ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively DONE (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270361)

WildTurkey 02-25-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9436746)
On my lunch break...any new rumors in the last 4 hours?

It's about time for a new Foles rumor. I'm sure one will pop up and the board will go insane again

MahiMike 02-25-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9436157)
While the idiots in Jax should be happy they aren't getting Alex Smith, and should be happy that their franchise actually had the balls to draft and develop a QB.... they were idiots for reaching on Gabbert.

It's a good example of how you have to be prepared to fire 2 bullets.

DaKCMan AP 02-25-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

It's been rumored that chiefscafan has wavered about Geno and that the jags troll had been in a previously undisclosed relationship with Manti T'eo that, lasting longer than T'eo's 40 time, could be considered long-term.

BigChiefFan 02-25-2013 01:31 PM

I doubt we trade for him. His price tag is too high, plus the cost of a pick.

Frankie 02-25-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9436655)
Cam ****ing failed Gruden's QB camp, and some posters on here greatly prefer him to Geno Smith.

Geno had a bad interview, but he didn't look dumb. Not at all. He understood the play on the board, he just couldn't instantaneously recall it after one quick pass through with Mooch and 5 minutes of time passing.

I think Cam was way overdrafted. His 2nd year, when defenses solved him the flaws in his head started showing. He can mature out of it and prove me wrong in the long run. So can Geno, but I was so hoping to see this sharp headed QB who I would now fully support. Alas, I didn't see it.

and the 5-minutes-after defense doesn't cut it. This was done exactly the way it was done for Dalton and RGII.

DaKCMan AP 02-25-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9436517)
I'll say it slowly:

AS - has - a much - better - pro - resume - than - them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9436532)
Where - in your imagination?

Alex Smith - 59.3% comp, 81 TD, 63 INT, 79.1 QB rating

Matt Cassel - 58.9% comp, 82 TD, 57 INT, 80.4 QB rating

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9436759)
I think Cam was way overdrafted. His 2nd year, when defenses solved him the flaws in his head started showing. He can mature out of it and prove me wrong in the long run. So can Geno, but I was so hoping to see this sharp headed QB who I would now fully support. Alas, I didn't see it.

and the 5-minutes-after defense doesn't cut it. This was done exactly the way it was done for Dalton and RGII.

STFU fool.

The Franchise 02-25-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9436759)

Link me to those videos because I'm not finding them anywhere.

tony77 02-25-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Yes the chiefs are in dicussions with pee-wee herman to be the new team mascot.

htismaqe 02-25-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

No, pretty much everything this morning is of the "not so fast, no deal is done" variety.

B14ckmon 02-25-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9436755)
It's been rumored that chiefscafan has wavered about Geno and that the jags troll had been in a previously undisclosed relationship with Manti T'eo that, lasting longer than T'eo's 40 time, could be considered long-term.

Are you never going to forgive me for boning your wife? It was just the one time guy.

Frankie 02-25-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9436776)

You mean RGIII and Dalton? Those are only two examples that stick to my memory better than the other ones. I saw them during their respective combines. Either as Mooch interviews or Chuckie interviews (they both essentially do the same thing). I don't have a link and won't spend time on them. If they are online you can just as easily find them as I can, pest.

DaKCMan AP 02-25-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9436793)
Are you never going to forgive me for boning your wife? It was just the one time guy.

LMAO That hairy hippopotamus wasn't my wife, but good for you... I guess.

The Franchise 02-25-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9436797)
You mean RGIII and Dalton? Those are only two examples that stick to my memory better than the other ones. I saw them during their respective combines. Either as Mooch interviews or Chuckie interviews (they both essentially do the same thing). I don't have a link and won't spend time on them. If they are online you can just as easily find them as I can, pest.

Here's the problem with your statement.

Jon Gruden doesn't give them a play and ask them to redraw it on a white board later on in the interview. He asks them about plays FROM THEIR PLAYBOOKS in college.

And as far as I can tell....I haven't seen Mariucci interview any other QBs before this year.

Chiefnj2 02-25-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9436776)

Mariucci began copying Gruden's QB camp last year. NFL owns the vids so searching nfl.com is probably better than youtube since they protect their material pretty well.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combin...ows-his-smarts

SAUTO 02-25-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9436967)
Mariucci began copying Gruden's QB camp last year. NFL owns the vids so searching nfl.com is probably better than youtube since they protect their material pretty well.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combin...ows-his-smarts

usually around here the person making the claim links it to prove themselves though.

not at you j2 but frankie should absolutely link them or STFU