despite those 10-plus win seasons, Cassel is a pedestrian 28-26 in games he's started overall.

If you really are defined by your record, this seems about right.

Fritz88 06-08-2012 04:00 AM

I think Daboll is right here.
Posted via Mobile Device

FlaChief58 06-08-2012 04:28 AM

Brady, (Drew) Brees, (Aaron) Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli (Manning), (Joe) Flacco, (Matt) Ryan, Mark Casshole

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just does'nt belong.

Kyle DeLexus 06-08-2012 04:52 AM

I'd rather they just not said anything at all regarding Mat Casel. He is a sub-par backup QB and shouldn't even have a roster spot let alone a huge contract as a starter.

ZootedGranny 06-08-2012 04:53 AM

Quote:

I did a study just this offseason about 10-plus-win quarterbacks, which is what you're defined by, obviously.
http://i.minus.com/iiOtSHjplaTXg.gif

the Talking Can 06-08-2012 04:54 AM

fml

Mr_Tomahawk 06-08-2012 05:01 AM

Q

BigMeatballDave 06-08-2012 05:01 AM

Heil Pioli

BoneKrusher 06-08-2012 05:15 AM

it's a typo, Daboll meant to say Matt Cassel's a wiener.

FlaChief58 06-08-2012 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8666862)
it's a typo, Daboll meant to say Matt Cassel's a wiener.

I believe the proper term is "Bleeding Vagina"

BoneKrusher 06-08-2012 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 8666868)
I believe the proper term is "Bleeding Vagina"

:thumb:

Gary 06-08-2012 05:39 AM

Nevermind things like reading defenses in less than 10 seconds, field vision, being able to make all the throws without praying every time the ball leaves your hands, leading your receiver, proper footwork and body motion...ya know, the stuff that makes consistent winners do at the quarterback position.

Hammock Parties 06-08-2012 05:39 AM

Four years is way too small a sample size to definitively say "two 10-win seasons means you're a winner, bro!"

How about...go back as far as 2000...and see which QBs had two 10+ win seasons in their career. And see what it really means.

Answer:

Chad Pennington
Kerry Collins
Jake Delhomme
Philip Rivers
Matt Hasselbeck
Brett Favre
Tony Romo
Steve McNair
Donovan McNabb
Carson Palmer
Jake Plummer
Trent Green
Rich Gannon
Brad Johnson
Jeff Garcia
Kurt Warner
Kordell Stewart
Vinny Testaverde
Jay Fiedler

So yeah...you could go for a really small sample size and compare Matt Cassel to some pretty good quarterbacks, some awesome quarterbacks.

Or maybe he's just a piece of shit like Kordell Stewart or any of the other quarterbacks I bolded.

Two 10+ wins seasons isn't a barometer for shit, Brian Daboll.

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-08-2012 05:51 AM

Actually Cassel is one of the best quarterbacks in the league when he has Charles running the ball.

BoneKrusher 06-08-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 8666876)
Actually Cassel is one of the best quarterbacks in the league when he has Charles running the ball.

he had Charles running the ball vs Baltimore in the wild card game.

i think he was one of the best quarterbacks in the league when he plays the NFC West.

he's had an 11 win season and a 10 win season when he plays them.