ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Arkansas Prank Went Wrong (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281544)

Bugeater 02-18-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10439319)
Yeah, it's pretty clearly vandalism.

Maybe the kids didn't think of it that way, but it is. And if somebody keys your car in the parking lot or decides to bust your window out and rummage through your stuff; those are most definitely issues your insurance company will handle for you.

I assume most of you all have homeowner's and/or auto insurance. Pay your deductible, file a police report and move on with your life. Or you could step out and start shooting and see where that gets you.

I wasn't advocating coming out with guns blazing by any means, but I also shouldn't have to happily shell out $1000 for a deductible because some shithead kids were never taught to respect others' property.

notorious 02-18-2014 01:01 PM

You would be surprised at how many people don't carry full coverage.

Fat Elvis 02-18-2014 01:04 PM

Chiefsplanet votes these people into office.

http://kslegislature.org/li/b2013_14...72_00_0000.pdf

Pablo 02-18-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10439351)
well, I probably would call the police if I lived in a neighborhood. I live out in the country, and my house sits about 200 yards off of a county highway. You can't see my house from the road at all. If someone is at my house, I'm fearing for my families safety, and while I probably come out with a gun and tell them to get, or fire a warning shot into the ground, I was simply saying that if I were frightened enough, I can see how this happens.

Not to mention, unless I could see that they were TPing the car, in which case, I'd just run them off, how do I know that they aren't thugs looking to steal my wallet from my car?

Look, I think it sucks. But, it is what it is. Don't go ****ing with other peoples shit. period.

Yeah, I get it. People shouldn't be thieves. Kids shouldn't be shit-heads that vandalize other people's property.

You can fire into a crowd of people for being on your property, kill somebody and claim you were frightened. That's still going to net you serious jail time in MO most of the time. If it's worth that to you, great. If they're in your home, then it's entirely different and the law is on your side.

I can't empathize with this dude. He killed a teenager and there was no mention of breaking and entering or assault of any kind. If it comes out otherwise, I might change my stance. But from the limited information available to me, I see a guy that caught teens ****ing with his car and stepped out of his home to fire into a crowd, and killed one of them. **** him.

Pablo 02-18-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10439366)
I wasn't advocating coming out with guns blazing by any means, but I also shouldn't have to happily shell out $1000 for a deductible because some shithead kids were never taught to respect others' property.

No, it isn't fair that somebody is destroying your personal property. Just like it isn't fair that some idiot can hit you in their car and then drive away from the scene.

But there are still options available to you outside of assault or attempted murder for both of those scenarios.

Bugeater 02-18-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10439374)
You would be surprised at how many people don't carry full coverage.

We only carry it on one of our 3 vehicles. I really should have it on my Jeep but it's paid for and it stays in the garage most of the time. My truck isn't really worth worrying about all that much.

Bugeater 02-18-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10439410)
No, it isn't fair that somebody is destroying your personal property. Just like it isn't fair that some idiot can hit you in their car and then drive away from the scene.

But there are still options available to you outside of assault or attempted murder for both of those scenarios.

I don't know where you are getting that I am saying it's ok to kill someone over this. Assault....well an ass beating probably wouldn't be out of line for punks like these, but unfortunately the law doesn't see it that way. Not sure what other options you could be referring to...calling the police? Sure, they'll be right on that. If you're lucky an officer will be by in an hour or two to file a report.

Pablo 02-18-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10439423)
I don't know where you are getting that I am saying it's ok to kill someone over this. Assault....well an ass beating probably wouldn't be out of line for punks like these, but unfortunately the law doesn't see it that way. Not sure what other options you could be referring to...calling the police? Sure, they'll be right on that. If you're lucky an officer will be by in an hour or two to file a report.

I'm not.

I don't think you're advocating it at all. I'm just speaking in the context of this thread and discussion, not necessarily saying you're cool with the actions this guy took.

tooge 02-18-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10439407)
Yeah, I get it. People shouldn't be thieves. Kids shouldn't be shit-heads that vandalize other people's property.

You can fire into a crowd of people for being on your property, kill somebody and claim you were frightened. That's still going to net you serious jail time in MO most of the time. If it's worth that to you, great. If they're in your home, then it's entirely different and the law is on your side.

I can't empathize with this dude. He killed a teenager and there was no mention of breaking and entering or assault of any kind. If it comes out otherwise, I might change my stance. But from the limited information available to me, I see a guy that caught teens ****ing with his car and stepped out of his home to fire into a crowd, and killed one of them. **** him.

I had a strong wind blow down a gate a few years ago. I thought someone was trying to break in. I was scared shitless. I grabbed a handgun, went out the basement door, and yelled "I'm armed" and fired a shot into the ground. Several minutes later, feeling like an idiot, I saw the gate down. I don't really have neighbors or anything, so for me, maybe it's different. I'm not empathizing with the killer at all. I'm just saying what might happen if it were me and I was at my house.

Easy 6 02-18-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamwallet (Post 10439144)
Middle of the night, you hear people outside your home messing with your car, step outside and start having objects thrown your way, again, in the dark. That's seems like a pretty good excuse to start shooting.

No, no it doesn't.

Lex Luthor 02-18-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10439351)
well, I probably would call the police if I lived in a neighborhood. I live out in the country, and my house sits about 200 yards off of a county highway. You can't see my house from the road at all. If someone is at my house, I'm fearing for my families safety, and while I probably come out with a gun and tell them to get, or fire a warning shot into the ground, I was simply saying that if I were frightened enough, I can see how this happens.

Not to mention, unless I could see that they were TPing the car, in which case, I'd just run them off, how do I know that they aren't thugs looking to steal my wallet from my car?

Look, I think it sucks. But, it is what it is. Don't go ****ing with other peoples shit. period.

You keep your wallet in your car????

RNR 02-18-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10439447)
No, no it doesn't.

Uh... I have beg to differ~

Hydrae 02-18-2014 01:42 PM

Just think, if one of those kids' parents did the same thing when this guys kid pulled the first prank, we wouldn't be here now.

Predarat 02-18-2014 02:16 PM

Some places if you tresspass.........

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/s...ath-threat.gif

Valiant 02-18-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10438796)
Yes, we can legally murder Halloween pranksters, which is why the article says he was arrested and charged with first degree murder. :rolleyes:

The purge.. Kids picked the wrong day. Not suppose to be out on that day.