ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Cromartie is in Denver (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271112)

vailpass 07-31-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9848324)
Will be more like 4-6 weeks.

Or all year. That is a lingering injury.

Mother****erJones 07-31-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9848341)
Or all year. That is a lingering injury.

Oh yes. It's bad. Maybe lucky if u can play after 4-6 weeks

Anyong Bluth 07-31-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9847992)
which can often take 6-8 weeks to fully recover from.

No doubt- even longer depending on the degree. They can be a real bit & def. NOT an injury you want as a DB!

Mr. Laz 07-31-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9848311)
If I'm a defensive coordinator, I tell my team that they hit Manning on every single play. Every one. Late hit? 15 yard penalty? Who gives a shit?

He's probably going to march downfield for a score on his first drive anyway. Might as well just ****ing rattle him every play during that drive. Set the tone for the game.

**** that guy. **** the Broncos.

it's been done before

Each time you get within a couple of step of the QB you drill them as hard as you can and take the penalty if you need to

Eventually the offense has to change something or the QB gets hurt

If your defense is good enough to get consistent pressure, adding the search and destroy aspect can really change the whole game.

I think Buffalo had that in mind for Chiefs/Montana in the playoffs

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-31-2013 04:18 PM

Man. That's too bad. I feel bad for the broncos.

I LIED !

BWAAAAHAAAAAAA !

Chiefshrink 07-31-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9848205)

High ankle sprains linger all season just like turf toe. :shake:

Anyong Bluth 08-01-2013 07:11 AM

All these injuries and speculation of how long players will be out got me thinking I don't know why it popped into my head, but if anyone is familiar with Phil Hendrie ( and if you're not you're missing out on comedy gold- comedic genius).

The guy is a talk show host who can do many voices & back in his days in Miami he used to have a fake bookie as a weekly guest, and the day after the game in which Marino got injured (most just initially thought is was some sort of leg strain) he went into this whole ruse about how doctors we're going to have to remove his foot with a long bs explanation and the station got flooded with calls by people in disbelief including one caller driving with his kid when hearing the news broke into tears.

The description doesn't do the man's talents justice as the whole point of the show is a parody of news talk and he would have on fake guests that would take more and more absurd positions and unwittingly callers who were duped would often call in irate even as things would reach such a nonsensical point.

Quesadilla Joe 08-01-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9849490)
High ankle sprains linger all season just like turf toe. :shake:

SOME do. I guess we'll wait and see, we have the luxury of depth at CB so we can let him rest as long as necessary.

TEX 08-01-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9850091)
SOME do. I guess we'll wait and see, we have the luxury of depth at CB so we can let him rest as long as necessary.

MOST do. Research it. You are correct about having depth but said depth becomes lessoned with each injury. Anyway, "Next man up!"

vailpass 08-01-2013 03:31 PM

High ankle is a bitch, nags for a year. Very discouraging.

The Bad Guy 08-01-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9850091)

What ****ing depth?

Champ is on his last legs. Your pass rush is gone for 4 games and even then Dumervil is in Baltimore.

That defense is going to be garbage.

vailpass 08-01-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9851464)
What ****ing depth?

Champ is on his last legs. Your pass rush is gone for 4 games and even then Dumervil is in Baltimore.

I respect your football knowledge, you know it isn't garbage. The front is solid, the back is good enough. LB is the question. The O well have to be good enough. Not a sure thing but a puncher's chance. Elway doing all he can to assemble a winner.

Quesadilla Joe 08-01-2013 03:40 PM

Chris Harris and Tony Carter would start for a lot of teams. And again, Von might not even be suspended... Elvis only had 1.5 more sacks than Shaun Phillips last year, don't you worry about our pass rush.

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-01-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9851464)
What ****ing depth?

Yep ! Sorry Mr. KnowMo.

Honestly. Just think what will happen when forehead goes down. I mean, you guys might get a chance to draft Clowney.

Quesadilla Joe 08-01-2013 03:46 PM

Doom's pass rush will be missed most on early downs where Von isn't rushing. But in obvious passing situations our pass rush could be even better with Sly Williams and the rabid Wolfe at DT.