ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reid interested in Alex Smith... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269575)

O.city 02-22-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9426921)
which is why id rather Foles if they dont want to draft a QB for whatever their reasons are.

so its a wishlist

1. Draft a QB 1 overall
dont do that?
okay

2. trade for Foles and draft a QB in the mid-later rounds

poop in mouth

big gap

3. Alex Smith, Kevin Kolb, Some crap shit veteran QB that will get us nowhere.

great

Yep. It's pretty disheartening.

Hammock Parties 02-22-2013 09:14 PM

Now imagine if we have to pay Alex Smith, too.

Cassel II: The Shittening

O.city 02-22-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9426927)
Now imagine if we have to pay Alex Smith, too.

Cassel II: The Shittening

As much as Foles is a somewhat similiar situation to Cassel, this is that much more.

We'll give up a pick and have to pay him. **** me.

They'll restructure Cassel too.

O.city 02-22-2013 09:17 PM

If they don't plan to take a QB at 1, I'd say the Albert contract stuff is overblown, cause I don't have any idea who the hell they'll take.

KC_Connection 02-22-2013 09:18 PM

So is the Andy Reid honeymoon period over yet? He was crap in Philly after McNabb left. He'll be crap here unless he can find something better than these names.

KC_Connection 02-22-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9426909)
SEE....Nick Foles isnt such a bad idea if it means avoiding Alex ****ing Cassel.

Foles isn't good. He's no answer here.

Mother****erJones 02-22-2013 09:20 PM

At least smith can get his team to conference title game

mcaj22 02-22-2013 09:21 PM

i think you mean the team got smith to the conference title game

O.city 02-22-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9426943)
At least smith can get his team to conference title game

Yep, next year, when we have the deepest most talented roster in the NFL, he can get us there.

:rolleyes:

Rexx 02-22-2013 09:23 PM

It's hard to believe Reid would hitch his wagon to Alex considering this franchise has already been down that road so many times. I really thought they would draft a QB at 1 and excite the fans with a guy we could groom. Alex Smith is the same old shat. Lets hope this is not accurate.

stonedstooge 02-22-2013 09:24 PM

Yeah Smith's so good a 4th rounder will nab him?

O.city 02-22-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9426954)
Yeah Smith's so good a 4th rounder will nab him?

It's actually good, cause you know, good value and all.

DaneMcCloud 02-22-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9426948)
Yep, next year, when we have the deepest most talented roster in the NFL, he can get us there.

:rolleyes:

In defense of Alex Smith, he'd have a better receiving corp in KC, a better running back, a lessor tight end and with any luck, a very similarly talented offensive line.

What Smith wouldn't have in KC is a dominating front seven, unless some free agents were signed and Poe blows up.

If it's between Foles and Alex Smith, I'll take Smith and a developmental QB, whether it's Manuel, Dysert, Bray or even Nassib.

O.city 02-22-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9426959)
In defense of Alex Smith, he'd have a better receiving corp in KC, a better running back, a lessor tight end and with any luck, a very similarly talented offensive line.

What Smith wouldn't have in KC is a dominating front seven, unless some free agents were signed and Poe blows up.

If it's between Foles and Alex Smith, I'll take Smith and a developmental QB, whether it's Manuel, Dysert, Bray or even Nassib.

Well, I'd prefer neither, but I'd probably take Smith too.

If we do re up Bowe yeah, maybe a better wr core. Dunno about the OL, theirs is pretty ****ing good. I'd hope we could get there.

This would jsut be really damn disappointing. Even more so if we pass on a QB who ends up being really ****ing good. If we went this route, pass on Geno or Barkley, they go to the Raiders and blow up, woudl be alot to stomach.

mcaj22 02-22-2013 09:30 PM

8.5 million this pile of turd's contract is.

holy ****, they cant even just cut him because of that. sad