ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games what game have you logged the most hours on? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271959)

Pants 04-11-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9577263)
WoW is an MMO, but StarCraft is a real time simulation (RTS), like Total Annihilation, Command & Conquer, Age of Empires, and the Total War games.

Are you a fan of the Total War series, patteeu? Those games are strong. I'm looking forward to Rome 2 with a great deal of excitement.

Hootie 04-11-2013 11:36 PM

Tiger Woods 2005 followed very closely by MLB 2005

MLB 2005...holy shit LMAO

my friend and I would sit in my room for hours and hours and hours (sometimes even days) and play...

it would register how much you'd play...in the span of two months we logged 31 days of play...we literally spent half of our life playing that game for two months.

It was sleep, play MVP, and then maybe go out if we decided drinking in my room was boring...and then we'd wake up and play again.

life was great back then

AndChiefs 04-11-2013 11:40 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UkaP1zKQas...me-of-Life.jpg

Titty Meat 04-11-2013 11:40 PM

College Hoops 2k8.

Ill never forget how my USC team only lost 2 games all year but then lost to Coastal Carolina in the tournament

Mr Luzcious 04-12-2013 12:45 AM

I don't really want to think about it.

Jerm 04-12-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9579766)
College Hoops 2k8.

Ill never forget how my USC team only lost 2 games all year but then lost to Coastal Carolina in the tournament

That game still has the best dynasty/franchise/etc. mode ever IMO...

We need a new CHoops so bad...amazing me to that 2k won't make one with how well NBA 2k does.

SnakeXJones 04-12-2013 02:22 AM

Going by each system that I owned

Atari 2600 - Pitfall & Pac-Man
NES - Super Mario 3 & Duck Tales
Gameboy - Batman & Mario Tennis
SNES - Mortal Kombat II & Super Mario World ....Maybe Stunt Race FX
Sega Genesis - Road Rash & Super Street Fighter II
Gamegear - Surf Ninjas
3DO - Killing Time
Sega CD - Monkey's Island, Slam City & Sewer Sharks LMAO
Playstation - Meat Gear & Resident Evil 2 also Fear Effect
Sega Saturn - Resident Evil & WWF In your house
N64 - WWF Wrestlemania 2000 & WWF No Mercy
Dreamcast - Shenmue & NBA 2K1
PS2 - Metal Gear Solid 3 & GTA Vice City/ RE4
XBox - Shenmue 2 & The Warriors
PSP - Star Wars Unleashed
Xbox 360 - Assassins Creed Trilogy & COD
PS3 - Uncharted & Saints Row the Third

I have owned the Wii and Gamecube but serious these just collected dust and Red Dead would've been on the list but i have owned it twice on both systems

patteeu 04-12-2013 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9579463)
Are you a fan of the Total War series, patteeu? Those games are strong. I'm looking forward to Rome 2 with a great deal of excitement.

I've never played them. When Rome 2 comes out, post a review and if it's good I might try it. I played a little bit of Total Annihilation, but most of my RTS experience has been StarCraft, Warcraft 3, and StarCraft 2.

Jerm 04-12-2013 06:10 AM

The Total War games are incredible but be forewarned say bye bye life if you start playing lol....

beach tribe 04-12-2013 07:39 AM

Seriously??
Gotta be legend of Zelda. I could never put that kind of hrs into a game in my adult life.

Fish 04-12-2013 09:32 AM

QWOP... weeks straight...

http://dsmith57.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/qwop.jpg

Imon Yourside 04-12-2013 09:44 AM

So many to choose from over the years Ultima III/Questron on C64, Civilization 1/Micro-League Baseball 2/Masters of Magic early pc days...Chaos overlords/Daggerfall Arena/Mirrors Edge...and of course Diablo 2..if you count botting then definitely Diablo 2 if not it's a toss up.

kaplin42 04-12-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9574650)
I have some insane total playtime in SWTOR, like 2000+ hours.

But total time I'm sure I played LOTRO more, between 2008 and 2011.

Single player games is harder to tell. I spent a lot of time in the Baldur's Gate series.

Still with SWTOR huh? Every time I check on that game it just seems like they add one more reason for me not to come back.

As it stands now, I no desire to play any of the MMO's out there. Maybe EQNext when it comes out, or there is one in development called World of Darkness based on White Wolf's table top game Vampire the Masquerade, being developed by the same company that did EVE.

ModSocks 04-12-2013 10:12 AM

People who've never played MMO's just don't understand how immersive those games are.

We're talking about a completely customizable game with endless character development and no real way to "beat" the game.

With MMO's, you're never finished.

I almost regret getting my wife into it, who then got her brother into it.

Some good did come out of it though. Now we workout for an hour everyday before logging on. We made a pact to do that so we don't get get chubby and out of shape. So far so good.

kaplin42 04-12-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9575321)
Its a substitute for watching TV. Most of America probably has way more time tuned into the latest sitcom, reality show etc.

And my Wife and Brother in Law actually play with me, so i am spending time with my family haha.

This.

When people say you're such a loser for playing video games, I just ask how much TV they watch. At least with a video game you are least having to think a little bit, and it is interactive.