ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I've got to get this stuff out of my head. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105208)

Red Dawg 11-27-2004 05:28 PM

I've got to get this stuff out of my head.

Number 1: I want a fresh and young team on the field when Vermeil quits after next year. Morton and Kennison are at the top of my cut list along with Woods. Obviously I wouldn't dump all our experience but at speed positions I want sombody younger.

Number two: Get a young coach when DV is done. Look at the best defenses in the land and give one of their DC's a shot. We've seen what happens to teams that only score. Us and the Colts should be proof enough that you've got to play great defense.

Number 3: As I feel we are not in the position to fix the defense in one year because of cap and contacts I say draft the best player available in the first round instead of just need. Hell, do that in all the rounds. We will have a top ten pick and with a pick that high we need to get the best player on the board we can get. If it's a QB, then take him. I swear if Mike Williams is there and we take a defensive guy just because our defense sucks then CP and DV don't belong in a draft room.

Number 4: Make this Greens last year. He's been a warrior and ran the offense very well. I wish we would have had him a long time agoi but with a new coach we need a young QB with fresh legs. That 3rd stringer at GB named Wall intrests me. His arm is STRONGER THAN HELL.

Bowser 11-27-2004 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daddy T
Number 1: I want a fresh and young team on the field when Vermeil quits after next year. Morton and Kennison are at the top of my cut list along with Woods. Obviously I wouldn't dump all our experience but at speed positions I want sombody younger.

Number two: Get a young coach when DV is done. Look at the best defenses in the land and give one of their DC's a shot. We've seen what happens to teams that only score. Us and the Colts should be proof enough that you've got to play great defense.

Number 3: As I feel we are not in the position to fix the defense in one year because of cap and contacts I say draft the best player available in the first round instead of just need. Hell, do that in all the rounds. We will have a top ten pick and with a pick that high we need to get the best player on the board we can get. If it's a QB, then take him. I swear if Mike Williams is there and we take a defensive guy just because our defense sucks then CP and DV don't belong in a draft room.

Number 4: Make this Greens last year. He's been a warrior and ran the offense very well. I wish we would have had him a long time agoi but with a new coach we need a young QB with fresh legs. That 3rd stringer at GB named Wall intrests me. His arm is STRONGER THAN HELL.

1) Agree completely.

2) That sounds great, but I think Al Saunders is getting the job. I was under the impression that that is why Vermeil brought Saunders back from St. Loius, so he can have the job after Vermeil was done (maybe I'm wrong).

3) I agree, but if Mike Williams is gone, the pick had damned well better be defense!

4) Disagree wholeheartedly. Green is THE leader of this team. I think he can have a Gannon-esque type of career in the later years of his NFL life. He is the best guy to run this offense, and this offense ain't going anywhere, even if Vermeil calls it quits.

big nasty kcnut 11-27-2004 05:48 PM

No it's not the coaching i feel that it's carl peterson hampering this team get someone with fresh ideas and this team will be good.

tk13 11-27-2004 05:50 PM

We're paying Al Saunders 1 million dollars a year to play offensive coordinator, unless there's an ownership change I don't see anyone other than Al taking over for DV....

chief52 11-27-2004 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
We're paying Al Saunders 1 million dollars a year to play offensive coordinator, unless there's an ownership change I don't see anyone other than Al taking over for DV....

Sad but true.

LiL stumppy 11-27-2004 06:03 PM

Bo will be back next year,Sammi Parker won't be a rookie any more.I say draft D players in the first rounds.

Brock 11-27-2004 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief52
Sad but true.

Not necessarily sad. Al Saunders might make a damn fine head coach. He deserves a chance, anyway.

Sure-Oz 11-27-2004 06:10 PM

Green hasn't show any signs of slowing down, the line however has a bit. We must take advantage next year and rebuild after that.

cdcox 11-27-2004 06:30 PM

Green is good for at least 2 more years, minimum. QBs are productive at later ages than most other position because the position isn't as physically taxing and they can make up for it in knowledge.

Red Dawg 11-27-2004 09:29 PM

The line will not be as good after next year and that will make Green and his poor legs a liability. He nneds to go when DV goes if not one year after.