ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Stop Eating Sugar (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257995)

KCrockaholic 04-01-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8510429)
Sounds too good to be true, huh?

Workout plan is minimal. Pushups/Situps mostly.

Congrats though, and keep at it.

niblet 04-01-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8510433)
Yeah but going through life fat and stupid is no way to live.

I mean, I was once so ashamed of my body I didn't even consider the prospect of having any kind of sex life. Think about that for a second.

Fair point, but I do think obesity is a different issue entirely from sugar hysteria.

morphius 04-01-2012 09:46 PM

So I need to quit eating red meat and now sugar. I think I'll suck it up and just die happy instead.

I'm a believer in most everything is okay in moderation, not always a follower, but a believer.

Buck 04-01-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 8510441)
So I need to quit eating red meat and now sugar. I think I'll suck it up and just die happy instead.

I'm a believer in most everything is okay in moderation, not always a follower, but a believer.

The Red Meat one is bullshit though. There is actual science behind the sugar one.

Brock 04-01-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8510437)
Not being fat or having to worry about heart disease takes so much stress away.

Yeah, skinny people don't have heart attacks.

WV 04-01-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 8510441)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8510432)
Like every other kind of food, it's fine in moderation.

Agreed....moderation is the key. I do think that along with moderation people should be more aware of what they are putting in their body and how your body reacts to it.

Buck 04-01-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8510452)

Yeah, you see where I said "or having to worry about heart disease..."?

Do you see that part?

Do you Brock?

Hammock Parties 04-01-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8510452)

Skinny people who have heart attacks largely have them based on genetic factors.

RealSNR 04-01-2012 09:50 PM

FIELD MARSHALL MONTGOMERY: "I neither drink nor smoke and am a hundred percent fit."

WINSTON CHURCHILL: "I drink and smoke and I am two hundred percent fit."

Buck 04-01-2012 09:50 PM

Also stop smoking cigarettes and stop drinking so much god damn alcohol.

lewdog 04-01-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Unless you are ****ed by genetics like me. I look healthier than 99% of people but have been on high BP meds since I was 21. I couldn't do anything to control it. God damn parents are health nuts too, and none of us have ever been over weight. But we all have high BP.

Brock 04-01-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8510459)
Yeah, you see where I said "or having to worry about heart disease..."?

Do you see that part?

Do you Brock?

Implying only fat people have heart attacks. If that wasn't what you meant, learn to write better.

Baby Lee 04-01-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 8510422)
What kind of workout plan have you been on Buck?

No way you've lost nearly 50 pounds by just cutting out sugar. There's gotta be some cardio in there too.

I lost 75 lbs without jogging a block, lifting a weight or anything else, sitting in front of a computer monitor, studying and going to classes. Just, every time I'd get hungry I'd get some more ice water to fill my belly.

Weirdly, though, once I got to 195, I can't lose anything more, despite a prolonged sinus/viral thing where I consumed little more than water for weeks on end. Seriously I'd eat 10-12 peanut butter pretzels, or a couple sausage links, ambitious days I'd have a single meal of spaghetti and meatballs [I was so tired breathing through the mucus in my esophagus that cooking food was more tiring than I was hungry]. And I'd dip to MAYBE 193.

Buck 04-01-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8510464)
Unless you are ****ed by genetics like me. I look healthier than 99% of people but have been on high BP meds since I was 21. I couldn't do anything to control it. God damn parents are health nuts too, and none of us have ever been over weight. But we all have high BP.

Start logging your food and send it to me after a week.

I'm betting it's sugar. My extremely high BP has lowered into the normal range since I cut sugar. Coincidence?

listopencil 04-01-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

You don't actually have to worry about anything, really.