ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dane I'm calling you out. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271677)

patteeu 04-02-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9549338)
We're not even having this discussion if all he did was insert 4 periods into ****.

We're having this discussion because Dane is a lightning rod for controversy. He got banned because he broke the filter evasion rule.

Titty Meat 04-02-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9549349)
We're having this discussion because Dane is a lightning rod for controversy. He got banned because he broke the filter evasion rule.

Would you compare Dane to Palin?

patteeu 04-02-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9549355)
Would you compare Dane to Palin?

LMAO

dirk digler 04-02-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9549259)
I get what Dane's saying but doesn't there come a point where you realize how often you get involved in these bullshit disputes? It's like the guy at the bar that's always getting thrown out, or in a fight. There's always a reason - someone said something to his girl, someone bumped into him, someone spilled a drink on him, etc.
Eventually you just have to say, "Well, it seems to always happen to you. Why is that?"
Or maybe Dane just likes that kind of conversation.

I don't know. I don't doubt that Dane's buttons were pushed, but Dane puts himself in a place to have them pushed in my opinion.

I agree. It always seems he ends up in the same situation. Of course what he said to BossChief was pretty shitty and he should apologize even though it seems like at least according to Dane BC is stalking him a little bit.

Cannibal 04-02-2013 11:21 AM

Clay is a natural entertainer!

cosmo20002 04-02-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9549345)
I've talked with Dane... and I'm not going into details... but he has some crazy shit going on in his life right now. Not saying that's an excuse. Just sayin'...

:facepalm:

Why even post this? Drama queen.

GloryDayz 04-02-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9548803)
I'm sorry?

What is the difference between i.e. and e.g., is what I was/am asking.

Thanks again.

i.e. = "id est" (Latin) meaning "that is" (think "in other words")

e.g. = "exempli gratia" (Latin) meaning "for example"

Mr. Flopnuts 04-02-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9549332)
and thank you.

Thanks for understanding my position.

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9549333)
I knew it!

I'd do the same thing for you, I just don't see you crossing a line and getting banned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9549349)

We do have a long time rule here about taking advantage of people's personal lives that they were courageous enough to share. However, it's debatable that it was somewhat of a two way street. I'm not passing that judgment, and frankly, it's not a huge concern to me. Bosschief didn't ask for punishment regarding it, so it was a non issue. I have however brought it up with Dane because I think it's necessary that we all respect each other's personal lives.

We shouldn't have to be afraid of retribution when we feel like sharing something going on in our lives. My weight is the only exclusion, because frankly, I allow it. I don't give a shit what anyone thinks regarding it. My character here is usually enough for people to respect me on it. When I go off the deep end, most everyone knows it's for shits and giggles and I mean no harm.

hometeam 04-02-2013 11:23 AM

Everyone has crazy shit going on. Most of us don't sit around on a computer being super huge dicks ALL DAY LONG.

crazycoffey 04-02-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9548698)
Really?

He only made one of the most insulting remarks to a member who, while the biggest homer in the history of CP, never really gets personal and is usually nice to everyone.

No one but simply red is nice to everyone.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-02-2013 11:27 AM

I do also believe that constantly telling someone to "Get help" and "You've gone off the deep end" after Dane shared what he did is somewhat a personal attack. Especially since it only started after the thread Dane posted about something very tragic that was going on in his life.

King_Chief_Fan 04-02-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9549310)
Yep. It does, which is why we don't allow it. Dane however is a long time member of this place. Longer than most. Long time members rarely receive bans, and let's face it, Dane has a fan base here. Love him or hate him, he's an icon. I'll make an exception for an icon one time, any time. That's all that will be posted from him. He's gone for a week. I'd do the same for Clay, Hootie, or anyone else that I think has icon status here. But no one else. Unfair? Maybe. But I made the decision alone. So it's on me. We spent all day yesterday talking about what we should do. Because he is such a long time member. After 13 years, you've earned it.

particularly since he has been here longer than you.

Wonder what I can get by with....been here since 2000:hmmm:

dirk digler 04-02-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9549399)
I do also believe that constantly telling someone to "Get help" and "You've gone off the deep end" after Dane shared what he did is somewhat a personal attack. Especially since it only started after the thread Dane posted about something very tragic that was going on in his life.

True. Very passive aggressive

frankotank 04-02-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9549310)
Yep. It does, which is why we don't allow it. Dane however is a long time member of this place. Longer than most. Long time members rarely receive bans, and let's face it, Dane has a fan base here. Love him or hate him, he's an icon. I'll make an exception for an icon one time, any time. That's all that will be posted from him. He's gone for a week. I'd do the same for Clay, Hootie, or anyone else that I think has icon status here. But no one else. Unfair? Maybe. But I made the decision alone. So it's on me. We spent all day yesterday talking about what we should do. Because he is such a long time member. After 13 years, you've earned it.

but what about me?

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6456987904/hF40B038D/

Hammock Parties 04-02-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

I do also believe that constantly telling someone to "Get help" and "You've gone off the deep end" after Dane shared what he did is somewhat a personal attack.

Flimsy, but whatever. BossChief would apologize for it in an instant.

Dane is unapologetic and that's the sad thing.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-02-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9549402)

You don't have a shit ton of posts, but I would respect the time you've been here, and the fact that you've never been on my radar for anything.

patteeu 04-02-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9549371)
I agree. It always seems he ends up in the same situation. Of course what he said to BossChief was pretty shitty and he should apologize even though it seems like at least according to Dane BC is stalking him a little bit.

A lot of people say a lot of pretty shitty things here. I'm not saying Dane shouldn't apologize, but I am saying that he doesn't owe an apology more than lots of other people around here owe them. To BossChief's credit, he didn't let it bother him because he knew it was a hollow sentiment intended merely to get his goat, which is the way you have to operate around here.

crazycoffey 04-02-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9549338)
We're not even having this discussion if all he did was insert 4 periods into ****.

You're the one having the discussion.

SAUTO 04-02-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9549169)
What does being a father have to do with it?

well it pretty easy for someone to accuse you of something when you have a little child and totally **** up your life when you havent done anything wrong.

a father is alone with his children quite often. a man without kids normally probably wouldnt be near as much

ChiefsCountry 04-02-2013 11:34 AM

Remember there is always two sides to a story.

Sfeihc 04-02-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9549386)
No one but simply red is nice to everyone.

That's funny. Now get yo' rear end in the CP Mock and make a pick.:)

Cannibal 04-02-2013 11:35 AM

Wish I had gotten to see what Dane did to him.

patteeu 04-02-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9549382)
Thanks for understanding my position.

I'd do the same thing for you, I just don't see you crossing a line and getting banned.

I try pretty hard not to cross the clear lines. Some of the lines have grown increasingly blurry though. For example:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9549382)
We do have a long time rule here about taking advantage of people's personal lives that they were courageous enough to share. However, it's debatable that it was somewhat of a two way street. I'm not passing that judgment, and frankly, it's not a huge concern to me. Bosschief didn't ask for punishment regarding it, so it was a non issue. I have however brought it up with Dane because I think it's necessary that we all respect each other's personal lives.

We shouldn't have to be afraid of retribution when we feel like sharing something going on in our lives. My weight is the only exclusion, because frankly, I allow it. I don't give a shit what anyone thinks regarding it. My character here is usually enough for people to respect me on it. When I go off the deep end, most everyone knows it's for shits and giggles and I mean no harm.

That's not really a rule. It's more of a mod empowerment clause that gives mods the power to treat some people differently than others according to their whim. I don't like those, as I've mentioned a time or two in the past. :)

crazycoffey 04-02-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9549407)
True. Very passive aggressive

And that was the point. Many posters do it. It's baiting the fight so one can sit back and say that other poster said something meaner or more inappropriate than I did.

patteeu 04-02-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9549429)
well it pretty easy for someone to accuse you of something when you have a little child and totally **** up your life when you havent done anything wrong.

a father is alone with his children quite often. a man without kids normally probably wouldnt be near as much

No, it's not that easy. No one is going to **** up your life over what some stranger on an internet message board said about you. You should post about it in Hamas' "Irrational Fears" thread.

King_Chief_Fan 04-02-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9549441)
And that was the point. Many posters do it. It's baiting the fight so one can sit back and say that other poster said something meaner or more inappropriate than I did.

yup....I remember the days between you and memememe

patteeu 04-02-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9549402)

You're hosed buddy. It's the Jesus avatar. They're going to nail you to the cross, so to speak, for the slightest of missteps.

King_Chief_Fan 04-02-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9549419)
You don't have a shit ton of posts, but I would respect the time you've been here, and the fact that you've never been on my radar for anything.

and let's try to keep it that way;)

patteeu 04-02-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9549435)
Wish I had gotten to see what Dane did to him.

It's posted earlier in this thread. Search the thread for "reerun".

Hammock Parties 04-02-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9549427)
You're the one having the discussion.

Welcome to my discussion. Would you like to contribute?

Cannibal 04-02-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9549457)

Thanks buddy.

crazycoffey 04-02-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9549448)
yup....I remember the days between you and memememe

Yup. She is a very big baiter. Loves to troll for responses from other posters. And when she got them, she never bypassed the filter to get banned.

salame 04-02-2013 11:47 AM

good

Saul Good 04-02-2013 11:47 AM

It's never Dane's fault.

He gives no quarter to anyone who disagrees with him in even the slightest way, but he expects to receive the benefit of the doubt when telling a single father of a child with a learning disability that he breeds reeruns? **** that guy.

Ban him...don't ban him...I don't give a shit. He's a shitty human being, and it's clear to me that he knows it.

crazycoffey 04-02-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9549459)
Welcome to my discussion. Would you like to contribute?

There is no discussion. Geno will either be good or average. Why that leads to you having a dead mom and Dane sleeping with kids is a problem, not a discussion.

Sassy Squatch 04-02-2013 11:47 AM

Hdbsjajdhfhdhwkaoskcnrbdhxjwkdbdbchxbsbwnaixidhen

patteeu 04-02-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9549417)
Flimsy, but whatever. BossChief would apologize for it in an instant.

Dane is unapologetic and that's the sad thing.

There have been numerous examples of Dane initiating apologies here. In this case, he obviously feels like he was attacked first. I think he's right because I've seen the Geno mafia in action (although I don't know that BossChief was involved initially). Equally obvious, is that Dane doesn't believe in limited retaliation. He responds to border incursions with all out nuclear counterstrikes.

This should only be news to ChiefsPlanet noobs. You don't have that excuse.

Cannibal 04-02-2013 11:52 AM

Kill Him! (metaphorically speaking of course)

Hammock Parties 04-02-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9549474)
There have been numerous examples of Dane initiating apologies here. In this case, he obviously feels like he was attacked first. I think he's right because I've seen the Geno mafia in action (although I don't know that BossChief was involved initially). Equally obvious, is that Dane doesn't believe in limited retaliation. He responds to border incursions with all out nuclear counterstrikes.

Dane wasn't attacked first. He continued to be a massive dick, and people were in disbelief about it (dunno why), and wondered why, and you get "get help."

That's not an attack. That's "whoa, simmer down dude."

It's a BS excuse from a guy who doesn't want to admit he posted something horrible, nor apologize for it.

-King- 04-02-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

How is it a personal attack? Dude obviously has some issues brewing. If your personal life is making you act like an asshole on here, then why the **** did he keep on coming here? Why the **** did he apologize and then go back to doing the same things he apologized for?

I understand he was having some very serious issues in his life, but I don't get why that means he can come on here and say the shit he said and get away with it. If you read his posts, there's no way you can not think "There's something mentally wrong with this guy". That's why so many people were saying get help.

Hammock Parties 04-02-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9549470)
There is no discussion.

Wrong as usual.

Hammock Parties 04-02-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9549467)
It's never Dane's fault.

He's also never wrong.

And he refuses to admit he was wrong here, either.

This isn't even that big of a deal to me. I don't have a personal axe to grind with Dane. I enjoy his posts and our witty repartee.

But it would suck if he ran off BossChief.

Sassy Squatch 04-02-2013 11:56 AM

Wait why are you claiming credit for Danes banning? You didn't do shit.

patteeu 04-02-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9549490)
How is it a personal attack? Dude obviously has some issues brewing. If your personal life is making you act like an asshole on here, then why the **** did he keep on coming here? Why the **** did he apologize and then go back to doing the same things he apologized for?

I understand he was having some very serious issues in his life, but I don't get why that means he can come on here and say the shit he said and get away with it. If you read his posts, there's no way you can not think "There's something mentally wrong with this guy". That's why so many people were saying get help.

For the record, my whole purpose for being here is to help the 90% of ChiefsPlanet who have mental health problems. Let me know if you start feeling better.

Dave Lane 04-02-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9549457)

Yeah thats out of line if he actually has a mentally challenged kid and it not just random puffery.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-02-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9549438)
I try pretty hard not to cross the clear lines. Some of the lines have grown increasingly blurry though. For example:

That's not really a rule. It's more of a mod empowerment clause that gives mods the power to treat some people differently than others according to their whim. I don't like those, as I've mentioned a time or two in the past. :)

We've been trying to find some consistency with that. This was one of those moments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9549451)
and let's try to keep it that way;)

Heh, I don't see you going off the deep end and losing it on someone. You state your peace, and move on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9549490)

Just because Dane does it more often than most everyone else, doesn't mean it doesn't happen all day, every day. So the Planet turns...

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-02-2013 12:03 PM

Welp, this thread has gone flaccid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts 04-02-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9549514)
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey, the ****ing Ron Jeremy rep stick is in da buildin. It never goes flaccid when I'm around.

Hammock Parties 04-02-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9549514)
Posted via Mobile Device

It's a ticking time bomb. When Dane comes back, the game is up. My ass is his mine.

I best not be evading no filters, because he'll report that shit.

Hammock Parties 04-02-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9549496)
Wait why are you claiming credit for Danes banning? You didn't do shit.

Just roll with it. It's more fun.

Sassy Squatch 04-02-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9549521)
It's a ticking time bomb. When Dane comes back, the game is up. My ass is his mine.

WTF?

Sassy Squatch 04-02-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9549523)
Just roll with it. It's more fun.

OK w/e

Swanman 04-02-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9549467)
It's never Dane's fault.

He gives no quarter to anyone who disagrees with him in even the slightest way, but he expects to receive the benefit of the doubt when telling a single father of a child with a learning disability that he breeds reeruns? **** that guy.

Ban him...don't ban him...I don't give a shit. He's a shitty human being, and it's clear to me that he knows it.

That's about where I am at. He is a prick that comes unhinged all the time.

About people saying he needs to get help and how that could hurt his feelings, I call BS to an extent. I didn't personally see any of his messages about his personal issues. Pretty much anyone that is minimally perceptive can tell from his posting behavior that he may have a chemical imbalance or two.

King_Chief_Fan 04-02-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9549474)

The Geno mafia did that to everyone. Anyone who takes a lot of stuff on this board seriously has issues to begin with.

One thing for sure, if you are going to dish it out, you better be able to deal with it.

Swanman 04-02-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

All your base are belong to me?

NJChiefsFan 04-02-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9549499)
For the record, my whole purpose for being here is to help the 90% of ChiefsPlanet who have mental health problems. Let me know if you start feeling better.

I appreciate it.

patteeu 04-02-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9549529)
The Geno mafia did that to everyone. Anyone who takes a lot of stuff on this board seriously has issues to begin with.

One thing for sure, if you are going to dish it out, you better be able to deal with it.

Yes, I agree with all of that.

King_Chief_Fan 04-02-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

yes that is right your ass will be his.....he will own you in 5 minutes

Hammock Parties 04-02-2013 12:10 PM

LMAO

He's going to plant my ass in the ground, and someone will tread on it and it will blow up, clearly.

crazycoffey 04-02-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9549491)
Wrong as usual.

yes you are.

Marcellus 04-02-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

The guy is an attention whore who is also a world class asshole that gets offended by people who do less to him than he does to others.

He makes a bigger tool of himself every time he melts down. Its pretty comical really.

If Dane of all people didn't know his "Woe is me" thread was going to backfire then he is a bigger idiot than I thought before. Some people can do that because they aren't ridiculing assholes. You reap what you sow.

When I saw that thread I was holy shit you have got to be kidding me.
Clay was even like damn thats some world class attention whoring when Dane made that thread.

Hammock Parties 04-02-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9549539)
yes that is right your ass will be his.....he will own you in 5 minutes

I always get scared when Dane threatens me because even though nothing ever happens, I just assume he has a long list of "people to **** up" and I'm way down it.

crazycoffey 04-02-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9549517)
Hey, the ****ing Ron Jeremy rep stick is in da buildin. It never goes flaccid when I'm around.

what? When did you become a porn fluffer? NTTAWWT.

King_Chief_Fan 04-02-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9549548)
I always get scared when Dane threatens me because even though nothing ever happens, I just assume he has a long list of "people to **** up" and I'm way down it.

LMAO

crazycoffey 04-02-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9549544)
When I saw that thread I was holy shit you have got to be kidding me.
Clay was even like damn thats some world class attention whoring when Dane made that thread.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, better ever try and whore for attention more than Clay. He'll make sure of it....

AustinChief 04-02-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9549100)
Dane wasn't permabanned. I am a merciful lord.

I am trying to reduce use of 7 day bans and instead start with 3 day bans then escalate from there as needed.

So...

Dane's ban has been reduced to 3 days (2 left) and YOU have been banned for 3 days for thinking there is more than one lord on this board.

Donger 04-02-2013 12:18 PM

LMAO

crazycoffey 04-02-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9549572)
Dane's ban has been reduced to 3 days (2 left) and YOU have been banned for 3 days for thinking there is more than one lord on this board.

ROFL

epic

Rasputin 04-02-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

L M F A O :)

ChiefsCountry 04-02-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

I am trying to reduce use of 7 day bans and instead start with 3 day bans then escalate from there as needed.

So...

And the bossman has spoken.

seclark 04-02-2013 12:21 PM

boom
sec

SuperChief 04-02-2013 12:21 PM

Misleading thread title. Should read: Dick swinging contest. Apply within.

Rasputin 04-02-2013 12:21 PM

Hey GoChiefs I'm calling you out. Respond to this post you have one hour or you like Dexter McCluster.

Sorter 04-02-2013 12:22 PM

ROFL

SuperChief 04-02-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9549591)
Hey GoChiefs I'm calling you out. Respond to this post you have one hour or you like Dexter McCluster.

Now THAT is funny.

doomy3 04-02-2013 12:23 PM

Wait, so telling Dane to get help or that he has gone off the deep end are personal attacks in the same way as making fun of a disabled daughter? WTF?

And FWIW, I think people have ALWAYS told Dane to get help, that he's gone off the deep end, etc. I'm not sure that has anything to do with his recent admission. You can read his posts over the past several years and realize he's a guy who might need some help. Same way you could read Smed's old posts and put together he may need to see someone.

Frazod 04-02-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

So...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cjsRky09j1.../Tombstone.jpg

Sassy Squatch 04-02-2013 12:25 PM

JFC what is Clay going to do now? He has nothing else to do.

King_Chief_Fan 04-02-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

So...

we can look forward to the thread from Dane calling out Clay.

Swanman 04-02-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 9549595)
Wait, so telling Dane to get help or that he has gone off the deep end are personal attacks in the same way as making fun of a disabled daughter? WTF?

And FWIW, I think people have ALWAYS told Dane to get help, that he's gone off the deep end, etc. I'm not sure that has anything to do with his recent admission. You can read his posts over the past several years and realize he's a guy who might need some help. Same way you could read Smed's old posts and put together he may need to see someone.

If making fun of a poster's disabled child only gets a 3 day ban, I am wondering what would necessitate a permaban. Rape/murder?