ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jeff Chadiha Interviewed on 810 this morning -Interesting bits about Cassel and OC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255513)

DaneMcCloud 10-10-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8999232)
Firing Peterson in 2007 would have been premature. They were a year removed from a playoff appearance.

He fired Peterson at exactly the right time.

I disagree.

While I was and am extremely happy with the 2008 draft, I'm of the opinion that Clark should have cleaned house immediately and begun a new era. Instead, he extended the era, which IMO, has only been further extended under Pioli.

Clark's going to need to bust his ass to get this next move right.

Rausch 10-10-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8999250)
I disagree.

While I was and am extremely happy with the 2008 draft, I'm of the opinion that Clark should have cleaned house immediately and begun a new era. Instead, he extended the era, which IMO, has only been further extended under Pioli.

Clark's going to need to bust his ass to get this next move right.

I hate to agree with GoChiefs but I do.

He was 2-2 with HC's, drafted some HOF players, and there was a chance to believe in him going against the grain and hiring an offensive guy in DV.

It didn't work.

We moved on.

I honestly think when rebuilding the HC should get 3 years and the GM 4.

Well, both have happened and we're seeing the same results as the day they got here. Time for the GM to leave as well...

DaneMcCloud 10-10-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8999272)
I hate to agree with GoChiefs but I do.

He was 2-2 with HC's, drafted some HOF players, and there was a chance to believe in him going against the grain and hiring an offensive guy in DV.

It didn't work.

We moved on.

I honestly think when rebuilding the HC should get 3 years and the GM 4.

Well, both have happened and we're seeing the same results as the day they got here. Time for the GM to leave as well...

I argued with a few friends (outside of this forum) that Herm deserved to keep his job in 2008, due to the "Youth Movement" and excellent 2008 draft, in which he and Kuharich took personnel decisions from Carl.

That said, the time for Clark to cut the cord, IMO, was 2007. While CP had a phenomenal ten year run, his final ten years ruined any chance of a legacy in Kansas City.

whoman69 10-10-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8999311)
I argued with a few friends (outside of this forum) that Herm deserved to keep his job in 2008, due to the "Youth Movement" and excellent 2008 draft, in which he and Kuharich took personnel decisions from Carl.

That said, the time for Clark to cut the cord, IMO, was 2007. While CP had a phenomenal ten year run, his final ten years ruined any chance of a legacy in Kansas City.

I always hated when someone back then said we were on a youth movement. If you're on a youth movement you try to sign young players that will be your future. They got young guys that were warm bodies to fill out the roster. We had so many guys on that team that should have never been in the NFL.

DaneMcCloud 10-10-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8999737)
I always hated when someone back then said we were on a youth movement. If you're on a youth movement you try to sign young players that will be your future. They got young guys that were warm bodies to fill out the roster. We had so many guys on that team that should have never been in the NFL.

Like who?

chiefzilla1501 10-10-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8999737)

Herm pushed for Croyle to start over Huard -- the wrong QB, but youth nonetheless. He cut Surtain and started Carr and Flowers as rookies. He cut Wiegmann for Niswanger (again, wrong guy, but youth nonetheless). He gave Tank and Turk a lot of playing time and played Pollard and Page over established vets like Knight and Wesley. And when everybody insisted that he wait for Branden Albert to learn the Left Tackle position, he started him right away.

It took guts for Herm to do what he did. He could have played veterans and saved his job, but he instead committed to playing youth, even if that meant losing.

Bad coach, but he put this team in a much better place.

whoman69 10-10-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8999796)
Like who?

Pat Thomas
DuJuan Morgan
Tyrone Brackenridge
Weston Dacus
Ricardo Colclough
Will Franklin
Brian Johnston
Oliver Celestin
Tommy Jackson

There were probably more that were picked up and cut. That's just a cursory run through. We had tons of players we brought in that year.

chiefzilla1501 10-10-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9000138)
Pat Thomas
DuJuan Morgan
Tyrone Brackenridge
Weston Dacus
Ricardo Colclough
Will Franklin
Brian Johnston
Oliver Celestin
Tommy Jackson

There were probably more that were picked up and cut. That's just a cursory run through. We had tons of players we brought in that year.

I think you're being a little critical if we're going to get upset over those players, mostly late round picks and bargain basement guys, not panning out.

The youth movement had some failures like Niswanger and Croyle. It also got Albert, Flowers, Carr, and others quality "young guy" reps. Most importantly, it cleaned up the cap and set the table for a GM to be successful.

Herm helped KC immensely. Even if you don't like him as a coach.

DaneMcCloud 10-10-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9000138)
Pat Thomas
DuJuan Morgan
Tyrone Brackenridge
Weston Dacus
Ricardo Colclough
Will Franklin
Brian Johnston
Oliver Celestin
Tommy Jackson

JFC.

DaJuan Morgan was a third round draft choice in 2008. Franklin was a 4th, Johnston a 6th. Are you telling me that they should have been cut in training camp?

LMAO

Brackenridge was signed in 2006 and Dacus in 2007. You know, special teamers and developmental players. Every team needs them.

Colclough was a former starter for the Steelers, Browns and Panthers. He was far from "young" during his 2008 stint.

You're going to need to better than this to prove your point.