ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Stop Eating Sugar (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257995)

Omaha 06-05-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9730336)
do you avoid dairy, Omaha?

Yes. I was eating strict paleo for about 3 months and it fixed a lot of things for me. One of which was mild acne that I had for years. It totally went away. Now if I have a big bowl of ice cream, I break out like a 16 yr old. I'm now about 80% paleo, but the only dairy I have is the occasional slice of cheese. No acne issues at all. It took me a little while to learn that dairy was the culprit so I thought it might help Buck.

Not to derail this discussion, but I also noticed a HUGE improvement with my seasonal allergies. I went from taking prescription meds for it and being a mess to not taking anything and being fine. My youngest son had allergies so bad that he had to have breathing treatments sometimes after playing outside. We took him off dairy & he barely has any issues today.

In all of the years that we struggled with this crap why didn't a single doctor suggest that we stop with the dairy????? Greedy bastards!

Simply Red 06-05-2013 09:59 AM

I love cheese - I buy really good cheese fairly often. I'm fine avoiding the rest of it - I think dairy is somewhat of a silent killer.

Omaha 06-05-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9730399)
I still have a glass of 1% milk a day, plus milk on my cereal (high fiber/low sugar). And cheese. All in moderation.

A friend of mine avoids all dairy because she says it makes you fat. I've lost 40 lbs., she hasn't lost any.

I also lost 13 lbs in 3 weeks when I started paleo. I got absolutely shredded. That said, dairy doesn't make you fat. Taking in more calories than you're putting out makes you fat.

Simply Red 06-05-2013 10:35 AM

do you all hate dairy?

Simply Red 06-05-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9730497)
Yes. I was eating strict paleo for about 3 months and it fixed a lot of things for me. One of which was mild acne that I had for years. It totally went away. Now if I have a big bowl of ice cream, I break out like a 16 yr old. I'm now about 80% paleo, but the only dairy I have is the occasional slice of cheese. No acne issues at all. It took me a little while to learn that dairy was the culprit so I thought it might help Buck.

Not to derail this discussion, but I also noticed a HUGE improvement with my seasonal allergies. I went from taking prescription meds for it and being a mess to not taking anything and being fine. My youngest son had allergies so bad that he had to have breathing treatments sometimes after playing outside. We took him off dairy & he barely has any issues today.

In all of the years that we struggled with this crap why didn't a single doctor suggest that we stop with the dairy????? Greedy bastards!

thanks for the info.

Frosty 06-05-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

I don't eat cheese because it stuffs my nose up so bad I can barely breathe (plus I then snore enough to chase my wife to a different room). I eat a lot of non-fat Greek yogurt though and it doesn't seem to bother me. Neither did half and half or milk when I drank those. I think it has something to do with aged dairy more than dairy itself.

Thig Lyfe 06-05-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 8512338)
I've eaten nothing but Pixie sticks for 20 years and I feel perfectly fine!

UPDATE: I'm dying.

jiveturkey 06-05-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

I've been paleo'ish for over a year now and and I pound the dairy but recently found out that I have whey protein issue. Luckily this keeps butter and cheese in the picture.

I also have an egg yolk issue and when combined with whey causes eczema. My doc wanted to treat it with surface creams while admitting that it was likely a dietary issue. It went away pretty quickly.

Luckily I found a goose egg contact at the farmers market.

The paleo approach has been a huge success for me. My favorite part was seeing the look on docs face when we reviewed my recent blood test and I told him I was doing the opposite of what he's told me. Whole grains and veg/seed oils can lick my butt! Bring on the lard and coconut oil!

Omaha 06-05-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 9730906)
I've been paleo'ish for over a year now and and I pound the dairy but recently found out that I have whey protein issue. Luckily this keeps butter and cheese in the picture.

I also have an egg yolk issue and when combined with whey causes eczema. My doc wanted to treat it with surface creams while admitting that it was likely a dietary issue. It went away pretty quickly.

Luckily I found a goose egg contact at the farmers market.

The paleo approach has been a huge success for me. My favorite part was seeing the look on docs face when we reviewed my recent blood test and I told him I was doing the opposite of what he's told me. Whole grains and veg/seed oils can lick my butt! Bring on the lard and coconut oil!

That's awesome. You should tell him you'd like your money back for his shitty advice.

Silock 06-05-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9730387)
how about that for a question to everyone - How do you all handle dairy - are you all ok with it? Do you avoid it? moderation??? what's advised here?

If it fits your calorie goals, there's no problem.

Silock 06-05-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9730498)
I think dairy is somewhat of a silent killer.

Based upon what evidence?

Thig Lyfe 06-05-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9731290)
Based upon what evidence?

Nippleprints.

Hammock Parties 06-05-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 9730906)
My favorite part was seeing the look on docs face when we reviewed my recent blood test and I told him I was doing the opposite of what he's told me.

Amazing how many dumbass doctors there are in the world.

listopencil 06-05-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9730325)
Don't drink your own urine, dummy. That would be gross.

How do you feel about lemur urine then?

Omaha 06-05-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9731491)
How do you feel about lemur urine then?

Drink up. Duh!