ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Poilian says no QB worthy of #1. Chiefs can find one later (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270273)

RunKC 02-22-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9425410)
Does Manuel have a strong arm....?

Yes. That's one of his strengths actually.

RyFo18 02-22-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9425417)
If you think Kevin Kolb had the potential for an elite QB, I don't know what to tell you. That's even more stupid.

You can't mold a gold statue from a pile of shit.

I was actually not high on Kevin Kolb at all at the time and thought that AZ was dumb to trade for him. I was simply stating I thought he played well under Reid. He had his good games and bad games, but as it stands, he was just pretty meh.

He showed something that AZ wanted though. Who knows.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9425446)
I was actually not high on Kevin Kolb at all at the time and thought that AZ was dumb to trade for him. I was simply stating I thought he played well under Reid. He had his good games and bad games, but as it stands, he was just pretty meh.

He showed something that AZ wanted though. Who knows.

Arizona was desperate. The were dealing with post Warner/Leinart fallout.

Mosbonian 02-22-2013 11:58 AM

So I will ask this just for general argument purposes...

What if we draft Geno and he turns out to be more Jamarcus Russell and Vince Young than RG3 or Russell Wilson?

Do we all flame ourselves for thinking there is no other pick but him that makes sense?

Mr_Tomahawk 02-22-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 9425483)

What if we draft Geno and he turns out to be more Jamarcus Russell and Vince Young than RG3 or Russell Wilson?

Do we all flame ourselves for thinking there is no other pick but him that makes sense?

There is no chance this happens. /CP

O.city 02-22-2013 12:01 PM

I'll still be all Neosporin'd up from the CHiefs actually taking a QB in the first round, it won't matter to me what happens. Unless Neosporin is flammable

Valiant 02-22-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9424867)
So you think there will be 5/6 QBs taken in rd 1 ?

Wilson is the 6th rated QB.

With the rookie slotting now? Yes.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

There's plenty of people here that are capable of admitting they were wrong.

Contrary to popular belief, this place isn't rigid and unapologetic.

Deberg_1990 02-22-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

He very well could bust. If it happens, you get back on the horse and draft another 1st round QB in a few years. You do it again and again until you get it right.

KCUnited 02-22-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9425492)
I'll still be all Neosporin'd up from the CHiefs actually taking a QB in the first round, it won't matter to me what happens. Unless Neosporin is flammable

Try switching to Betadine, I experienced some positive results after a Geno Youtube montage.

tony77 02-22-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9425429)
Yes. That's one of his strengths actually.

I like manuel alot.

tony77 02-22-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9425506)
He very well could bust. If it happens, you get back on the horse and draft another 1st round QB in a few years. You do it again and again until you get it right.

Dude that sounds all great . But do you really wanna take a chance on dieing or close to death before the chiefs when a sb?

htismaqe 02-22-2013 12:15 PM

ROFL

And to think I thought Petro had an epiphany.

Now he's talking about it being "likely" that MATT CASSEL is the starter next year.

And he'd be FINE with it.

Mosbonian 02-22-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9425501)
There's plenty of people here that are capable of admitting they were wrong.

Contrary to popular belief, this place isn't rigid and unapologetic.

Uhhh....that sometimes depends on the day and the topic. :)

I'm not in either camp honestly....not against the choice if that is what we do. I will say that it probably hurts more when your 1st rd draft pick busts and he is a QB.

I will say it has been a bit fun being in the center of all the traffic here in Indy....seen quite a few familiar faces. And contrary to popular belief people in the NFL don't just stand around and chat about players just anywhere in general.

I saw a couple of guys, who by their credentials i could tell were from the teams who were walking back to the hotel after some meetings....what they were chatting about was hilarious. Something you wouldn't think about football people talking about.

DTLB58 02-22-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9424876)
So is there some sort of cosmic insult that will occur if the Chiefs take a QB with the first overall pick? With the rookie pay scale in place the chance of a first round pick handcuffing a team from a salary cap perspective is reduced so why not take a QB?

Please explain to me the term worthy as it relates to the Chiefs and a QB at #1 overall.

No, if the chiefs take a QB everyone will slobber all over it because of the need and cause Reid can coach them up. But for the time being its not the in thing to do because the masses don't see it that way.