ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics iPhone 5? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263220)

Fire Me Boy! 09-05-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 8879620)
The Day It Is Released I will Get One. Then My Four Year Old Boy Will Have My 32GB 4S.

Can Your 4-Year-Old Type Without Capitalizing Every Word?

BWillie 09-05-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8879651)
I happen to think it's equally stupid that people would want a giant clunky battery draining screen on a phone. Get a damn tablet already..

No, I refuse to follow Apples gameplan for consumers. They want to make a separate market for a phone and a tablet so they can monopolize consumers whereas Samsung offers devices based on consumer requests. Apple has such a loyal customer base they can get away w it. Why on earth would I want to lug around two devices when i only need one.

Saulbadguy 09-05-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 8879819)
No, I refuse to follow Apples gameplan for consumers. They want to make a separate market for a phone and a tablet so they can monopolize consumers whereas Samsung offers devices based on consumer requests. Apple has such a loyal customer base they can get away w it. Why on earth would I want to lug around two devices when i only need one.

I can see a future where there is literally a tablet-esque device in every single room in the house.

NewChief 09-05-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8879931)
I can see a future where there is literally a tablet-esque device in every single room in the house.

We have two in our house, and they get used constantly between the kids and my wife and I. The kids absolutely love them and prefer them to television by far (though one of the kids mainly watches TV shows on it).

Titty Meat 09-05-2012 12:15 PM

I'd rather get the Galaxy III

Fish 09-05-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 8879819)

It has nothing to do with Apple's gameplan for anything. There is a separate market for phones and tablets. It's been that way for some time. And that's not strictly Apple's doing. Your expectations are silly.

BWillie 09-05-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8880052)
It has nothing to do with Apple's gameplan for anything. There is a separate market for phones and tablets. It's been that way for some time. And that's not strictly Apple's doing. Your expectations are silly.

Obviously, but Apple has failed to address the many consumers who don't want a tablet and a phone. Forcing them to buy one of both, that is in their gameplan. Tons and tons of ppl bought the Galaxy Note phone, way more than expected. Galaxy Note 2 will also make a huge splash in the "phablet" market. Apple is just being stubborn with their Iphone screen size plain and simple and also because they want to sell more expensive iPads

Pablo 09-05-2012 12:38 PM

How big is the screen gonna be?

jd1020 09-05-2012 12:40 PM

Rather get an Atrix 2. I'm not a big fan of big huge bricks, like the Atrix 2, but its got good reviews and its one of the few phones with a FM radio transmitter. **** using all of your $25 of monthly data usage on streaming music. Give me FM radio and 200mb so I can check weather apps and the occasional odd web searches.

L.A. Chieffan 09-05-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8879651)
I happen to think it's equally stupid that people would want a giant clunky battery draining screen on a phone. Get a damn tablet already..

Gimme a break dude, the battery on the 4s isnt that great despite how small the screen is

Buehler445 09-05-2012 12:51 PM

I have an iPhone 4 and I don't want it any bigger. By the time I get a case I can take to work it is pretty big.

L.A. Chieffan 09-05-2012 12:53 PM

My S3 is lighter and thinner even with the case on and the battery lasts just as long. Not to mention its removable so I can swap it with a fully charged battery any time I want.

Fish 09-05-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 8880086)
Obviously, but Apple has failed to address the many consumers who don't want a tablet and a phone. Forcing them to buy one of both, that is in their gameplan. Tons and tons of ppl bought the Galaxy Note phone, way more than expected. Galaxy Note 2 will also make a huge splash in the "phablet" market. Apple is just being stubborn with their Iphone screen size plain and simple and also because they want to sell more expensive iPads

Yes, I still remember the day that Apple forced me to buy both a phone and a tablet. That was a hard day.

LMAO

Do you have a backpack to carry your phablet? Or do you just buy those ghetto pants with the giant pockets?

BWillie 09-05-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8880214)
Yes, I still remember the day that Apple forced me to buy both a phone and a tablet. That was a hard day.

LMAO

Do you have a backpack to carry your phablet? Or do you just buy those ghetto pants with the giant pockets?

Huh? The S2 easily fits in any pockets I have and I've tried out the Note and it fitted in my pants pocket with ease.

LiL stumppy 09-05-2012 02:08 PM

I just started working for a premium retailer. Im waiting for the iPhone to come out to make a decesion. I like the 4, and I know the ios6 will be amazing. Should be 4g capable as well. If I dont seem to like it, ill just snag up a galaxy s3. Pretty excited to see one though