ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2007 Season - Eat Crow Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=185065)

Buehler445 05-22-2008 08:57 PM

2007 Season - Eat Crow Thread

Before the 2008 season gets into full swing, it is time for some (all) of us to eat some crow for 2007. I know everyone has at least something to eat crow about. I'll start... I would like my crow extra well done, with some nice potatoes and gravy
  1. I thought LJ would be worth the money. Yes, this is the most boneheaded of my 2007 thoughts. Holy cow was I wrong. Point Mecca.
  2. I thought this team would be better than last year's team. Croyle is better than Huard, Edwards is back, and I liked Bowe and some of the defensive pickups. If I'd have only known this team would quit.
  3. I thought Tank was a good pickup in Round 3. Jury is still out on the kid but as big and strong as he was I thought he could have at least started. Dunno if this is a coaching deal or what. But I thought he would have immediate impact.
  4. I was OK with drafting Medlock. Wanted Crosby, but this kid had such a good percentage, I was OK with it. Too bad the horse****er was a headcase.:cuss:

Anyway, I'm sure there are more of you guys that have crow to eat, so eat away.

Sorry if this is a repost, I don't remember it...

blueballs 05-22-2008 09:17 PM

Cheryl

Frazod 05-22-2008 09:26 PM

I wanted to trade LJ for picks last year. Just think, we could have resigned Allen AND got Dorsey. Oh well.

Didn't have a strong opinion about signing Medlock, but I was sure happy when we cut his stupid ass.

Must concede that Mecca's endless negativity, while deeply annoying, was pretty much 100% accurate. He also gets points for the "ruining lives since 2005" line over his avatar - that's clever. :D

kcfanXIII 05-22-2008 09:43 PM

well, let's see. i thought we'd only win 3 games....

POND_OF_RED 05-22-2008 09:51 PM

I thought we'd upset the Pats in the playoffs. I still think we would have if LJ didn't get hurt. :homer: :bong:

whoman69 05-22-2008 10:14 PM

LJ still has to be the potential to be the Chiefs best running back ever and has at least 3 good years in him if a line can be assembled in front of him. We will be very lucky with the projected starters we have now to afford him that luxery this year. That means time is running out on him, but the upside is that he did not go through much wear his first few years with the Chiefs or at Penn State. Does all that get thrown out the window for Herm trying to run him into the ground in 2006?

kcfanXIII 05-22-2008 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEA_OF_RED (Post 4764062)
:homer: :bong:

at least you know it. i was never overly optimistic about last season yet still watched every game, and attended half the home games. i hope you understand, this season might not be any better, wins and losses wise, but the youth movement, and rebuilding could be interesting.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-22-2008 10:17 PM

1. I was wrong about LJ
2. I was wrong about Herm's motivating skills.
3. I was wrong about Ty Law and Pat Surtain. I wanted them both.
4. I was wrong about Tank Tyler making an immediate impact.
5. I was wrong about how many games we'd win.

I could go on all night. I think you get the point.

Buehler445 05-22-2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 4764077)
LJ still has to be the potential to be the Chiefs best running back ever and has at least 3 good years in him if a line can be assembled in front of him. We will be very lucky with the projected starters we have now to afford him that luxery this year. That means time is running out on him, but the upside is that he did not go through much wear his first few years with the Chiefs or at Penn State. Does all that get thrown out the window for Herm trying to run him into the ground in 2006?

I'm not saying he's washed up, but given Kolby's performance, I don't think he was a good value for the money.

DeezNutz 05-22-2008 10:20 PM

With I-65 gone, I thought the line would be better than it was in '06. :bong:

el borracho 05-22-2008 10:21 PM

No, after watching both lines, offensive and defensive, get abused in preseason last year I knew we would be garbage. I have no crow to eat (although they did briefly make me wonder when we were 3-2).

Hammock Parties 05-22-2008 10:22 PM

Somehow Teicher knew. Even when we were 4-3, he had us finishing 6-10.

acesn8s 05-23-2008 03:49 AM

I don't like health food.

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2008 04:14 AM

I was wrong.

I picked the Chiefs to go 5-11 last year.

NewChief 05-23-2008 04:38 AM

Okay, I'll eat some crow.

I thought the Chiefs would be decent last year. :p

Unfortunately, I also thought the Dolphins would win a few games and that Trent would make it through the season.