ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Chiefs Pantalones 10-06-2011 01:12 PM

Took the wife to see What's Your Number? Hilarious movie.

mikeyis4dcats. 10-06-2011 04:08 PM

wow, I was feeling under the weather today, so I picked up the latest Transformers movie from Redbox at Walgreens. What a piece of shit.

Easy 6 10-06-2011 04:11 PM

Rented Thor & X Men first class, thor was cool, brainless fun with plenty of action & of course Natalie Portman. As listo said, very predictable, but you pretty much know that going in.

X Men was, imo, the best of all of them, at times it seemed more like a 'real' movie than a comicbook caper.

Both are easily worth your 4 hours.

Brock 10-08-2011 12:50 PM

Went to see Drive last night. Chose it over Killer Elite on the basis of RT. What a mistake. Drive was a horrible movie. You would think a movie called Drive, which is the story about a getaway driver, would have some of the greatest car chases and stunts in it. You'd be wrong. There was actually very little of that. And an incongruous heaping helping of gratuitous gory violence. There was a scene that took place in the dressing room of a strip club for no other reason than for the camera to linger on several pair of titties. Which is fine, but the way it was presented was so transparent. There were a few bright spots, I'd never seen Albert Brooks play a homicidal gangster before. Ron Perlman was Ron Perlman. Bryan Cranston was pretty good in this movie. But overall, this movie was slow paced, boring, cliched, and over the top violent in some spots. A bad choice on my part. Shoulda just went to Moneball.

QuikSsurfer 10-08-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7976276)
Went to see Drive last night. Chose it over Killer Elite on the basis of RT. What a mistake. Drive was a horrible movie. You would think a movie called Drive, which is the story about a getaway driver, would have some of the greatest car chases and stunts in it. You'd be wrong. There was actually very little of that. And an incongruous heaping helping of gratuitous gory violence. There was a scene that took place in the dressing room of a strip club for no other reason than for the camera to linger on several pair of titties. Which is fine, but the way it was presented was so transparent. There were a few bright spots, I'd never seen Albert Brooks play a homicidal gangster before. Ron Perlman was Ron Perlman. Bryan Cranston was pretty good in this movie. But overall, this movie was slow paced, boring, cliched, and over the top violent in some spots. A bad choice on my part. Shoulda just went to Moneball.

Or Dolphin Tale.. I enjoyed Drive. I did expect to see a bit more intense car chase scenes though.

The Lady friend and I went to see The Ides of March last night -- prettahh good. Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Ryan Gosling were great.

Brock 10-08-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 7976281)
The Lady friend and I went to see The Ides of March last night -- prettahh good. Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Ryan Gosling were great.

Yeah, I tried to talk the wife into Ides of March, but she doesn't like going to movies on their opening weekend.

Buehler445 10-08-2011 01:03 PM

Saw Fast Five last night. It is what it is. I was expecting reeruned over the top crap, and most of it was but they at least tried to keep from focusing on it.

[spoiler] however, I couldnt get over the safe shit though. Really? They say it weighs 10 ton and the cash is 5 ton. 30,000 lb and they're expecting me to believe a charger will pull it with no wheels? They can soup it up and get more power but there will never be the traction to get it done. And then they whip it around and keep the cars on the road. Those cars can't weigh more than 3000 pounds. 30000 going sideways would just jerk it off the road. [\spoiler]

I was willing to look past the goofy crap but I can't let that go.

dannybcaitlyn 10-08-2011 03:15 PM

I went and watched Real Steel today. Enjoyed it. Rocky with robots.

sd4chiefs 10-08-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7976276)

When you check out a movie on RT and it has a high tomatometer rating like Drive (93%) you need to check the audience rating (79%). It's can tell you that it may not be that great of a movie. I went to see Contagion and I thought it sucked. It had a tomatometer rating of 84% and an audience rating of 65%.

bowener 10-08-2011 06:02 PM

I'm sure it has been said, but Drive is pretty ****ing outstanding.

Pablo 10-08-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 7976673)
I went and watched Real Steel today. Enjoyed it. Rocky with robots.

That movie looks absolutely atrocious. Glad you enjoyed it though.

KCUnited 10-09-2011 05:32 AM

Malevolence - jesus **** I couldn't finish it. Beyond shitty.

The Reef - Netflix instant, entertaining in an Open Water kind of way. Decent shark footage, kept the feeling uncomfortable throughout.

SnakeXJones 10-09-2011 08:38 AM

I feel like someone killed my unborn baby after watching meet wally spark on Netflix what an abortion

Buck 10-11-2011 03:04 AM

nstygma 10-11-2011 04:47 AM

I watched The Guard and Colombiana. I liked both, for different reasons.