ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The play that was reviewed and the play that wasn't... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=236472)

petegz28 11-07-2010 07:20 PM

The play that was reviewed and the play that wasn't...

Oakland throws an unquestionable completion for 11 yards and a 1st down. Out of timouts and I believe with 30 secs left the spike it.

BUT WAIT!!! The booth wants to review. Enter more time for the Raiders to get their crap together during the review of a play that never should have been reviewed. It was an unquestionable catch.

Next play...

Oakland throws the ball over the middle, Flowers almost picks it off, if goes through his hands and the Raiders receiver gets his hands on it but bobbles it all the way to the ground. This time however there is not a review from the booth. Oakland is allowed to spike the ball, Janikowski comes out and ties the game.

In a game where the Refs were bound and determined to throw a flag, every other play and pull booth reviews out of their ass they were noticeably absent on that bobbled catch.

A few plays prior Washington was called for a hold that people are still looking for to extend the Oakland drive.

I will give the Ref crew credit however, they did manage to call holding against Hali all of 1 time this game.

we should have won. Bowe catches the ball and it's all over. Nonetheless we were holding them at the end of regulation and enter the Refs.

DeezNutz 11-07-2010 07:21 PM

Really? While I agree that it should have been reviewed, this goes on the players, first and foremost.

Mr. Laz 11-07-2010 07:23 PM

the refs did that to us early in the year too

siberian khatru 11-07-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7156474)
Really? While I agree that it should have been reviewed, this goes on the players, first and foremost.

Absolutely. But that was a puzzling, and critical, non-review.

Bugeater 11-07-2010 07:23 PM

Those are both legitimate gripes, but the bottom line is we had plenty of opportunities to make it to where the game wouldn't have been close enough for the officials to determine the outcome.

petegz28 11-07-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7156474)

Oh I agree. We had chances to stop them. Despite the every-down holding against Hali, the missed face mask on Charles, the phantom holding on Washington and the above non-reviewed play. We still could have and should have won this ****ing game.

Shag 11-07-2010 07:24 PM

The refs were terrible. The call on Berry on the Arenas return was total BS.

That being said, it shouldn't have mattered - the Chiefs had every opportunity to put the game away early, and blew it. The offense on this team is pathetic, led by the QB.

Rain Man 11-07-2010 07:25 PM

I don't know how Triplett is still a referee in this league. He had no control over this game at all. When Verran Tucker recovered that fumble, he had to wrestle two Raiders for an entire three rounds before Triplett would do anything about it. And the blown down and distance? Really? High school refs can get that right.

That said, our team completely choked away a sure win several times. This game had a dozen weird events that consistently blew up on us. I still don't know how Flowers missed that interception at the end of regulation.

lawrenceRaider 11-07-2010 07:25 PM

How about "fumble" called on Nick Miller that gave the Chiefs the chance for the go ahead score when the Raiders D had been stoning your offense the entire second half?

This was a piss poor officiated game, but they screwed both teams pretty badly, and tried to screw us both more times than they succeeded.

lawrenceRaider 11-07-2010 07:25 PM

How about "fumble" called on Nick Miller that gave the Chiefs the chance for the go ahead score when the Raiders D had been stoning your offense the entire second half?

This was a piss poor officiated game, but they screwed both teams pretty badly, and tried to screw us both more times than they succeeded.

RaiderJave 11-07-2010 07:28 PM

Penalties (Number-Yards) Oakland 15 - 140

Jesus, are you seriously suggesting the refs didn't call the game fair? Your kidding right?

cdcox 11-07-2010 07:29 PM

With that punt fumble, no way we can bitch about the officiating.

It was horrible, and they blew calls on both sides of the ball, but we probably benefited more than Oakland did.

WilliamTheIrish 11-07-2010 07:29 PM

Totally on the players.

1) Holding. Holding. Holding. Holding. Holding.

1a) Cassel. I'd go in depth, but why? Oh what the hell...

2) You DO NOT throw a paper airplane into the middle of the field on 3rd down late in the 1st half to Mo, when Bowe is breaking clear 4 yards behind him. The ball could get tipped, or maybe picked off, effectively killing a chance to go 13-0 as the half expires.

3) You do not vacate YOUR ****ING LANE on kickoff.

4) Weiss - I hope your f'ing gall bladder get infected you fat ****.

5) Bowe. What can you say? Just make the f'ing catch.

The refs had very little to do with how stupidly the Chiefs played today.

TheGuardian 11-07-2010 07:29 PM

The Raiders D didn't stone anything. The rain stopped and Charles and Jones started finding lanes again, just like McFadden has his only good run of the game after the rain stopped.

Rain Man 11-07-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 7156515)

You mean the fumble recovery where Triplett wouldn't call it for several minutes while our guy had to fight two sissy Raiders who combined couldn't get it away from him? That one?