ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football VON DOUCHE! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274698)

Frazod 07-22-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9827057)
Funny this will likely be a moot point in the near future. #Legalization

It should be legalized. That's not the point. The point is this guy is being paid a shit ton of cash to do a job and conduct his personal life in a certain way, and he should damn well be able to do it.

-King- 07-22-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9827127)
I don't think any player should be suspended for any drug that's OTC or prescribed by a doctor

Players can get permission to use prescribed meds if they ask the NFL each season. But as far as OTC, some of them contain banned substances so players have to know what's in them before they take them. That's how Bowe got suspended in 2009. By using OTC pills that had a banned substance.
Posted via Mobile Device

gblowfish 07-22-2013 12:33 PM

He musta got a care package from Dwayne Bowe's Grandma....

Garcia Bronco 07-22-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9827158)
Because some "certified licensed doctors" will prescribe anything if the price is right or if you are their buddy.

That's a matter for the justice system IMO. I also contend that the illegality creates the black market.

Saul Good 07-22-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9827189)
That's a matter for the justice system IMO.

Then why should the NFL even care if they have a prescription? Isn't that a matter for the police?

vailpass 07-22-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9826925)
Exactly. He's a star athlete who gets paid millions of dollars. He knows not doping it up is a condition of his employment. He knows he's going to get randomly tested. Yet the dumbass does it anyway. No sympathy for this ****ing clown whatsoever, nor any of the rest of them that do it, regardless of who they play for.

Yep.

BigCatDaddy 07-22-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9827189)
That's a matter for the justice system IMO.

Than you have league with a lot of guys using PED's and a lot that don't or get cut because they don't. That's how you end up with McGwire/Sosa/Bonds. I guess it's cool if you like inflated numbers, but not an even playing field.

vailpass 07-22-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9827159)
Don't forget the fact that their owner wears fur.

I love Bowlen's pimp coats.

Garcia Bronco 07-22-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9827194)
Than you have league with a lot of guys using PED's and a lot that don't or get cut because they don't. That's how you end up with McGwire/Sosa/Bonds. I guess it's cool if you like inflated numbers, but not an even playing field.

Inflated? Who cares? It just allowed them to heal faster and play longer. So what. They've got a right to earn a living. Just like everybody else. AS long as everybody has access I don't have a problem with it.

Where do you draw the line? Gatorade is a PED by strictest of definitions. Didn't you guys win Super Bowl 4 on that? I didn't see it on the Viking sidelines. Does that make that team cheaters?

Garcia Bronco 07-22-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9827192)
Then why should the NFL even care if they have a prescription? Isn't that a matter for the police?

No...I am not talking about the players. I am talking about the doctor.

Dante84 07-22-2013 12:58 PM

haterade

BigCatDaddy 07-22-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9827214)
Inflated? Who cares? <b>It just allowed them to heal faster and play longer</b>. So what. They've got a right to earn a living. Just like everybody else. <b>AS long as everybody has access I don't have a problem with it. </b>

Where do you draw the line? Gatorade is a PED by strictest of definitions. Didn't you guys win Super Bowl 4 on that? I didn't see it on the Viking sidelines. Does that make that team cheaters?

Really, you think steroids and Test just "help you heal quicker and play longer" LMAO

Maybe not everybody has that doctor they can can go to, or they want to take something they don't medically need in reality?

To say if you can get a script for something it should be fine is really dumb and gullible. I can get scripts for about 400mg of test a week right now and I'm some middle class guy on a messaeg board. If I were an pro athlete I would have a HUGE advantage over someone that doesn't have access to that. Speed, power, size.. you name it.

You either try to have as clean of a sport as possible, or you just let everything go. Trying to find ground inbetween that is a recipe for disaster.

Chief Roundup 07-22-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 9826865)
weed makes you lazy, stupid and unsuccessful. can't believe he's gone this far without being thrown in prison. he deserves to stay in prison for the sake of the kids. In fact him and Hernandez can share a cell together for all I care.

WOW you aren't very bright are you.

Garcia Bronco 07-22-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9827222)
Really, you think steroids and Test just "help you heal quicker and play longer" LMAO

Maybe not everybody has that doctor they can can go to, or they want to take something they don't medically need in reality?

To say if you can get a script for something it should be fine. I can get scripts for about 400mg of test a week right now. I would have a HUGE advantage over someone that doesn't have access to that.

It depends on the steroids one is taking actually, but ultimately steroids help you heal quicker. That's what the do. You are kinda operating on this 1970's thinking of steroids. It seems people think that you take them and you turn into the Hulk in a few minutes. If a player didn't think they needed them then fine. If they do then the option is available to them.

I find the discussions in baseball about the 3 individuals you listed as ridiculous for two reasons.

1: Baseball was on greenies, aka Amphetamines, as early as the 50's. Before that it was on alcohol

2: Those guys still had to lift weights and hit the ball.

Ugly Duck 07-22-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9827158)
Because some "certified licensed doctors" will prescribe anything if the price is right or if you are their buddy.

Yeah... it was so easy to get a weed permit here in NorCal. Doc didn't ask for any paperwork or x-rays or anything. Just took my $75 & suggested that I buy weed low in THC & high in CBD, cuz otherwise I might get "high."

Then I walked straight into the weed store & bought THC candy bars & a bag of "Killer Afghani" for $25. A friend who supplies weed stores with hash oil finds out that I decided to smoke pot again comes over & gives me a jar half an inch deep. So for the past week I've been eating gobs of THC candy while imbibing promiscuous amounts of hash oil drizzled onto weed.

Then yesterday I get a resume' request for my dream job. An acquaintance has greased the skids & I slide right from this job to me dream job. If I can pass a drug test. I am so up the creek. Screw the weed thing..... it just ain't worth it.