ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Could Cassel be part of the Vrabel deal? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=203259)

MIAdragon 02-27-2009 02:59 PM

Could Cassel be part of the Vrabel deal?

:cuss:

Patriots beat writer Mike Reiss wonders if Mike Vrabel's trade could be part of a larger deal including Matt Cassel.

Now that would be a doozy. Reiss is one of the most well-respected beat writers in the country, and is usually very cautious to publish anything resembling speculation. He rightly points out that we have no idea what the compensation in the Vrabel trade is.
Source: Boston Globe

Brock 02-27-2009 02:59 PM

It shouldn't surprise anyone if it happens.

RustShack 02-27-2009 02:59 PM

Repost #101

-King- 02-27-2009 03:00 PM

Hmm, A deal between the two most secretive teams in the NFL. Damn, we wont know the compensation until draft day.

MIAdragon 02-27-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 5534398)
Repost #101

dont care.

-King- 02-27-2009 03:01 PM

Reporter: Scott, with the 3rd pick, how come you didn't draft a quarterback knowing Thigpen is the only qb you have?

Pioli: Oh shit, did I forget to tell you, we traded for Peyton Manning in March.

CrazyHorse 02-27-2009 03:09 PM

Wouldn't they pretty much have to have a deal in place with Cassel himself? It seems early for that.

Yes I agree you figure out compensation with the Pats 1st. But once you do that, you negotiate the money with Cassel before you pull the trigger on the deal.

So either the deal is complete which seems early, or there is no such deal for a 2 players trade, IMO.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-27-2009 03:11 PM

I'm gonna repost this:

There is no way the Chiefs would be dumb enough to trade that for Cassell.

I would really like someone to explain to me how Matt Cassell is worth 1540 points. The entire Patriots Draft isn't even worth that.

So, unless you are telling me that Matt Cassell is worth more than our 2nd-7th rounders, plus next year's first, I don't know what else to say.

Mr. Plow 02-27-2009 03:12 PM

A better question would be why isn't LJ part of the trade.

SAUTO 02-27-2009 03:13 PM

schefter said last night that his source calls cassell a top 5-8 qb RIGHT NOW. also said that the chiefs and lions should be on the phone already. he went on to state that if cassell was at the combine this year he would be the #1 pick without a doubt in his mind. and to all of the "he has no arm" guys it looked like that might not be true with the clips they showed on nfl net last night

MIAdragon 02-27-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 5534472)
schefter said last night that his source calls cassell a top 5-8 qb RIGHT NOW. also said that the chiefs and lions should be on the phone already. he went on to state that if cassell was at the combine this year he would be the #1 pick without a doubt in his mind. and to all of the "he has no arm" guys it looked like that might not be true with the clips they showed on nfl net last night

Yea I saw that too, but there is NO WAY that guy is a top 5-8 QB no way in hell.

Just Passin' By 02-27-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 5534480)
Yea I saw that too, but there is NO WAY that guy is a top 5-8 QB no way in hell.

So you saw all of his games last season?

BigRedChief 02-27-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5534466)
I'm gonna repost this:

There is no way the Chiefs would be dumb enough to trade that for Cassell.

I would really like someone to explain to me how Matt Cassell is worth 1540 points. The entire Patriots Draft isn't even worth that.

So, unless you are telling me that Matt Cassell is worth more than our 2nd-7th rounders, plus next year's first, I don't know what else to say.

No chit. This is Pioli we are talking about. No one snookers him on trades or draft day.

MIAdragon 02-27-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 5534484)
So you saw all of his games last season?

que?

Brock 02-27-2009 03:19 PM

I'm not crazy about the idea, nor do I think the Chiefs should overpay to the rumored extent, BUT. I have made a point of watching the games that Cassel played in whenever they're replayed on NFLN, and I have to say that he's not nearly the POS that some people around here claim he is. He made some throws that Thigpen could only dream about.