ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV So....my Samsung TV won't turn on (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294730)

aturnis 09-26-2015 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11740973)
Got a 60" Vizio at Sam's Club.

I will miss you, perfect Samsung. :deevee:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That's what I did after my son smashed my Samsung with a toy when he was 2. Worst decision I've ever made. Just out of warranty, it developed three vertical discolored lines on the left side of the screen. **** VIZIO.

Actually, **** ANY TV from Walmart. They have lower quality sets built specifically for them so that they can have the lowest price. Same model number etc, but not the same TV. **** Walmart.

aturnis 09-26-2015 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11741498)
Swear to god, the guy who just picked up my old 65" fit it in his mid-size sedan. LMAO

I have no idea how he drove it. The thing was wedged in the front seat through the back, over the seats.

How much you get for it?

aturnis 09-26-2015 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 11741815)
Downsized yes downgraded I dont think so. Samsung is maybe the worst support of any electronics in the business. There TVs have all kinds of problems and complaints as long as King Kong's arms. They never answered or did anything about there faulty plasma panels in the past. They would heat up and vertical dead pixels would start and multiply till the picture was unwatchable. All kinds of class action suits out there but being a Korean Company they seem to not care that the product was shitty. Visio on the other hand has some of the best support out there and there LCD panels are first rate along with picture.

Back when I got mine, they had the lowest failure rate and highest customer service satisfaction of all television companies. Maybe that's changed?

aturnis 09-26-2015 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11742040)
If you're going 4k, go for the Sony. It's amazing.

I hated Sony tru motion. Made everything look so fake and also a lot of motions were jumpy. Is tru motion still a thing for them?

Miles 09-26-2015 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 11755427)
I hated Sony tru motion. Made everything look so fake and also a lot of motions were jumpy. Is tru motion still a thing for them?

The processing to try and help with motion blur has been around for almost as long as LCD TVs since that is one of the weaknesses of the tech. I always turn it off and things look normal vs. awful when its on.

However, some of the latest TVs seem to finally have the processing power to make it work where it doesn't make everything look artificial. Current Sony and Samsung flagships can do it but honestly I never noticed the blur with smaller LCD TVs.

DaveNull 09-26-2015 07:59 AM

This thread makes me happy that I got one of the last plasmas last year.

notorious 09-26-2015 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 11755544)
This thread makes me happy that I got one of the last plasmas last year.

Sigh.

We have Panasonic plasmas in every room, but I know the clock is ticking.

I hope OLED tech becomes reasonable soon, or Panasonic figures out that they can completely control a segment of the market and build plasmas again.

Maybe Plasmas are like records and tube amps. It's all in our heads.

Miles 09-26-2015 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11755565)
Sigh.

We have Panasonic plasmas in every room, but I know the clock is ticking.

I hope OLED tech becomes reasonable soon, or Panasonic figures out that they can completely control a segment of the market and build plasmas again.

Maybe Plasmas are like records and tube amps. It's all in our heads.

Plasma is very dead but it still takes an upper end LCD to beat one of the Panasonics (recently replaced my Panasonic in living room). Seems like OLED is still a year or two off from being somewhat reasonable in cost but should be pretty great.

DaveNull 09-26-2015 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 11755639)
Plasma is very dead but it still takes an upper end LCD to beat one of the Panasonics (recently replaced my Panasonic in living room). Seems like OLED is still a year or two off from being somewhat reasonable in cost but should be pretty great.

Agreed. The best TV to buy right now is none at all.

mdchiefsfan 09-27-2015 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 11755423)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That's what I did after my son smashed my Samsung with a toy when he was 2. Worst decision I've ever made. Just out of warranty, it developed three vertical discolored lines on the left side of the screen. **** VIZIO.

Actually, **** ANY TV from Walmart. They have lower quality sets built specifically for them so that they can have the lowest price. Same model number etc, but not the same TV. **** Walmart.

:spock: I call BS. I think you had an unfortunate situation that doesn't reflect on Visio what-so-ever. I've had my 32" Vizio in my bedroom for 11 years, still works great. I was so happy with it I bought a 55" 3D M-series Vizio and get nothing but compliments on it. I am quite satisfied with Vizio. Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

aturnis 09-27-2015 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11756768)
:Spock: I call BS. I think you had an unfortunate situation that doesn't reflect on Visio what-so-ever. I've had my 32" Vizio in my bedroom for 11 years, still works great. I was so happy with it I bought a 55" 3D M-series Vizio and get nothing but compliments on it. I am quite satisfied with Vizio. Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

I will say, stories similar to mine run rampant in the internet.

mdchiefsfan 09-27-2015 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 11756779)
I will say, stories similar to mine run rampant in the internet.

:shrug: guess I'm the lucky one

SAUTO 09-27-2015 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11752845)
No kidding.

I wonder if I can expense it since it's from a hardware store..........

You don't have an office? Every office needs a tv

notorious 09-27-2015 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11756879)
You don't have an office? Every office needs a tv

I can put one in my car hauler.

For 5 minutes.

I will then come to the reality that a 75" TV in a car hauler is not a good idea, and buy it from my company for $1.

Sometimes you just have to take a loss for bad decisions. :shrug:

Perineum Ripper 09-28-2015 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11756870)
:shrug: guess I'm the lucky one

Maybe I an too..I have a 32" Vizio that I bought 8 almost 9 years ago that works perfectly..has made a move across the country in the back of a car and still works great..bought a 47" about 5 years ago and it works great..never has trouble with either one

I will be buying a 60" Vizio for Christmas to myself