ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

BigRedChief 06-20-2011 08:17 PM

WTF? We have the dragon clan now? I liked the sun and stars bad azz. geeeezzz how many episodes did we get? Seemed awful short.

Sfeihc 06-21-2011 06:36 AM

BRC, first rule of show biz. Always leave them wanting more. You're been served by Mr. G. R. R. Martin.

vailpass 06-21-2011 11:24 AM

Now that the season is over I have started reading Book 1. I'm about a quarter of the way through and so far it appears the tv series was amazingly true to the book with lots of lines taken verbatim. There are a few sequential differences. Still ****ing hard to keep all the names straight.

BigRedChief 06-21-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 7707375)
BRC, first rule of show biz. Always leave them wanting more. You're been served by Mr. G. R. R. Martin.

No friggin way that snotty nosed kid survives. Even his own family will want him out because he is making it harder for them to govern and further their own selfish goals. So why drag it out? And while we are at it...get on with the Lannisters vs, Stark war. GEEEZZZ we didn't get to see shit. I know its television and the series is expensive but come on man...

Dragons would seem to be an offensive weapon that could turn a battle real easy. She must be some sort of player in the future.

Mr. Laz 06-21-2011 04:14 PM

i wonder what is going to happen between the dragon clan and the horse clan? I mean once the leader died, she is outcast. Now that the leader is dead and she is outcast there is no reason to attack the Iron Throne. The Dragon lady doesn't really even have a reason to go after the Iron Throne because the King that tried to kill her is dead already.

I imagine they will find some excuse for the perfect storm though.

Gotta have the blond brat king,Dragon lady,Horse Clan and White walkers all attacking the poor people of the north at the same time or it wouldn't be as depressing as it seems like it's going to be.

of course i have no idea what's going to happen ... just guessing.

eazyb81 06-21-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7708202)
i wonder what is going to happen between the dragon clan and the horse clan? I mean once the leader died, she is outcast. Now that the leader is dead and she is outcast there is no reason to attack the Iron Throne. The Dragon lady doesn't really even have a reason to go after the Iron Throne because the King that tried to kill her is dead already.

She thinks it is her destiny for a Targaryen to sit on the Iron Throne, as her family ruled for a long time before they were overthrown. I don't think she even knew that King Robert was trying desperately to kill her.

At this point in the story, I want to see her ride the dragons into King's Landing and burn it to the f'n ground just like the Mad King would have. She is cool but crazy - I like that.

Of course I'm sure she will do something later on that makes me hate her.

vailpass 06-21-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 7708176)
No friggin way that snotty nosed kid survives. Even his own family will want him out because he is making it harder for them to govern and further their own selfish goals. So why drag it out? And while we are at it...get on with the Lannisters vs, Stark war. GEEEZZZ we didn't get to see shit. I know its television and the series is expensive but come on man...

Dragons would seem to be an offensive weapon that could turn a battle real easy. She must be some sort of player in the future.

She does have an awful nice set of dragons on her.

Mr. Laz 06-21-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7708260)
I don't think she even knew that King Robert was trying desperately to kill her.

yes, she did. The wine dealer tried to give her poison wine. That's what started the whole movement to attack the Iron Throne. The leader was just about to say 'let it go' and then they tried to kill his queen/son.

Bowser 06-21-2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7708202)

I imagine they will find some excuse for the perfect storm though.

Gotta have the blond brat king,Dragon lady,Horse Clan and White walkers all attacking the poor people of the north at the same time or it wouldn't be as depressing as it seems like it's going to be.

of course i have no idea what's going to happen ... just guessing.

http://cdn2.screenjunkies.com/wp-con...sMr.Burns_.gif

keg in kc 04-01-2012 03:23 PM

Throwing this back onto page one in case anybody might be interested in some spoiler-free discussion.

L.A. Chieffan 04-01-2012 03:35 PM

i have wood.

wheres the ADWD thread? i finally finished the book

Buck 04-01-2012 03:39 PM

Aww yeah. Here we go.

QuikSsurfer 04-01-2012 07:59 PM

Sooooo good.

ChiefFripp 04-01-2012 08:28 PM

I still can't beleive Varys is Jon Snow's reall father. Now THAT I didn't see coming.

KcMizzou 04-01-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefFripp (Post 8510262)
I still can't beleive Varys is Jon Snow's reall father. Now THAT I didn't see coming.

:shake: