ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   What QB do you like in this draft class? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=182854)

suds79 04-12-2008 09:39 AM

What QB do you like in this draft class?

In relation to where we’ll have to pick to get him.

Round projection via - http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com

Poll forthcoming...

OnTheWarpath15 04-12-2008 09:44 AM

Other: Josh Johnson and Kevin O'Connell of San Diego State.

Deberg_1990 04-12-2008 09:45 AM

The latest ive seen is Henne going very early 2nd round. Perhaps we could get him there if we dont get Ryan? I think Brohm is gonna go late 1st round.

CosmicPal 04-12-2008 09:45 AM

The Chiefs should consider a QB, but I don't think they should take Matt Ryan. If Chad Henne is to be available in the 3rd, which I don't believe he will be, but if he is- he'd be an absolute steal then. I'd honestly take him over Ryan.

keg in kc 04-12-2008 09:46 AM

If we don't draft Ryan, I don't think we draft a QB in this class, at least not an early-round one. I don't think Brohm will be on the board when we pick in the 2nd (and I'm not sure I'd take him if he was) and I'm not at all sold on Chad Henne (I say this as a Michigan fan). Anything after that and it's either Brodie Croyle part deux or a project we're grooming as a career backup.

Sully 04-12-2008 09:47 AM

Henne scares me... he just does.
Flacco reminds me of Grbac.
I think I'd like Woodson a little lower.
I like Brohm in the 2nd.
I like Ryan in the first (a little, though with the other options...meh)
No on JDB.
I could live with a low pick of Ainge.

CosmicPal 04-12-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully;
Henne scares me... he just does.

Just curious....why does Henne scare you?

Scare you in a good way? Scare you in a bad way?

nychief 04-12-2008 09:51 AM

I think Ryan has to be considered... but I also think the Falcons are going to grab him. Otherwise...I don't know. Brohm is my favorite after Ryan - but we have so many holes to fill, unless you think he is a franchise QB (ryan) I don't know if you waste a pick for a backup player.

Sully 04-12-2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 4680586)
Just curious....why does Henne scare you?

Scare you in a good way? Scare you in a bad way?

I'm afraid he will eat children in my neighborhood.

No...really... I can't put my finger on it, I just don't have a good feeling about the guy. For some reason, with him, I get the same type of gut feeling I did with guys like Cade McNown and Philip Rivers. Not terribly scientific, or backed up with facts, I just get that type of feeling.

nychief 04-12-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 4680592)

No...really... I can't put my finger on it, I just don't have a good feeling about the guy. For some reason, with him, I get the same type of gut feeling I did with guys like Cade McNown and Philip Rivers. Not terribly scientific, or backed up with facts, I just get that type of feeling.

I'd take Philip Rivers.

penguinz 04-12-2008 09:59 AM

Matt Ryan will be an average QB in the NFL. Not worth top 5 pick.

keg in kc 04-12-2008 10:00 AM

Quote:

Watching him play for four years, he was never bad, but I never saw "it" in him. When I look at Henne I see the next Elvis Grbac or Todd Collins. Sad to say, if we're really Herm-strated on offense, he'd probably fit perfectly, actually, as a game manager asked not to screw up, but I don't see him as anything more than that long-term.

That doesn't mean he won't turn into a star. I've been wrong before, and sometimes you can get biased against guys that played on teams you root for, but that's what I see...

Frankie 04-12-2008 10:01 AM

Matt Ryan reminds me a lot of the other guy who went to Detroit in the 5th +/- spot after David Carr went first. Can't remember his name, but I remember Carl had a woody for him and so did a lot of yous on the Planet. How did that turn out?

I picked Chad Henne in the 3rd as the best value in this poll. Booty in the 4th (not 3rd) might be a good choice.

Frankie 04-12-2008 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 4680602)
Matt Ryan will be an average QB in the NFL. Not worth top 5 pick.

I think so too. See my last post.

DTLB58 04-12-2008 10:08 AM

I really don't watch college football enough to evaluate players.

I just think we have committed to Brodie and we have waaay to many other holes to fill. Give Brodie the most help you can and see what he can do.

milkman 04-12-2008 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 4680609)
Matt Ryan reminds me a lot of the other guy who went to Detroit in the 5th +/- spot after David Carr went first. Can't remember his name, but I remember Carl had a woody for him and so did a lot of yous on the Planet. How did that turn out?

I picked Chad Henne in the 3rd as the best value in this poll. Booty in the 4th (not 3rd) might be a good choice.

Joey Harrington?

Harrington had talent, but he just didn't get it mentally.

He probably threw away his best opportunity for success when he decided to get out of Detroit just as Martz was taking over the offense.

I think Martz could have made him an NFL QB.

milkman 04-12-2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 4680606)
Watching him play for four years, he was never bad, but I never saw "it" in him. When I look at Henne I see the next Elvis Grbac or Todd Collins. Sad to say, if we're really Herm-strated on offense, he'd probably fit perfectly, actually, as a game manager asked not to screw up, but I don't see him as anything more than that long-term.

That doesn't mean he won't turn into a star. I've been wrong before, and sometimes you can get biased against guys that played on teams you root for, but that's what I see...

I've only seen Michigan about 7 times in the last 3 years, but is pretty much how I feel about Henne.

Direckshun 04-12-2008 10:17 AM

1. Eric Ainge in the mid round is a steal.
2. Matt Ryan.
3. Josh Johnson in the 3rd or 4th.
4. Kevin O'Connell in the 6th or 7th.
5. Andre Woodson in the 3rd.

chiefscafan 04-12-2008 10:52 AM

i've said it before say it again brohm if there at our pick is a major value pick and could be steal of the draft.

RedandGold 04-12-2008 11:05 AM

I like Brohm in the 2nd, but I don't like the poll choice of him in the 1st. If we're picking anyone in the first, it should be Matt Ryan. Of the other poll choices, I like Woodson in the 3rd.

I wouldn't take Colt Brennan unless he was still on the board late in the second day.

Deberg_1990 04-12-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

\

Id take Rivers in a heartbeat.

Brock 04-12-2008 11:17 AM

If Matt Ryan reminds you of Joey Harrington, it's because you never watched either one of them play.

Deberg_1990 04-12-2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 4680691)
If Matt Ryan reminds you of Joey Harrington, it's because you never watched either one of them play.

Ive read he compares favorably to Matt Hasselbeck. Id take that kind of production, no doubt.

Logical 04-12-2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedandGold (Post 4680676)
I like Brohm in the 2nd, but I don't like the poll choice of him in the 1st. If we're picking anyone in the first, it should be Matt Ryan. Of the other poll choices, I like Woodson in the 3rd.

I wouldn't take Colt Brennan unless he was still on the board late in the second day

I assume that is what was meant by mid rounder.

suds79 04-12-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedandGold (Post 4680676)

I wouldn't take Colt Brennan unless he was still on the board late in the second day.

I think Brohm could be a great value pick in the 2nd also but it appears that a lot of sites have him going in the late 1st. So I think we'd have to work some kind of trade to get in the range where he's going to go.

I like Henee and/or Woodson if they slip to the 3rd.

Henee comes from a system that typically produces good NFL QBs and Woodson has a nice completion percentage.

I also thought Eric Ainge did a nice job at the Senior Bowl in the limited time I've seen him.

And all 3 of those QBs are much bigger guys than Croyle and probably better suited to deal with the punishment NFL players can dish out.

pr_capone 04-12-2008 11:30 AM

Brennan.... I really like the kid.

Deberg_1990 04-12-2008 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 4680714)
Brennan.... I really like the kid.

Hes got some nice "moxie" but hes a HUUUUUGGGE project. Hes be ok to take a flyer on in the 4th-7th round.

Some team will. My guess is, he wil go in the 4-5th round somewhere.

CoMoChief 04-12-2008 12:19 PM

Honestly I don't think any of the QB's in this years draft will do anything as a pro.

pr_capone 04-12-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4680781)
Hes got some nice "moxie" but hes a HUUUUUGGGE project. Hes be ok to take a flyer on in the 4th-7th round.

Some team will. My guess is, he wil go in the 4-5th round somewhere.

Like I said in another thread.... if Brennan is there when we go to pick in the 4th, I would like to see him picked up.

I realized he played in a weak conference but the numbers he put up there were astonishing.

Sully 04-12-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4680684)
\

Id take Rivers in a heartbeat.

Yeah, that was merely a comparison of how I felt about him. My "feeling" method isn't nearly 100%. But coming out of college, I just had a definite "meh" feeling about him.

The Franchise 04-12-2008 01:31 PM

Other - Josh Johnson

suds79 04-12-2008 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 4680844)
Like I said in another thread.... if Brennan is there when we go to pick in the 4th, I would like to see him picked up.

I realized he played in a weak conference but the numbers he put up there were astonishing.

The thing is about Col Brennan that scares me is that he seems pretty frail.

At the Senior Bowl he was 6'2 185.

Now he bumped up to 205 at the combine but he's still pretty small. He's skinnier than Croyle.

Plus like a lot of QBs from the spread offense, he has little to no time taking snaps under center.

KCChiefsMan 04-12-2008 01:56 PM

I say we ride the Brodie train this year and if he isn't going to work out we wait until next year for a QB. Of course, I don't know what the talent will be like next year though.

suds79 04-12-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 4680873)
I say we ride the Brodie train this year and if he isn't going to work out we wait until next year for a QB. Of course, I don't know what the talent will be like next year though.

So you're for starting a rookie at that point?

ChiefsCountry 04-12-2008 02:20 PM

I like Brodie better than any of the quarterbacks in this year's draft.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-12-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4680694)
Ive read he compares favorably to Matt Hasselbeck. Id take that kind of production, no doubt.

I would too, if he was there in the late first round. But a #5 pick is a franchise cornerstone, and that is not what Matt Ryan will ever be.

KCChiefsMan 04-12-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 4680875)
So you're for starting a rookie at that point?

not necessarily, if Brodie looks like $hit this year (which I don't think he will). Then we draft a QB in 2009, Matt Ryan could be a good player but I'm not sure if he's worth the pick we have...he's the best QB in the class but that's not saying much this year. But if we did draft a QB high next year, I suppose you could start him from day 1, but I'm not sure if that's a great idea.

Mecca 04-12-2008 02:42 PM

Next years QB class is worse.......

Honestly when looking at the QB's you have to look at what team this is. I personally like Woodsons upside but the Chiefs would ruin him, he needs coaching and refinement same for Flacco...

The Chiefs should be high on guys like Ryan because he doesn't need much coaching he's smart and technically sound already.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-12-2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4680913)

Honestly when looking at the QB's you have to look at what team this is. I personally like Woodsons upside but the Chiefs would ruin him, he needs coaching and refinement same for Flacco...

The Chiefs should be high on guys like Ryan because he doesn't need much coaching he's smart and technically sound already.

That kind of logic is reeruned. If you don't have good position coaches, we will endlessly suck, because you can't draft ready-made players in every round.

We might as well just give up.

Moreover, this stance directly contradicts your own belief in drafting BPA, because you are drafting a less worthy prospect based on a perceived future need or a lack of available prospects the next year (which is largely unknowable).

This is how you end up with Jr. Siavii.

AustinChief 04-12-2008 02:59 PM

http://www.mrisports.com/images/Helm...iganHelmet.JPG

My guess... the best QB value in this draft... wore a helmet like this...

Pic 04-12-2008 03:04 PM

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...shanefalco.jpg

keg in kc 04-12-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 4680931)
http://www.mrisports.com/images/Helm...iganHelmet.JPG

My guess... the best QB value in this draft... wore a helmet like this...

Flacco?

Mecca 04-12-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 4680929)
That kind of logic is reeruned. If you don't have good position coaches, we will endlessly suck, because you can't draft ready-made players in every round.

We might as well just give up.

Moreover, this stance directly contradicts your own belief in drafting BPA, because you are drafting a less worthy prospect based on a perceived future need or a lack of available prospects the next year (which is largely unknowable).

This is how you end up with Jr. Siavii.

I was just telling him that because he said he didn't know about next year.....Ryan to me is was and should be a top 5 pick.

You trust the Chiefs to develop a QB that needs mechanical and footwork changes and isn't very refined? I don't.......

Deberg_1990 04-12-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 4680845)
Yeah, that was merely a comparison of how I felt about him. My "feeling" method isn't nearly 100%. But coming out of college, I just had a definite "meh" feeling about him.

Rivers and Roethlisberger are two good recent examples of guys who were drafted high, turned out to be very good QB's, yet arnt exactly "dynamic, game changing, elite" QB's.

I guess the Chiefs better wait another 20-30 years before a John Elway or Peyton Manning comes along again....LOL

nychief 04-12-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 4680899)
I would too, if he was there in the late first round. But a #5 pick is a franchise cornerstone, and that is not what Matt Ryan will ever be.

are you saying Hasselbeck is not a franchise QB?

OnTheWarpath15 04-12-2008 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 4681019)

Do you think that Hasselbeck's production is worth the 5th overall pick?

I don't.

10 years in the league and not a single 4000 yard season - only 2 seasons over 3500.

1.5 TD's per INT.

Only two seasons of a QB rating over 90%

He's solid, but not Top 5 worthy. JMO.

nychief 04-12-2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 4681025)
Do you think that Hasselbeck's production is worth the 5th overall pick?

I don't.

10 years in the league and not a single 4000 yard season - only 2 seasons over 3500.

1.5 TD's per INT.

Only two seasons of a QB rating over 90%

He's solid, but not Top 5 worthy. JMO.

i disagree... super bowl appearance, solid, pro bowls... that is a top 5 pick. You can't expect a Hall of Famer with a top 5 pick, you expect an impact player. Hasselbeck is an impact player, if not flashy. JMO

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-12-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 4681019)

Absolutely.

OnTheWarpath15 04-12-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 4681028)
i disagree... super bowl appearance, solid, pro bowls... that is a top 5 pick. You can't expect a Hall of Famer with a top 5 pick, you expect an impact player. Hasselbeck is an impact player, if not flashy. JMO

I expect more from a Top 5 pick, and the organization should as well.

Carson Palmer ALREADY has more:

3500+ yard seasons (3, including two 4000+)

Seasons of 90%+ QB rating (2)

25+ TD seasons (3)

Than Hasselbeck, all in 4 years to Hasselbeck's TEN.

THAT is a Top 5 QB. Not above average.

AustinChief 04-12-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 4680945)
Flacco?

I think either Flacco or Henne will end up being pretty damn good... I'm not sold on which one yet.. probably Flacco.

ChiefsCountry 04-12-2008 04:11 PM

Matt Ryan is Brodie Croyle with a bigger frame. Those two are identical in about everything, its just the freaking year they are drafted that makes the difference.

the Talking Can 04-12-2008 04:14 PM

i feel the same about QB and DT..we need top talent, not more mid-round maybes...

if we want a QB then draft Ryan, if we want a DT than draft Ellis/Dorsey....

otherwise don't waste a pick on the positions....(unless it's a 5th or lower...)

penguinz 04-12-2008 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4680948)
Ryan to me is was and should be a top 5 pick.

Chase Daniels has better numbers in his college career.

the Talking Can 04-12-2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 4681059)

which means absolutely nothing

angelo 04-12-2008 04:22 PM

I would go Ryan if Long, Long, Dorsey and Ellis are gone in the first round.

If we were going for a back up or project.

In the middle I would consider Dennis Dixon and late I would consider Josh Johnson.

Mecca 04-12-2008 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 4681059)

That's nice, he's also a midget in a spread option offense.....college stats mean jack and shit.

Also Ryan and Croyle are not remotely the same as prospects, for starters I think Matt Ryan can be breathed on and not get injured.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-12-2008 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 4681046)
I think either Flacco or Henne will end up being pretty damn good... I'm not sold on which one yet.. probably Flacco.

Flacco is a homeless man's Drew Bledsoe at best.

nychief 04-12-2008 04:31 PM

Hasselbeck was in and, without the refs idiocy, would have a super bowl ring. Look, I agree we should have high expectations but lets be realistic... If we drafted Matt Ryan and he had Matt Hasselbeckesque career, how could you be disappointed? BUt lets put away the time machine for now...

nychief 04-12-2008 04:32 PM

one other thing... Carson Palmer was the #1 pick... I think you're projecting number one overall expectations on every player in the top 5.

Mecca 04-12-2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 4681081)
one other thing... Carson Palmer was the #1 pick... I think you're projecting number one overall expectations on every player in the top 5.

Seems people think that unless you are getting a HOF QB you shouldn't be using a top 5 pick on one, it's rather unrealistic in all honesty...

Mosbonian 04-12-2008 04:39 PM

Other than Mecca whom I have had this argument with already....

Any of you who have suggested that we take Brohm in the second or Woodson in Round 3, I would like to hear what you think their upside is, and what they have over Brody Croyle?

mmaddog

Mecca 04-12-2008 04:43 PM

I'd like to know what Croyle has, he reminds me of the long line of guys with big arms who sucked as QB's, it doesn't help that he can't stay on the field to save his life...

Really strong arm, injury prone, other than that what's he got?

Frankie 04-12-2008 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 4680894)
I like Brodie better than any of the quarterbacks in this year's draft.

Me too.

Frankie 04-12-2008 05:05 PM

Quote:

How did this class look last year this time? Brohm and then nothing. Things change in a year.

Quote:

Are the Chiefs the team who can coach all those interceptions out of him?

Frankie 04-12-2008 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 4680929)

Good catch.

eazyb81 04-12-2008 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 4681028)

Believe me, you're not going to get through to these guys. HOF or bust for the #5 pick. Just absurdly unrealistic, but what can you do.

Frankie 04-12-2008 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 4681046)

Flacco was never his team's captain. What does that say about his leadership? It tells me he might be another Grbac.

ChiefsCountry 04-12-2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4681096)
I'd like to know what Croyle has, he reminds me of the long line of guys with big arms who sucked as QB's, it doesn't help that he can't stay on the field to save his life...

Really strong arm, injury prone, other than that what's he got?

What does Ryan got other than an NFL body?

eazyb81 04-12-2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 4681048)
Matt Ryan is Brodie Croyle with a bigger frame. Those two are identical in about everything, its just the freaking year they are drafted that makes the difference.

Honestly, why the hell does the pro-Croyle crowd keeping saying this? !

The ONLY thing Croyle has on Ryan is pure arm strength, and he doesn't beat him by much. That's it. Period. Every single NFL analyst and expert would say Ryan beats Croyle in every other category. That is why Matt Ryan in a unanimous top five overall prospect and the #1 QB in this draft, while Brodie Croyle was a middle-round nobody in 2006 and no one holds him in high regard except the sheep on this board.

Seriously, some of you act like Brodie Croyle is your son or something; open your eyes, stop being biased, and realize that Croyle is a NFL backup at best.

Mecca 04-12-2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 4681117)
How did this class look last year this time? Brohm and then nothing. Things change in a year.

Are the Chiefs the team who can coach all those interceptions out of him?

You missed out on that whole Matt Ryan would have gone in the 1st last year when he was deciding if he was coming out or not last year eh?

And he threw picks because he put the ball up a ton of times to crappy receivers that team wouldn't have won a game without him....

People can say what they want about him but to me a guy who played in his situation is ready. Pro style offense, good size, was given freedom at the line to change plays, knows how to read defenses. Played for a coach that was an NFL coach, had to consistently put the ball in windows and rarely threw to wide open guys which prepares him much more for what he'll see in the NFL, guys rarely run free in the NFL.

I'm gonna do this one more time, since some people like to bring up stats.....

These are Brodie Croyle college stats...

2005 339 202 59.6 2,499 14 4 132.8
2004 66 44 66.7 534 6 0 164.6
2003 341 182 53.4 2,303 16 13 118.0
2002 123 60 48.8 1,046 5 5 125.5
Career 869 488 56.2 6,382 41 22 128.4

Matt Ryan is here...

2007 654 388 59.3 4,507 31 19 127.0
2006 426 262 61.5 2,939 15 10 126.4
2005 195 121 62.1 1,514 8 5 135.7
2004 71 35 49.3 350 2 3 91.5
Career 1346 806 59.9 9,310 56 37 126.2

If you don't like Ryan that's fine but give me good logical reasons not things like 'OMG Croyle is as good a prospect as him" because if you said that to NFL teams or any draft people they'd laugh you out of the room.

And stop comparing him to big armed QB's that flamed out, Croyle resembles them more than Ryan does...

ChiefsCountry 04-12-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 4681135)

The ONLY thing Croyle has on Ryan is pure arm strength, and he doesn't beat him by much. That's it. Period. Every single NFL analyst and expert would say Ryan beats Croyle in every other category. That is why Matt Ryan in a unanimous top five overall prospect and the #1 QB in this draft, while Brodie Croyle was a middle-round nobody in 2006 and no one holds him in high regard except the sheep on this board.

Seriously, some of you act like Brodie Croyle is your son or something; open your eyes, stop being biased, and realize that Croyle is a NFL backup at best.

I wanted to draft Croyle out of college. He has what it takes to be a starting quarterback in the league. Personally I think Ryan is overrated. He lead Boston College to 10 wins the most piss ant BCS conference, Brodie did it in the SEC and his only losts were to LSU and Auburn, arguabley 2 of the top 5 most talented college teams in the nation. They both had nearly identical compeltion percentage which is a better stat than yards and completions. Brodie had a better touchdown to interception ratio as well. Another thing is Ryan a better prospect than Vince Young, Matt Leinart, or Jay Cutler. Hell no. He would have been taken 4th behind them. Heck he is not even in the same class as Jamarcus Russell or Brady Quinn.

I will bet anybody that Croyle will have a better career than Ryan.

Ebolapox 04-12-2008 05:24 PM

dennis dixon. I'd be a fan of him being a fifth or sixth round pick. he was the best QB in the ncaa for a long while last year.

Mecca 04-12-2008 05:26 PM

Ryan completed about as many passes as Croyle threw with no supporting cast.....people like Croyle cause he's a QB the Chiefs drafted nothing more. He is still the same thing he has always been a big armed guy that will never stay on the field...

I don't care if you love Croyle with everything in your being, if you really believe that man will ever play 16 games in a season or is remotely as good a prospect as Ryan you're so far out there.

Then you are valuing him for the same shit that people rip the Raiders for, his pure arm and nothing else. Because Ryan is better at EVERYTHING else. I'll take the guy who does everything without the huge arm, most of the best QB's right now don't have giant arms.

ChiefsCountry 04-12-2008 05:30 PM

I could give rat's ass about his big arm. Croyle has what it takes IMO to be a winning NFL quarterback, is he a hall of fame type. No. But a Trent Green/Matt Hasselback type career. Yes.

And unless you are Brett Favre or Peyton Manning, I doubt you wil see that many quarterbacks last season after season every game.

Frankie 04-12-2008 05:30 PM

Quote:

"The sheep on this board" are not saying Croyle is a sure thing. We are just saying "WE DON'T YET KNOW WHAT WE HAVE IN CROYLE." And we have not seen him under any circumstance that's even near reasonable. We may or may not have a QBOTF. But there are positions we know we don't have anything. Seriously, I don't know why "the pigs on this board" can't comprehend that.

suds79 04-12-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 4681048)

That statement is just so ridiculous, it tells me you're just a Matt Ryan hater.

And that's fine. You don't have to be a fan of his but you can't make a statement like that and expect not to get flammed. Say you don't like the picks he threw or something. But don't say he's equal to Brodie Croyle except for size.

You're saying a guy who was drafted in the 3rd round is identical to a guy coming out in the draft who will go in the top 8 selections at worse.

Basically every scout, Coach & GM in the NFL disagrees with your assessment.

Mosbonian 04-12-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

The more I read about Ryan the more I am having concerns. Everyone seems to be drooling over him, but isn't that normally the "kiss of death".

And unlike the "experts", I think Brohm is being hyped too much lately. And I am pretty confident the team that takes Woodson with the thought of making him a QB will be wasting their pick.

mmaddog

Mecca 04-12-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 4681157)
I could give rat's ass about his big arm. Croyle has what it takes IMO to be a winning NFL quarterback, is he a hall of fame type. No. But a Trent Green/Matt Hasselback type career. Yes.

And unless you are Brett Favre or Peyton Manning, I doubt you wil see that many quarterbacks last season after season every game.

Brodie Croyle played what 6 games and got injured twice......that guy has an injury history and it is never going away, some guys have it.

If there is one position on the field that it is very much a key factor for a guy to be on the field every week it's that one. You can't have a starting QB that misses 6 games every year or more.

I don't see it with him, I see a guy people like cause he's a nice kid and they want him to succeed but I still see a guy who's body will never allow him to be a starting player, he's not durable at all.

To me his future is as a nice backup....he'll never be able to be relied upon to go out there every week and if he is it's foolish.

Mecca 04-12-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 4681159)
That statement is just so ridiculous, it tells me you're just a Matt Ryan hater.

And that's fine. You don't have to be a fan of his but you can't make a statement like that and expect not to get flammed. Say you don't like the picks he threw or something. But don't say he's equal to Brodie Croyle except for size.

You're saying a guy who was drafted in the 3rd round is identical to a guy coming out in the draft who will go in the top 8 selections at worse.

Basically every scout, Coach & GM in the NFL disagrees with your assessment.

Like I said, saying that would get you laughed out of a room, this is the only place on the net where you can make a comment about Croyle and Ryan being comparable and not be shunned.

ChiefsCountry 04-12-2008 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4681164)
Brodie Croyle played what 6 games and got injured twice......that guy has an injury history and it is never going away, some guys have it.

If there is one position on the field that it is very much a key factor for a guy to be on the field every week it's that one. You can't have a starting QB that misses 6 games every year or more.

I don't see it with him, I see a guy people like cause he's a nice kid and they want him to succeed but I still see a guy who's body will never allow him to be a starting player, he's not durable at all.

To me his future is as a nice backup....he'll never be able to be relied upon to go out there every week and if he is it's foolish.

I guess he will agree to disagree, wont be the first time and sure as hell wont be the last.