ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Insider: Scott Pioli wanted Peyton Manning (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264482)

WhiteWhale 10-01-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papi (Post 8966042)
Not sure if serious? Romo sucks. What's his playoff record again? Romo is to Dallas what Cassel is to KC.

Romo's playoff record isn't much different than Phillip Rivers. He's very comparable to Rivers.

Cassel isn't 1/10th the QB of Romo.

jspchief 10-01-2012 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8966116)
Romo's playoff record isn't much different than Phillip Rivers. He's very comparable to Rivers.

Cassel isn't 1/10th the QB of Romo.

Romo is exponentially better than Cassel. Anyone claiming they are similar is ignorant.

That being said, bringing in Tony Romo is a textbook Chiefs QB move. We've been pulling this shit for almost 40 years. Outside of a short Montana era and Trent Green (playing behind a historic Oline), it has been an absolute failure of an approach to filling the position. Yes, Romo would make the team better. Yes, he might make us a playoff team. But ultimately it's the same play it safe, don't risk too much approach to filling the most important spot on the roster. It's the Martyball of team-building.

Deberg_1990 10-01-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8965928)
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--we...rting-job.html

More Chiefs stuff at the link (ran out of characters on PS3)

Well ive been saying for awhile that since its been well known that Pioli wanted Manning, hes not 100% sold on Cassel.

What ill never understand is that when he couldnt get Manning, why didnt he look for other options and opportunites to upgrade from Cassel?

In58men 10-01-2012 07:08 AM

Romeo Crennel is a ****ing moron. Why is our coaching staff so blind? It's ****ing comedy that they still stick with this shit bag.

chiefzilla1501 10-01-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 8966136)
Romeo Crennel is a ****ing moron. Why is our coaching staff so blind? It's ****ing comedy that they still stick with this shit bag.

Not a big fan of Romeo. But I think it's pretty clear this is not his decision to make. Which is unbelievable, that a gm would interject like this. There is a mountain of hints that this is the case.

BoneKrusher 10-01-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

it's like the QB situation they've stuck with this POS for four years.

WhiteWhale 10-01-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8966131)
Romo is exponentially better than Cassel. Anyone claiming they are similar is ignorant.

That being said, bringing in Tony Romo is a textbook Chiefs QB move. We've been pulling this shit for almost 40 years. Outside of a short Montana era and Trent Green (playing behind a historic Oline), it has been an absolute failure of an approach to filling the position. Yes, Romo would make the team better. Yes, he might make us a playoff team. But ultimately it's the same play it safe, don't risk too much approach to filling the most important spot on the roster. It's the Martyball of team-building.

I don't want to bring in Romo at all. I can't stand that guy.

I just know he's way better than Matt Cassel.

suds79 10-01-2012 07:29 AM

"Look, there's a big reason why they went after Peyton Manning as hard as they did this offseason," said a source with knowledge of Chiefs president Scott Pioli's thinking. "What you're seeing from Cassel is pretty much what was expected. He's a really nice backup, not a starter."

And that source is???? Scott Pioli. Spinning this story to save his job and putting out leaks such as this.

Chiefspants 10-01-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8966133)
Well ive been saying for awhile that since its been well known that Pioli wanted Manning, hes not 100% sold on Cassel.

What ill never understand is that when he couldnt get Manning, why didnt he look for other options and opportunites to upgrade from Cassel?

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/woorton.gif

jspchief 10-01-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8966181)
"Look, there's a big reason why they went after Peyton Manning as hard as they did this offseason," said a source with knowledge of Chiefs president Scott Pioli's thinking. "What you're seeing from Cassel is pretty much what was expected. He's a really nice backup, not a starter."

And that source is???? Scott Pioli. Spinning this story to save his job and putting out leaks such as this.

The return of Rufus Dawes

the Talking Can 10-01-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

"What you're seeing from Cassel is pretty much what was expected. He's a really nice backup, not a starter."
pioli leaks this...after 4 years of propping up that failure

jesus he deserves to be murdered

suds79 10-01-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8966133)

I think Scott wanted Mannning because he's an all time great. Makes sense.

But then when it didn't happen I think Scott thought that "Well, we'll stick with Matt because he can be a top 15 QB in the league." aka - Good enough.

And that's where he was drastically wrong.

stonedstooge 10-01-2012 07:34 AM

No one's buying your shit anymore Fat Scott. I hope the media exposes you for the douchebag Hitler wannabe you truely are

notorious 10-01-2012 07:37 AM

Bull Shit

On a side note, you can't expect to catch bees with with a bucket of piss. I believe that is exactly how Peyton saw the Chief's organization.

htismaqe 10-01-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

If you think this is coming from Romeo, I have a bridge to sell you too.

This is ALL on Pioli. Romeo is just doing what he was told to do.