ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tamba Hali on Cassel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269887)

Ace Gunner 02-10-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9391914)
Why not?

He, more or less, said the OL sucks.

and who would argue they didn't. the middle of that OL stunk last year. The TE's were crappy blockers as well.

I object to Hali's insinuation matty c was bad because the OL was bad. I object even more to the idea Cassel needs another look.

But, this is a veteran player basically looking at his window of opp close and he's doing what those players often do in situations where the team has a young player or two at QB & a vet -- talk up the veteran QB. Tony G did it.

But, it does kind of seem odd considering the team has the first pick in the draft. Kind of makes you wonder if they have already decided they aren't going with a QB first up.

milkman 02-10-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9392269)
and who would argue they didn't. the middle of that OL stunk last year. The TE's were crappy blockers as well.

I object to Hali's insinuation matty c was bad because the OL was bad. I object even more to the idea Cassel needs another look.

But, this is a veteran player basically looking at his window of opp close and he's doing what those players often do in situations where the team has a young player or two at QB & a vet -- talk up the veteran QB. Tony G did it.

But, it does kind of seem odd considering the team has the first pick in the draft. Kind of makes you wonder if they have already decided they aren't going with a QB first up.

I'm sure Reid and Dorsey callled Tamba in to tell him their plans at QB, or for the offense, for that matter.

Titty Meat 02-10-2013 07:54 PM

What the **** do you expect him to say?

jspchief 02-10-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9391513)
i dont think he cares. i think hes happy with his 70 million living comfortably just doing what he does. you saw how that defense just ****ed around dancing and whatnot during a losing season.

They dont have a drive to WIN like a 49ers, Ravens or Steelers defense. With veterans like that. Good players but they all got their money for the most part and are just doing what they do at a high level.

Honestly, this is the first thing that popped into my head too.

Maybe its an over-reaction. But let's not forget these are voluntary comments. It's not like he's playing good soldier by saying the right thing when asked.

The Chiefs just came off their worst season in franchise history. Worst team in the league. If Tamba is ok with the status quo he can gtfo too.

RealSNR 02-10-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9392397)
Honestly, this is the first thing that popped into my head too.

Maybe its an over-reaction. But let's not forget these are voluntary comments. It's not like he's playing good soldier by saying the right thing when asked.

The Chiefs just came off their worst season in franchise history. Worst team in the league. If Tamba is ok with the status quo he can gtfo too.

I hope Eric Berry pisses in Tamba's weed bag and kicks his ass. If that's Tamba's real attitude, it totally removes that positive perception people have of him of the hard-working guy who never takes anything for granted due to his upbringing in Liberia

jspchief 02-10-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9392296)

About Cassel? Nothing at all.

|Zach| 02-10-2013 08:46 PM

I don't expect players to be objective about other players. That goes out the door when you are in the trenches like that with other guys.

BillSelfsTrophycase 02-10-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Tamba Hali ‏@TambaHali91
A line that will block for him relentlessly. When we had Will Shield, Willie Roaf, Brian waters, KC Weigman, TRENT GREEN WAS THE MAN.
Tamba's a True Fan

Who knew?

Reerun_KC 02-10-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcan (Post 9391875)
The flip side of that coin are under talented players like Mike Maslowski, who do things the right way. You root for those guys.

LOL AT maSLOWski. lead the chiefs in tackles 10 yards down the field ='s Chiefs fan hero...

jspchief 02-10-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9391737)
Cassel was Hali's old faithful. When he couldn't score a sack anywhere else, he knew he could in practice. Sometimes a man needs an easy one.

Rofl. Cassel is Hali's slumpbuster.

NJChiefsFan 02-10-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9392296)

Nothing? He wasn't asked this in the locker room cornered at his locker. He tweeted it. I don't really care whether he did or not tbh. I don't care if Winston still thinks what he thinks. They both help the team. Still didn't have to say it. He doesn't make personnel decisions so who cares.

This isn't about him, its' about our fear of being stuck with somebody like Matt. If we all were promised already that a new QB was coming in then nobody would care what he was saying about Matt.

HotCarl 02-10-2013 09:24 PM

Did Tony Gonzalez not endorse Thigpen once, ladies and gentlemen?

Hali is loyal to a teammate and I admire him for it. It shows that Cassel is not hated by the locker room as some armchair pundits might allege. The fellow is simply a good man in over his head.

As William Shakespeare wrote, "God gave him a face, but Pioli made him another."

NJChiefsFan 02-10-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9392620)
Did Tony Gonzalez not endorse Thigpen once, ladies and gentlemen?

Don't know, you will have to check the other 8 posts already mentioning this in the thread.

Sorter 02-10-2013 09:33 PM

Funny, I remember Hali making some comments that seemed discouraging about Cassel after Orton became the starter last year. Something about not being left on the ****ing field the entire game...

NJChiefsFan 02-10-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9392668)
Funny, I remember Hali making some comments that seemed discouraging about Cassel after Orton became the starter last year. Something about not being left on the ****ing field the entire game...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9391505)
How about his comments after the GB win in 2011 when Orton played and Hali was like "that's the first time in years we had a quarterback that did his job and gave the defense a rest"

Dude is just trying to be a good teammate with this stuff.

Already forgot what it's like to have to go right back on the field after the 8th straight 3nout because Cassel can't hit the broad side of a barn.