ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

DeezNutz 08-05-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8792768)
The braves made it work. Sure, it's anecdotal evidence, but DM was a part of that equation.

OK. We're in year six, and it hasn't worked here. Plus, there are essentially no answers on the farm. Thus, we have empirical evidence from KC to show that DM made an enormous mistake by sitting on prospects.

If he trades Montgomery, Duffy, Lamb, and Dwyer when they were high-regarded prospects, the Royals are (assuming he doesn't go full Dayton) exponentially better today and for the future.

This organization must stop overvaluing prospects.

tk13 08-05-2012 12:26 PM

I don't think he should've traded every single pitching prospect. You know they aren't all going to work out... but you can't assume they are all going to fail too. Trading Montgomery would've been crazy a couple years ago unless you got a true front line pitcher.

Nightfyre 08-05-2012 12:28 PM

It's all about self-scouting Deez. you gotta trade the ones you don't think are going to work out while they still have value and keep the ones you think you can bring to the bigs.

DeezNutz 08-05-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8792775)
I don't think he should've traded every single pitching prospect. You know they aren't all going to work out... but you can't assume they are all going to fail too. Trading Montgomery would've been crazy a couple years ago unless you got a true front line pitcher.

That's the plan. Package two of the four plus a filler. What do you think that return would have been? Sizable. That's for damn sure.

Let's pretend that DM truly can evaluate amateur talent, and he simply hasn't been the blind monkey equipped with a strong draft budget and high-round selections: then why can't he evaluate his own young talent in the system and trade off those who look like they'll never produce?

I have a modest theory.

DeezNutz 08-05-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8792780)
It's all about self-scouting Deez. you gotta trade the ones you don't think are going to work out while they still have value and keep the ones you think you can bring to the bigs.

I've never argued against this. The problem is that DM looks in his system and sees nothing but aces and #3 hitters.

See my last post.

SPchief 08-05-2012 03:54 PM

Nananana Nananana hey hey hey YUNI gone!

Reaper16 08-05-2012 03:55 PM

YUNI DFA!

GIO STILL ORGANIZATIONAL PARIAH :(

Tytanium 08-05-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 8793145)
Nananana Nananana hey hey hey YUNI gone!

Two down, one to go. I don't know anything about Tony Abreu though.

ChiefsCountry 08-05-2012 04:04 PM

Abreu wasn't on the 40 man roster. I would assume that is why he got the call up.

Nightfyre 08-05-2012 04:06 PM

Wewt! Later Betancourt!

Jerm 08-05-2012 04:09 PM

Abreu is no better than Yuni...trading like for the like basically.

Also they made it pretty clear that Yuni wasn't committed to the team so if that's the case, WHY THE **** DID HE START TODAY?!?

This organization never ceases to amaze me...

DeezNutz 08-05-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 8793167)
Abreu is no better than Yuni...trading like for the like basically.

Also they made it pretty clear that Yuni wasn't committed to the team so if that's the case, WHY THE **** DID HE START TODAY?!?

This organization ceases to amaze me...

Say what? Missed all of this. It was "My Time" to tend to the yard instead of wasting additional time on the Royals.

Jerm 08-05-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8793173)
Say what? Missed all of this. It was "My Time" to tend to the yard instead of wasting additional time on the Royals.

Yost's comments pretty much made it out that way...talked about how they needed players here committed to winning while explaining why they were getting rid of Yuni. He wanted to play everyday and was told no so if you read between the lines...you could tell that's what was being hinted at...

tk13 08-05-2012 04:21 PM

Yeah really. Good luck finding that starting job Yuni!

chefsos 08-05-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 8793177)
Yost's comments pretty much made it out that way...talked about how there were players here committed to winning while explaining why they were getting rid of Yuni. He wanted to play everyday and was told no so if you read between the lines...you could tell that's what was being hinted at...

Wow. I gotta ask: Where in the hell would Betancourt go and play every day?

And don't look at me. I got Omar Quesadilla!