ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Carson Palmer is amusing... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=187604)

Mecca 07-22-2008 11:37 AM

Carson Palmer is amusing...

Bengals quarterback was recently interviewed on LA-based sports radio station (KLAC) and talked about living in Ohio and the upcoming USC-Ohio State college football matchup. Here are some highlights from the interview:
Advertisement

Just being in Ohio you gotta watch what you say with the old Ohio State-USC battle coming up, or do you just not give a (darn) and your going to say what you feel like saying?

Palmer: I don’t watch what I say. I cannot stand the Buckeyes and having to live in Ohio and hear those people talk about their team, it drives me absolutely nuts. We got Keith Rivers out there and we got Frostee Rucker, we finally got a couple other ‘SC guys. It’s amazing to hear what those guys think about that university and what they think about that football program and Tressel and all the crap I got to put up with being back there. I just can’t wait for two years from now when ‘SC comes to the ‘Shoe and I get to, hopefully have a home game that weekend and I can go out there and watch us pound on them on their own turf and kind of put all the talk to rest, because I’m really getting sick of it. I just can’t wait for this game to get here so they can come to the Coliseum and experience L.A. and get an old fashioned, Pac 10 butt-whooping and go back to the Big Ten.

So you’re a little excited about it?

Palmer: I can’t wait.

Buehler445 07-22-2008 11:43 AM

ROFL USC better not lose!Posted via Mobile Device

SCTrojan 07-22-2008 11:57 AM

Was kind of shocked by how strong he came out on the prediction. God love him, though, he didn't waffle. We'll see how it turns out on September 13.

bkkcoh 07-22-2008 12:01 PM

What did people expect him to say being a former USC qb and talking to a LA radio station?

But being in the Columbus area, I can certainly understand how he could say those things.

People need to get over it. Especially the so-called Buckeye fans who were hurt by the comments...... :banghead:

Frazod 07-22-2008 01:08 PM

LMAO That's great. I hate the Suckeyes. They're Kansas East - backing into games they don't deserve because they didn't play anybody (except the one good team that beat them).

BigRock 07-22-2008 02:43 PM

He already backed off and put out a "I really respect Ohio State and all their fans" statement. Pussy.

Simply Red 07-22-2008 02:48 PM

I like C. Palmer.

Bowser 07-22-2008 03:05 PM

Somebody needs to parole him out of Cinci.

El Jefe 07-22-2008 03:21 PM

He is a freakin idiot. Who do you think is paying for your paycheck Moron? Half the reason there are so many Buckeye fans is because we don't have a Pro-Team in Ohio, so Ohio State is our pride and joy because they have won a championship and are competiting every year (ok here comes GayManDakCm or whatever his name is). Carson Palmer is going to lose a lot of fans for this, you should of heard the talk shows in central Ohio this morning. First off Carson you aren't even very good, maybe if you didn't suck last year people would actually care what you think and not Boo you during games. Like a lifetime bengal fan said on a talk show this morning, "I hope he gets his leg broken and traded, go back to Cali, we don't want you".

evolve27 07-22-2008 03:24 PM

We need some C. Palmer.

Bowser 07-22-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsfanGoLJ (Post 4861487)
He is a freakin idiot. Who do you think is paying for your paycheck Moron? Half the reason there are so many Buckeye fans is because we don't have a Pro-Team in Ohio, so Ohio State is our pride and joy because they have won a championship and are competiting every year (ok here comes GayManDakCm or whatever his name is). Carson Palmer is going to lose a lot of fans for this, you should of heard the talk shows in central Ohio this morning. First off Carson you aren't even very good, maybe if you didn't suck last year people would actually care what you think and not Boo you during games. Like a lifetime bengal fan said on a talk show this morning, "I hope he gets his leg broken and traded, go back to Cali, we don't want you".

LMAO

Mecca 07-22-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

He's not very good? What?

I'm pretty sure everyone here would love to have Carson Palmer....actually most teams in the league save a handful would love to have him.

Rooster 07-22-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Half the reason there are so many Buckeye fans is because we don't have a Pro-Team in Ohio,

ROFL ROFL That is great. :D

El Jefe 07-22-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4861522)
He's not very good? What?

I'm pretty sure everyone here would love to have Carson Palmer....actually most teams in the league save a handful would love to have him.

I watch almost every game every year, because I only have basic cable. He sucked last year he was overthrowing recievers all the time, he just looked terrible. Seriously you don't have to be great to throw the ball to Chad Johnson, TJ, and Chris Henry, if you get it close to them they will catch it. I would hate to see Palmer as a Chief, he is very immobile and would get his knee broke again. Immobile+bad O-line=bad combination for your health.

Mecca 07-22-2008 03:47 PM

Yea I'd have to have a good young QB, that would totally suck, rather have Brodie Croyle.