ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics If you are in the market for a larger size TV... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272781)

The Bad Guy 05-04-2013 09:51 PM

If you are in the market for a larger size TV...

Do yourself a big favor and purchase the Panasonic TCP65ST60. Holy mother of god. It's the best picture on any TV I've ever had. Just spectacular.

CNet gave it the highest rating it's ever given a TV.

It's not cheap, but reasonably priced for the quality.

The 70 inch Sharp I purchased 4 months ago couldn't be fixed and thankfully Sharp allowed me to return it. The motion blur on the Aquos Quattron was god damn horrendous.

Kidd Lex 05-04-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9658058)
Do yourself a big favor and purchase the Panasonic TCP65ST60. Holy mother of god. It's the best picture on any TV I've ever had. Just spectacular TV.

CNet gave it the highest rating it's ever given a TV.

It's not cheap, but reasonably priced for the quality.

The 70 inch Sharp I purchased 4 months ago couldn't be fixed and thankfully Sharp allowed me to return the TV. The motion blur on the Aquos Quattron was god damn horrendous.

I bought the tcp65vt50, un****ing believable tv. Sounds like this is the next gen, albeit one step below version wise, one full gen head.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-04-2013 10:25 PM

What size, TBG? That's awesome

Kidd Lex 05-04-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9658129)
What size, TBG? That's awesome

65 inch

Miles 05-05-2013 01:27 AM

I have the 55" of the ST50 generation and have been really impressed with it. The ST line of Panasonic plasmas are an incredible value.

Just one tip that has been an issue with mine is image retention. I have a habit of watching Sportscenter and ESPN News as my default channels for background TV and occasionally falling asleep and leaving it on all night. I have noticed some bad image retention at times from the bottom bar that stays on even during commercials with ESPN News.

Miles 05-05-2013 01:33 AM

Also, if you have not already done so, you may consider messing with the calibration settings with some of those posted on specialty sites. It made a big difference with my ST 50 but not sure on the ST60's.

This was one I found on avsforum with a quick search:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1466823/cu...re-you-guys-go

Highdefjunkies.com is a great resource for those. Try searching for a poser d-nice.

The Bad Guy 05-05-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 9658361)
I have the 55" of the ST50 generation and have been really impressed with it. The ST line of Panasonic plasmas are an incredible value.

Just one tip that has been an issue with mine is image retention. I have a habit of watching Sportscenter and ESPN News as my default channels for background TV and occasionally falling asleep and leaving it on all night. I have noticed some bad image retention at times from the bottom bar that stays on even during commercials with ESPN News.

Thanks for the tip.

I actually did use those calibration settings that you posted prior. They are freaking excellent.

Rausch 05-05-2013 08:37 AM

I guess a good thread for this question. Here in about 4-6 months we'll be debt free (save college loans) and it's time for a new TV.

I want to have wireless connection (from PC to TV) and wondering what the best solution is. Are there any stand-alone options or do you just have to make sure you have a bluetooth/wireless set?

Canofbier 05-05-2013 08:53 AM

I bought this TV a couple weeks ago, and I'm very happy with it. Fantastic picture and features for the price.

Kidd Lex 05-05-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9658612)
I bought this TV a couple weeks ago, and I'm very happy with it. Fantastic picture and features for the price.

Do they still make the vt versions?

notorious 05-05-2013 09:11 AM

Good to see another Panasonic fan. I own a 42 and a 55. Perfect TV's.

DJJasonp 05-05-2013 02:34 PM

Yep....I have GT version, 60".

Previously had a Samsung LED......and at first, was a little leery of plasma.

Now that I have gotten used to the Panasonic......the LED doesnt look "real" to me anymore.

Couldnt be happier with the purchase.

Baby Lee 05-05-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9658595)
I guess a good thread for this question. Here in about 4-6 months we'll be debt free (save college loans) and it's time for a new TV.

I want to have wireless connection (from PC to TV) and wondering what the best solution is. Are there any stand-alone options or do you just have to make sure you have a bluetooth/wireless set?

Blutetooth works great. mine is hampered a bit by wire mesh in the lathe and plkaster walls, but I get 80% at about 15 yards P2P. I would suggest fully vetting HW SW for easy to use interface. Plain old Windows 7 file sharing can be a little labrynthine depending on metadata [ie, hard to find your shows depending on how it is categorized].

Also, I have never been able to get fully uncompressed HD content to transfer over bluetooth. Too much bandwidth [these are files that run 8.5 Gb @ hour].

007 05-05-2013 08:05 PM

I have the 50" non 3D plasma and I absolutely LOVE IT.

lewdog 05-05-2013 10:14 PM

Damn, that looks simply amazing. If I wasn't saving as much money as I can for a down payment on a house, I would definitely look into this. I have heard bad things about Plasma in the past but those who have them seem to love them and their crystal clear and real looking color. I have heard you need a dark room to get the most out of a Plasma picture though but don't know if that is true? But living in Arizona, no room is really ever dark in the day.