ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jeff Chadiha Interviewed on 810 this morning -Interesting bits about Cassel and OC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255513)

DeezNutz 01-26-2012 01:47 PM

The more things change...

While Carl consistently showed an affinity for other teams' backups, he didn't seem to possess an emotional attachment to them, unlike the "EotD."

ModSocks 01-26-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talastan (Post 8328690)
If you did offer three firsts and they wanted a player who would you trade for the ability to pick Luck? Is there anyone that is off limits?

Nope.

Not one player.

But this isn't Madden either. If any team understands the importance of a Franchise QB, it'd be the Colts.

BigChiefFan 01-26-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8328680)
We'll find out March 8th (?) if giving up 3 first rounders is even an option. Even that may not be enough to pry Luck from the Colt's clamy hands.

Yeah, I'm praying they give him the bonus money. Pioli should be on the phone, the minute it's known, if that should happen.

talastan 01-26-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8328698)

While Carl consistently showed an affinity for other teams' backups, he didn't seem to possess an emotional attachment to them, unlike the "EotD."

LTGMiPS=EotD :banghead::banghead: :(

DeezNutz 01-26-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8328704)
Yeah, I'm praying they give him the bonus money. Pioli should be on the phone, the minute it's known, if that should happen.

Why would he possibly be prepared or exercise any foresight? Case in point, look at this past off-season. Its brevity and fast pace should have greatly benefited the top GMs in the league.

And how did Pioli do?

BigChiefFan 01-26-2012 01:52 PM

Carl didn't show an emotional attachment to players? He called DT his son.

ModSocks 01-26-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8328724)

That's the kind of player you'd want him to have an attachment to. Imagine if he married Steve Bono?

DaWolf 01-26-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8328698)

Umm, you forgetting about the whole Elvis Grbac thing?

DeezNutz 01-26-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8328724)

My post said "back-up QBs."

And I'm forgetting some ridiculous loving up of Grbac?

Otter 01-26-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8328044)
This really, really depresses me.

The "exec of the decade" should be able to identify quarterback talent.

He's more concerned with trying to prove Cassel can play than actually winning games.

That's what puzzles me, what did that guy do to justify th price tag he was paid? No drew Bledsoe cannon, no Tom Brady precision or surgical ability,

Homes must be a hell of a politician.

FloridaMan88 01-26-2012 02:01 PM

Fat Scott is in the process of destroying this franchise.

Cassel, Romeo, the toxic environment he's created, etc.

Clark will of course stick with Fat Scott through 20+ years of mediocrity before finally making a move.

That is the Hunt way.

BigChiefFan 01-26-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8328723)
Why would he possibly be prepared or exercise any foresight? Case in point, look at this past off-season. Its brevity and fast pace should have greatly benefited the top GMs in the league.

And how did Pioli do?

Hindsight is 20/20.

You act like he ignored the QB position.

He's been here 3 seasons.

He recognized Croyle and Thigpen wouldn't cut the mustard. Day one.

He gave up a 2nd rounder, not a first rounder and got TWO PLAYERS, that both happened to START.

He drafted Stanzi-LAST YEAR, less than 11 months, ago.

Two of the three years he has been here he has made a move at QB. Sorry, Stanzi wasn't a smashing success from day one, but Good Lord, give Pioli a break.

Look how long Carl stuck with players like Bartee and the guy NEVER had an interception in the NFL and STARTED.

Cassel is a stop-gap and has always been. Until somebody can actually unseat him, it wasn't a bad move and made sense at the time.

DeezNutz 01-26-2012 02:04 PM

I find it ironic that he could somehow recognize that Thigpen couldn't cut it but then proceeded to acquire, essentially, the same player in Matt Cassel.

And Pioli should get no slack. No break. No evaluation year. He's the highest paid GM for a reason, and we should expect like results.

Titty Meat 01-26-2012 02:09 PM

Matt Cassel isn't the same player as Tyler Thigpen dude.

Cassel is a capable backup that's it. It's time to move on and find a starter end of discussion.

DeezNutz 01-26-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8328789)
Matt Cassel isn't the same player as Tyler Thigpen dude.

True, Thigpen had better instincts, likely because he played in college.