ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Insider: Scott Pioli wanted Peyton Manning (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264482)

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2012 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8965998)
Money talks and bullshit... well. There is no convincing me that Manning would not have come to KC had the FO untied the purse strings and had a sit down with him to ask what it would take to slap an arrowhead on the side of his helmet.

And I think Manning is smart enough to know that Pioli was a dead man walking, let alone familiar with his numerous gaffes as GM in KC.

Word ****ing gets around. Quickly.

Papi 10-01-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wobet selur (Post 8966037)
I just saw Tony Romo and the Cowboys have broken off contract negotiations. What would you guys think of him? He is a really legitimate QB with Pro bowls and is still in his prime.

Not sure if serious? Romo sucks. What's his playoff record again? Romo is to Dallas what Cassel is to KC.

NJChiefsFan 10-01-2012 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8965931)
Revisionist history

Indeed.

BigMeatballDave 10-01-2012 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papi (Post 8966042)
Not sure if serious? Romo sucks. What's his playoff record again? Romo is to Dallas what Cassel is to KC.

Not even close.

I'll give you he hasn't seen has much success in the post-season, but he's 10x the QB Cassel is.

Career 96 QB rating.

BigMeatballDave 10-01-2012 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8966040)
And I think Manning is smart enough to know that Pioli was a dead man walking, let alone familiar with his numerous gaffes as GM in KC.

Word ****ing gets around. Quickly.

Very likely that Pioli is the reason Manning wanted nothing to do with the Chiefs.

NJChiefsFan 10-01-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8966052)
Not even close.

I'll give you he hasn't seen has much success in the post-season, but he's 10x the QB Cassel is.

Career 96 QB rating.

Talent-wise its not even close. Romo just needs to be a little more clutch. His whole team has been jinxed lately in big games and it wasn't always his fault. I doubt Dallas lets him go.

Fritz88 10-01-2012 02:32 AM

It is amazing how such a report surfaces after the game. I wouldnt surprised if Pioli is the one sending these messages to calm fans.
Posted via Mobile Device

NJChiefsFan 10-01-2012 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 8966057)
It is amazing how such a report surfaces after the game. I wouldnt surprised if Pioli is the one sending these messages to calm fans.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think its the most likely scenario. As much as he loved Matt, he will certainly throw him under the bus to save his own job if he has to. It's the only thing more important than being right about Cassel.

mdchiefsfan 10-01-2012 03:18 AM

This statement in the OP is the only reason Pioli "went after Manning as hard as he did." So he could say, "See!? I tried to fix it. I knew this was going to happen. Give me another year."

**** OFF!

PhillyChiefFan 10-01-2012 05:29 AM

Matt Cassel has been selected as a starter twice in his long and illustrious career:

1. Chatsworth High School
2. The Kansas City Chiefs

I think that speaks volumes about him and Pioli's ability to evaluate a player.

qabbaan 10-01-2012 05:57 AM

There has never been any indication from any credible source that the Chiefs were ever in on Manning. The closest report I ever read was that the Chiefs had inquired but Manning declined to consider them, or that the Chiefs heard his contract demands and said no thanks.

Manning falls into a category where 2/3 of the league should have called a least to find out where the bidding was going to start. This in no way indicates that the chuckleheads at Arrowhead have seen the light on Cassel.

There's no way Quinn can be so bad they wont dream of playing him no matter how bad Cassel gets, and still be the #2. And if he is, how stupid are you for signing him?

jspchief 10-01-2012 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8965985)
The Chiefs absolutely made it clear they wanted Manning. He just didn't want them, at all.

Saying you want him and trying "hard" to get him are not the same thing.

I want to be a brain surgeon. Doesn't mean I'm trying hard to become one.

siberian khatru 10-01-2012 06:07 AM

"Honest, Clark, Romeo is undermining everything we've been working toward here. I don't know what happened with him. Let me pick another coach and I swear I'll get this one right."

J Diddy 10-01-2012 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8966098)
Saying you want him and trying "hard" to get him are not the same thing.

I want to be a brain surgeon. Doesn't mean I'm trying hard to become one.

To try hard as in their definition is to call the newspaper and tell them. If you do that, you will surely become a brain surgeon.

J Diddy 10-01-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8966006)
I'm sure it was more than money. Manning not giving KC the time of day speaks volumes to the state of the organization.

I think that you're bringing too much into it. I mean the guy only looked at 3 teams.