ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=245442)

Pants 02-02-2012 12:09 PM

I fell in love with Hardcore when I first tried it in COD4. It's just so much more intense, so much more adrenaline being produced, the senses are so much more heightened, it's not even funny. I remember going and playing regular for non-TDM modes and it was just like taking a break... running around like a troll, shooting the first thing you see, not really giving a ****. Then you get back in Hardcore and the tension immediately goes up like 10 times and you have to think and be careful and absolutely know all the spots.

If I wanted a troll twitchfest, I would play Halo, it's a much better experience there, IMO.

Bump 02-02-2012 12:25 PM

hiding in corners is intense? ROFL

Bump 02-02-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8343143)
Also...hardcore is the worst game mode ever. Its just the biggest campout ever. People set up their tents and get out their marshmallows and get to work. I was literally the only person on either team running around.

God that ****ing game mode pisses me off.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've been saying that ever since they came out with it. I'm not advocating to run around like a bafoon, but how is hiding in corners the entire game waiting for an easy kill "hardcore?"

Quesadilla Joe 02-02-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8343134)
I cant even imagine how good I would be if I used a headset. I can already hear people 10 ft away through my Tv speakers so I think I could be pretty beastly with a headset.
Posted via Mobile Device

Get one. A nice surround sound headset is expensive but once you get one you will never want to play without one. If you play a lot of games you might as well get one because they really do make games a lot more enjoyable. Not just first person shooters either, I could sound whore the shit out of rabbits and rattlesnakes in Red Dead Redemption.

Pants 02-02-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8343273)
hiding in corners is intense? ROFL

Corner camping happens just as much in regular as it does in hardcore. Camping in a building and shooting people from a window happens a lot more in Hardcore. That's why it's so much more intense to me. I have to be careful and know where those spots are, I can't just run through an accurate burst of gunfire. If I could, the game would no longer be intense.

crazycoffey 02-03-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8343143)
Also...hardcore is the worst game mode ever. Its just the biggest campout ever. People set up their tents and get out their marshmallows and get to work. I was literally the only person on either team running around.

God that ****ing game mode pisses me off.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've never tried the headsets, But I'll be damned if I'm spending over 100 more dollars on this game just to be a sound whore, it's worse than campers

Quesadilla Joe 02-03-2012 09:58 AM

Just went 50-4 on Havanna in Black Ops in a regular 6 vs 6 TDM and I wasn't even using lethal killstreaks, I was using UAV, Counter UAV, and Blackbird. Most kills I have ever gotten in a regular TDM game, I've gotten 40 plus kills a shitload of times but never 50.

Quesadilla Joe 02-03-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 8345288)
I've never tried the headsets, But I'll be damned if I'm spending over 100 more dollars on this game just to be a sound whore, it's worse than campers

Unless you play Search and Destroy or Free for All you really aren't getting killed because someone heard you coming too often.

A nice headset makes every game you buy more enjoyable. Whether you are fighting dragons listening to that epic music in Skyrim, or if you are sound-whoring Ghost bundle of stickss in Call of Duty.

crazycoffey 02-03-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TebKnow2724 (Post 8345450)
Unless you play Search and Destroy or Free for All you really aren't getting killed because someone heard you coming too often.

A nice headset makes every game you buy more enjoyable. Whether you are fighting dragons listening to that epic music in Skyrim, or if you are sound-whoring Ghost pillowbitergots in Call of Duty.

i love search and destroy, but the only way I stand a chance is assassin pro and dead silence

kepp 02-03-2012 10:11 AM

I'm seeing more and more that when I'm running Assassin & Blind Eye, some people seem to know exactly where I am. They don't happen to be wandering around and run across me. They know where I am. Is there a hack/cheat that people are using for that somehow?

Dayze 02-03-2012 10:12 AM

the only thing I'm leary of in this game is if it still has that dumba** heartbeat sesnor attachment/wepaon.. Is that still in the game?

kepp 02-03-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8345497)
the only thing I'm leary of in this game is if it still has that dumba** heartbeat sesnor attachment/wepaon.. Is that still in the game?

Yes, it is. I've heard it called the "baby monitor."

Dayze 02-03-2012 10:14 AM

crap....

Quesadilla Joe 02-03-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8345497)

Yes but not that many people use it.

If someone on the other team is using one just slap on Assassin Pro and you won't be picked up by it.

Dayze 02-03-2012 10:16 AM

man...I've got alot to learn about all the perks lol.

I'll have to study up.