ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football 538 Calls Tom Brady the 43rd Clutchest Postseason QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289920)

Hootie 01-13-2015 12:08 PM

538 Calls Tom Brady the 43rd Clutchest Postseason QB

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...s-eli-manning/

I found the following interesting:

Quote:

Here’s the problem: This way of thinking about quarterbacks forces them to compete against themselves. Sure, the Patriots have often been favored to win their postseason games. But a lot of that is because Brady is their quarterback. How might the Pats have expected to do with a replacement-level QB instead?

They might not have been totally hopeless. Brady has usually had a little bit more talent surrounding him than Peyton Manning has. (Matt Cassel, who rates as somewhere between average and replacement-level, led New England to an 11-5 record when Brady was hurt in 2008.) Bill Belichick would probably have snuck them into the playoffs a few times. But they’d also have been playing good opponents. Our method projects them to a 12-14 or 13-13 postseason record rather than Brady’s 18-8.

I calculate these estimates based on a quarterback’s adjusted net yards per attempt (ANY/A), a metric that accounts for yardage, attempts, touchdowns, interceptions and sacks — basically it’s a better version of the NFL’s passer rating. A replacement-level quarterback typically posts an ANY/A at about 80 percent of the league average, so a QB gets credit for any performance above and beyond that.1 I then translate this into points added or subtracted in the regular season2 and translate points into a team’s Elo rating to evaluate the impact the QB had on his team overall.3

It’s notoriously difficult, of course, to distinguish the performance of a quarterback from that of his teammates, but this method produces some reasonable-seeming results. This year’s Green Bay Packers project as a slightly below-average team with a replacement-level guy subbed in for Aaron Rodgers , for instance. Instead of having been 59 percent favorites in their Sunday game against the Cowboys, as they were based on Elo ratings, they’d have been roughly 2-to-1 underdogs.

The principle is simply that the better the quarterback, the more his team would be harmed by removing him. In the case of Peyton Manning’s teams, I estimate that pulling Manning would hurt them by about a touchdown (7 points) per game. That’s enough to demote them to a projected 8-16 record in the 24 postseason games Manning has played.
This article projects that, with a replacement level QB, The Patriots postseason record would have been 12-14 or 13-13 without Tom Brady (they are taking out the Bledsoe game).

It projects that Manning's teams would have been 8-16 without Peyton Manning.

Pretty much has always been my point. Manning has a history of not playing like God in the playoffs, but he has always had a hell of a lot more on his shoulders than Tom Brady. And the whole idea of the "Tom doesn't have enough weapons!!!" is criminally stupid.

Titty Meat 01-13-2015 12:08 PM

Doubling down on the stupid.

Bowser 01-13-2015 12:11 PM

Give this up. Everyone knows Peyton sucks in the postseason, particularly when compared to Brady.

SAUTO 01-13-2015 12:11 PM

damn hoot, you are really taking this places.

props to starting your own web site. why did you pick 538 as the name?

ModSocks 01-13-2015 12:12 PM

Wow, what a really stupid way to gauge players.

Brock 01-13-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Brady has usually had a little bit more talent surrounding him than Peyton Manning has.
Ha haaa. Just idiotic.

Bowser 01-13-2015 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11267025)
Ha haaa. Just idiotic.

Troy Brown! Deion Branch! All time greats!

Hootie 01-13-2015 12:15 PM

fivethirtyeight is owned and operated by ESPN ; it's like Grantland

and also, a hell of a lot more credible than coldhardbostondotcomwriterfootballfacts.com that is paraded around as fact by the three Patriots fans on this website

The point is ...

A replacement level QB would've gone 13-13 or 12-14 based off of more research than anyone on this website has EVER done over the course of Tom's 26 full postseason games.

The same replacement level QB would've only gone 8-16 on Peyton's teams.

Discuss.

Bowser 01-13-2015 12:17 PM

What's the percentages of these "replacement QBs" even making the playoffs in the first place?

aturnis 01-13-2015 12:17 PM

They aren't referring to offensive talent, they're talking the team as a whole.

Peyton usually has good/great receivers, average/below average oline, Perry his RB's, and meh defenses.

Hootie 01-13-2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11267030)
Troy Brown! Deion Branch! All time greats!

The article isn't suggesting Tom Brady had better skill level offensive players around him.

It's suggesting that he had much better teams around him. Teams. Not just an offense. Teams.

For instance.

In Tom Brady's 9-0 start to his postseason career, the most important part of those teams were the defense. Tom was in charge of just trying to be efficient and not ****ing up. We all know that.

Skews the numbers.

Peyton has always had to be the best player on his team. Always. Tom? Not during the successful part of his postseason career. Those teams were always defensive minded teams with Tom being a very efficient game manager.

SAUTO 01-13-2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11267033)
fivethirtyeight is owned and operated by ESPN ; it's like Grantland

and also, a hell of a lot more credible than coldhardbostondotcomwriterfootballfacts.com that is paraded around as fact by the three Patriots fans on this website

The point is ...

A replacement level QB would've gone 13-13 or 12-14 based off of more research than anyone on this website has EVER done over the course of Tom's 26 full postseason games.

The same replacement level QB would've only gone 8-16 on Peyton's teams.

Discuss.

JFC you and prison bitch...

prove those replacement player win/loss numbers.

mr. tegu 01-13-2015 12:18 PM

Any method that proposes Matt Cassel could win 12 or 13 playoff games is not a valid method at all.

notorious 01-13-2015 12:18 PM

538=ESPN

ESPN=Create stories out of thin air to drive ratings

Hootie 01-13-2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11267038)
What's the percentages of these "replacement QBs" even making the playoffs in the first place?

Bro.

This isn't about that.

It's only benching Tom and Peyton for the playoff games they played in ... they are 26 1 game samples and 24 1 game samples. That's it.

Donger 01-13-2015 12:20 PM

Because this needed a second thread?

SAUTO 01-13-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11267048)
Bro.

This isn't about that.

It's only benching Tom and Peyton for the playoff games they played in ... they are 26 1 game samples and 24 1 game samples. That's it.

again, prove it

or shut the **** up

LoneWolf 01-13-2015 12:20 PM

So the moron who wrote this article predicts Brady's teams would have lost 6-7 more playoff games without Brady and predicts Manning's teams would have lost 3 more games without Manning, and you are using this article as some sort of validation to your Manning > Brady argument?

Hootie gonna Hootie.

SAUTO 01-13-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 11267051)
Because this needed a second thread?

it didnt need a second post, let alone thread

Prison Bitch 01-13-2015 12:22 PM

The "Hootie Double-Down"

Always great for a cheap laugh

Hootie 01-13-2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11267044)
JFC you and prison bitch...

prove those replacement player win/loss numbers.

I don't have to prove anything.

538 (owned by ESPN) has a guy who is paid to research these things and provide mathematical analysis of what he finds.

I linked the article, stop trying to accuse me of pulling things from thin air.

According to his research, Matt Cassel would have gone 12-14 or 13-13 in playoff games started by Tom Brady.

Matt Cassel would have gone 8-16 in games started by Peyton Manning.

Now, if you want to dig deeper, this still doesn't suggest Peyton > Tom in the postseason.

Since Tom is 18-8 (they threw out the Bledsoe game) and Peyton is 11-13.

So Tom has still been 5 games better than replacement to Peyton's 3.

The point it really makes is ...

TOM BRADY HAS ALWAYS HAD BETTER TEAMS SO STOP WITH THE GOD DAMN "TOM HAS NO WEAPONS" TRIPE.

PizzaDoughz 01-13-2015 12:23 PM

Hootie's still going at it I see

Hootie 01-13-2015 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 11267054)
So the moron who wrote this article predicts Brady's teams would have lost 6-7 more playoff games without Brady and predicts Manning's teams would have list 3 more games without Manning, and you are using this article as some sort of validation to your Manning > Brady argument?

Hootie gonna Hootie.

Nope.

Read my last post.

Just said the same thing.

Tom has been 1.2 wins better than his ELO predictions and Peyton has been 2.2 wins worse than his.

This is more or less proof that debunks the idea that Tom Brady doesn't have any weapons.

He's had the weapon of having the best team in football for about 1.5 decades now. Not to mention his head coach...

keg in kc 01-13-2015 12:24 PM

This is turning into Michael Scott on Football.

the Talking Can 01-13-2015 12:24 PM

so, in an imaginary world....

in the real world, Brady trumps Manning in every category

end of story

Easy 6 01-13-2015 12:25 PM

This obsession has gone too far, turn off the laptop and step outside for some fresh air and sunshine.

Hootie 01-13-2015 12:25 PM

Haha.

I'm going at it by posting an article that states what I've been stating for years with statistical proof.

Tom has been OK in the postseason. Not great. Not clutch. He's been pretty good. According to this article, even a little bit better than Manning.

But neither of them have been great by any standard.

KCUnited 01-13-2015 12:25 PM

Approaching blackbob levels.

SAUTO 01-13-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11267066)
I don't have to prove anything.

538 (owned by ESPN) has a guy who is paid to research these things and provide mathematical analysis of what he finds.

I linked the article, stop trying to accuse me of pulling things from thin air.

According to his research, Matt Cassel would have gone 12-14 or 13-13 in playoff games started by Tom Brady.

Matt Cassel would have gone 8-16 in games started by Peyton Manning.

Now, if you want to dig deeper, this still doesn't suggest Peyton > Tom in the postseason.

Since Tom is 18-8 (they threw out the Bledsoe game) and Peyton is 11-13.

So Tom has still been 5 games better than replacement to Peyton's 3.

The point it really makes is ...

TOM BRADY HAS ALWAYS HAD BETTER TEAMS SO STOP WITH THE GOD DAMN "TOM HAS NO WEAPONS" TRIPE.

so some guys mathematical analysis says it so it HAS to be right?

seriously?

PizzaDoughz 01-13-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11267074)
This obsession has gone too far, turn off the laptop and step outside for some fresh air and sunshine.

I don't think he's going to stop anytime soon.

notorious 01-13-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11267076)

Holy shit, I am going to faint.

Hootie just said Manning hasn't been great. This is progress, people.

Hootie 01-13-2015 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 11267073)
so, in an imaginary world....

in the real world, Brady trumps Manning in every category

end of story

so when a replacement level is supposed to go 13-13 on Brady's teams ...

you're surprised that he's won most of those games?

Must be nice to only need a replacement level guy to go 13 - 13.

Sure Manning would have won more games if his replacement level wasn't 8 - 16.

MagicHef 01-13-2015 12:27 PM

You're looking at the first chart, where the second one, down the page, is where he runs the numbers with a replacement-level QB, which is what the text you quoted is talking about.

In this chart, Brady ranks 6th, behind Eli, Montana, Warner, Flacco, and Elway.

SAUTO 01-13-2015 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11267070)
Nope.

Read my last post.

Just said the same thing.

Tom has been 1.2 wins better than his ELO predictions and Peyton has been 2.2 wins worse than his.

This is more or less proof that debunks the idea that Tom Brady doesn't have any weapons.

He's had the weapon of having the best team in football for about 1.5 decades now. Not to mention his head coach...

how is some guy's mathematical analysis "PROOF" of anything that would/could happen in a football game?

Hootie 01-13-2015 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11267080)
so some guys mathematical analysis says it so it HAS to be right?

seriously?

Nope. Please quote where I said this.

It's an article featured on ESPN.

I found it interesting that Brady, a guy who has never had any weapons, has a team that is projected to be 13-13 in the games he's started in the playoffs with a replacement level QB.

Do you not agree with WAR in baseball? It's pretty much the hottest stat in baseball.

It's called wins above replacement.

Are you saying football can't have WAR?

Oh, ok.

SAUTO 01-13-2015 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 11267087)
You're looking at the first chart, where the second one, down the page, is where he runs the numbers with a replacement-level QB, which is what the text you quoted is talking about.

so are you saying hootie read the wrong mathematical analysis "proof"?

Easy 6 01-13-2015 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PizzaDoughz (Post 11267081)
I don't think he's going to stop anytime soon.

I think we all need to line up and take turns slapping him back to reality like in Airplane.

Hootie 01-13-2015 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 11267087)

Yeah, I know. The thread title was for trolling purposes only.

So far, it has worked.

PizzaDoughz 01-13-2015 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11267089)
how is some guy's mathematical analysis "PROOF" of anything that would/could happen in a football game?

It's proof as long as it fits Hootie's agenda apparently

SAUTO 01-13-2015 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11267093)
Nope. Please quote where I said this.

It's an article featured on ESPN.

I found it interesting that Brady, a guy who has never had any weapons, has a team that is projected to be 13-13 in the games he's started in the playoffs with a replacement level QB.

Do you not agree with WAR in baseball? It's pretty much the hottest stat in baseball.

It's called wins above replacement.

Are you saying football can't have WAR?

Oh, ok.

LMAO

you said it was "PROOF", do you neeed me to quote that post again

what does steamer say?

MagicHef 01-13-2015 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11267096)

I think the only thing he got wrong is the thread title, it should say 6th, not 43rd.

Donger 01-13-2015 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11267099)
Yeah, I know. The thread title was for trolling purposes only.

So far, it has worked.

Can you provide one reason why you shouldn't receive a time out for this? You do remember that you allowed back on a short leash, yes?

Hootie 01-13-2015 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11267096)

No, not at all.

Brady's teams 12.6 - 13.4 with replacement level QB
Manning's teams 8 - 16

and if you don't want to agree with that, fine

but baseball geeks think of WAR as gospel, and none of this was math done by me

It was research done by someone who has more credentials than anyone on this board.

Hootie 01-13-2015 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 11267104)
Can you provide one reason why you shouldn't receive a time out for this? You do remember that you allowed back on a short leash, yes?

I was never allowed back on a short leash and I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to talk about football on this board.

You suck a lot of dick, and it grosses me out.

notorious 01-13-2015 12:31 PM

I see that Flacco is #3.

notorious 01-13-2015 12:32 PM

Sanchez is #9!

Donger 01-13-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11267109)
I was never allowed back on a short leash and I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to talk about football on this board.

You suck a lot of dick, and it grosses me out.

You were graciously allowed back. And I'm pretty sure that it was conditional on you behaving yourself (i.e., a short Hootie leash). I would say that you are pulling on that leash pretty hard.

Maybe you could throttle it back a little? Thanks in advance.

LoneWolf 01-13-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11267076)
Haha.

I'm going at it by posting an article that states what I've been stating for years with statistical proof.

Tom has been OK in the postseason. Not great. Not clutch. He's been pretty good. According to this article, even a little bit better than Manning.

Statistical proof?! Really?!

Maybe instead of waiting tables at Bennigan's and banging chicks with bladder control issues, you should have taken a statistics class.

Hootie 01-13-2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 11267116)
You were graciously allowed back. And I'm pretty sure that it was conditional on you behaving yourself (i.e., a short Hootie leash). I would say that you are pulling on that leash pretty hard.

Maybe you could throttle it back a little? Thanks in advance.

Pulling it hard?

For posting a football topic on a football board and providing a link to an article and asking others to discuss the topic?

Wow. You're dumb!

SAUTO 01-13-2015 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11267119)
Pulling it hard?

For posting a football topic on a football board and providing a link to an article and asking others to discuss the topic?

Wow. You're dumb!

you already admitted you were trolling

Hootie 01-13-2015 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 11267118)
Statistical proof?! Really?!

Maybe instead of waiting tables at Bennigan's and banging chicks with bladder control issues, you should have taken a statistics class.

Yes.

According to the statistics ran by Nate Silver, a very respected member of sports media, Tom Brady's teams with a REPLACEMENT LEVEL QB would have gone 12.6 - 13.4 in his 26 completed postseason starts. Peyton Manning's with that same REPLACEMENT LEVEL QB would have gone 8 - 16.

Thus, the idea that Tom Brady doesn't have enough weapons is criminally stupid.

Thanks for playing.

Hootie 01-13-2015 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11267122)
you already admitted you were trolling

and you admitted you got sloppy drunk one time and sucked off a Vietnamese American in an alley behind your auto shop ...

but am I holding that against you?

SAUTO 01-13-2015 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11267129)
and you admitted you got sloppy drunk one time and sucked off a Vietnamese American in an alley behind your auto shop ...

yeah that never could have happened you dip shit.

there isnt even an alley in the whole county i live in...

KC native 01-13-2015 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11267129)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11267132)
yeah that never could have happened you dip shit.

there isnt even an alley in the whole county i live in...

Yea, SAUTO sucked him off in a field. Get it right.

Donger 01-13-2015 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11267119)
Pulling it hard?

Wow. You're dumb!

Yes, pulling it hard.

You admitted that this thread is trolling and you already started a thread on this same reeruned subject matter.

SAUTO 01-13-2015 12:39 PM

and i guarantee i can hold my liquor infinity times better than your dumb ass.

Hootie 01-13-2015 12:39 PM

***OFFICIAL APOLOGY***

I apologize for posting an article I read on ESPN by Nate Silver that calls into question the idea that Tom Brady is the best postseason QB of all time.

I realize posting football articles on ChiefsPlanet is deeply frowned upon by Donger, and I deeply apologize for that.

From now on, I'll stick to asking things like "Cardele Jones or Alex Smith", or "Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich or Alex Smith", or "AIDS or Alex Smith" just to keep things normal around here.

I realize provocative talk about hot topics in football is heavily against the rules and I feel terrible for violating those.

Baby Lee 01-13-2015 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11267042)
The article isn't suggesting Tom Brady had better skill level offensive players around him.

It's suggesting that he had much better teams around him. Teams. Not just an offense. Teams.

For instance.

In Tom Brady's 9-0 start to his postseason career, the most important part of those teams were the defense. Tom was in charge of just trying to be efficient and not ****ing up. We all know that.

Skews the numbers.

Peyton has always had to be the best player on his team. Always. Tom? Not during the successful part of his postseason career. Those teams were always defensive minded teams with Tom being a very efficient game manager.

Hahahaha.

Who the **** cares about that in a 'QB driven' league?!?!?!

:rolleyes:

Perhaps the most tired meme in all of football.

SAUTO 01-13-2015 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11267136)
Yea, SAUTO sucked him off in a field. Get it right.

SAUTO aint never been a sucker.

thats what i pay you for.

Donger 01-13-2015 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11267142)
***OFFICIAL APOLOGY***

I apologize for posting an article I read on ESPN by Nate Silver that calls into question the idea that Tom Brady is the best postseason QB of all time.

I realize posting football articles on ChiefsPlanet is deeply frowned upon by Donger, and I deeply apologize for that.

From now on, I'll stick to asking things like "Cardele Jones or Alex Smith", or "Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich or Alex Smith", or "AIDS or Alex Smith" just to keep things normal around here.

I realize provocative talk about hot topics in football is heavily against the rules and I feel terrible for violating those.

I accept your apology. That's a good boy.

Hootie 01-13-2015 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11267138)
and i guarantee i can hold my liquor infinity times better than your dumb ass.

maybe, but I can juggle knives better than you and I can carry three cups in one hand so ...

score another one for the dragon!

LoneWolf 01-13-2015 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11267127)
Yes.

According to the statistics ran by Nate Silver, a very respected member of sports media, Tom Brady's teams with a REPLACEMENT LEVEL QB would have gone 12.6 - 13.4 in his 26 completed postseason starts. Peyton Manning's with that same REPLACEMENT LEVEL QB would have gone 8 - 16.

Thus, the idea that Tom Brady doesn't have enough weapons is criminally stupid.

Thanks for playing.

It's still not "proof". Just like WAR in baseball isn't "proof". It is a prediction based on a mathematical equation.

SAUTO 01-13-2015 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11267149)
maybe, but I can juggle knives better than you and I can carry three cups in one hand so ...

i can carry three cups in one hand too, busboy

Hootie 01-13-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11267145)
Hahahaha.

Who the **** cares about that in a 'QB driven' league?!?!?!

:rolleyes:

Perhaps the most tired meme in all of football.

I agree.

So it's official, then.

Tom Brady has always been on better teams than Peyton Manning so we can no longer pretend that Tom only loses because he doesn't have enough weapons ... since his teams are always expected to win...and even with Matt Cassel, still expected to win half of the time in the most pressure packed games (playoff games) as proven by Nate Silver.

Whereas, without Peyton, his team would only be expected to win 1 out of every 3 times.

Eleazar 01-13-2015 12:43 PM

Flacco > Brady OR Manning.

LMAO

Never go full Hootie

notorious 01-13-2015 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 11267159)

LMAO

Never go full Hootie

Sanchez > Brady, Elway, Manning, etc.

Hootie 01-13-2015 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 11267152)
It's still not "proof". Just like WAR in baseball isn't "proof". It is a prediction based on a mathematical equation.

Ok, fair.

So the same people, like Prison Bitch (and me), who put a high emphasis on WAR, it's fair to say that this is a pretty revealing article and it kind of dispels a few myths about Tom Brady, correct?

Or are we just going to pretend WAR is no longer a good metric whatsoever because I brought it up and it kind of painted a picture I've been trying to paint for like 10 years now?

Hootie 01-13-2015 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 11267159)

LMAO

Never go full Hootie

According to this metric, he is more CLUTCH than Brady or Manning in the postseason.

This metric has nothing to do with who is the more talented or better QB.

Moron.

Lex Luthor 01-13-2015 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11267106)
No, not at all.

Brady's teams 12.6 - 13.4 with replacement level QB
Manning's teams 8 - 16

and if you don't want to agree with that, fine

but baseball geeks think of WAR as gospel, and none of this was math done by me

It was research done by someone who has more credentials than anyone on this board.

Any analysis that suggests Trent Dilfer, Mark Sanchez and Tony Eason are better quarterbacks than Tom Brady is the spastic rambling of a reerun.

See below for a mathematical proof that Hootie is an idiot:

http://www.vector-eps.com/wp-content...as-vector1.jpg

Don't blame me if you don't understand it. The math proves it. Hootie is an idiot.

TLO 01-13-2015 12:47 PM

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...34098819930135

SAUTO 01-13-2015 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11267157)
I agree.

So it's official, then.

Tom Brady has always been on better teams than Peyton Manning so we can no longer pretend that Tom only loses because he doesn't have enough weapons ... since his teams are always expected to win...and even with Matt Cassel, still expected to win half of the time in the most pressure packed games (playoff games) as proven by Nate Silver.

Whereas, without Peyton, his team would only be expected to win 1 out of every 3 times.

here you go again saying this article actually PROVES something.

cue the "i never said that" post

Hootie 01-13-2015 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11267165)
Sanchez > Brady, Elway, Manning, etc.

Not a big enough sample size, but he does have postseason wins against Brady and Manning in games the Jets were heavy underdogs in so of course it's going to skew the numbers.

But no, Sanchez isn't even on the list.

Tom is 6th; Peyton is 28th; Rodgers is 20th; Luck is 30th

learn to read

(I stated Tom as 43rd as an eye opener on your Sanchez list. Everyone knows that)

notorious 01-13-2015 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11267179)

(I stated Tom as 43rd as an eye opener on your Sanchez list. Everyone knows that)

You make threads like this to get attention. Everyone knows that.

Hootie 01-13-2015 12:49 PM

LET ME JUST REPHRASE THIS, MORONS

THE WAR AT THE QB LEVEL IN POSTSEASON GAMES FOR BRADY AND MANNING:

BRADY 12.6-13.4
MANNING 8-16

DISCUSS.

(Or ignore it)

Mr. Flopnuts 01-13-2015 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11267149)

ROFL

KC native 01-13-2015 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11267147)
SAUTO aint never been a sucker.

I don't believe you.

notorious 01-13-2015 12:51 PM

ComoDragon

SAUTO 01-13-2015 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11267184)
I don't believe you.

and again no ****s were given.

Baby Lee 01-13-2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11267157)
I agree.

So it's official, then.

Who gives a shit about other teams.

How about we stop pretending that the Chiefs would 'rape faces' if the only thing we changed was some magical superstar QB we missed out on [Rodgers being the exception] or upgrading team deficiencies if a waste of team so long as Alex is our QB.

Just Passin' By 01-13-2015 12:53 PM

Poor Hootie. So pathetic...... LMAO