ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc What do I do? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275052)

Rasputin 08-03-2013 09:48 PM

Fathers deserve to get the kids too. I have no sympathy for her if she loses custody of them kids.

It is devastating I know that, but it is about time the courts are fair to dads. She can get over her self pity pot and be supportive of the kids anyways by paying child support and get visit time with them.

mr. tegu 08-03-2013 10:04 PM

In a situation like this, in which she is facing a life changing moment, suical thoughts are not uncommon, especially for people who tend to exaggerate or are black and white thinkers. At the time she sees no other possible outcome and additionally a threat like this is sure to garner attention and is a way for her to try to get her way. Now we know this threat wont help but she is not thinking rationally about the situation. Suicidal thoughts should be addressed and worked on, not suppressed. So suggesting a hotline or a counselor would be the best thing for her.

Unless she starts saying how she will do it and has plans laid out, such as the method, place, time, etc. you wouldn't want to get someone involved such as the police that may require she be put on constant or surveillance in a hospital. People will say they want to do it, but when they try to make that leap they typically fail. About 4-5% are all that actually go through with it and are "successful." So keeping an eye out for anything that resembles a plan in individuals is something that should make you want to utilize more invasive actions to help the person.

SomeRandomGirl 08-03-2013 10:08 PM

Try to persuade her to call and talk to someone.
Suicide Prevention

National Hopeline Center (800) SUICIDE (784-2433) A 24-hour hot line, plus support and information for people suffering from all types of depression, including depression during pregnancy and postpartum depression.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800) 273-TALK (273-8255) (800) 799-4TTY (799-4889) "The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline a national 24-hour and toll-free suicide prevention service available to all those in suicidal crisis who are seeking help. [Callers] will be routed to the closest possible provider of mental health and suicide prevention services. The network is composed of over 115 individual crisis centers across the country.

threebag 08-03-2013 10:12 PM

Be a Gentleman and be her stunt double.

Shogun 08-03-2013 10:12 PM

http://www.datfeel.com/drupal/sites/...?itok=2e1HHbAw

Eleazar 08-03-2013 10:12 PM

I knew before I even scrolled down the first post would be PIIHB

Titty Meat 08-03-2013 10:13 PM

I contacted some of her friends on Facebook and let them know what was said to me. Its the best I can do I guess.

ghak99 08-03-2013 10:15 PM

Why are there no pics in this thread yet?

Demonpenz 08-03-2013 10:20 PM

People who are going to kill themselves don't tell anyone because they don't want to be talked out of it.

Frazod 08-03-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9857038)
People who are going to kill themselves don't tell anyone because they don't want to be talked out of it.

This. People who want attention threaten suicide. People who really want to die just do it.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08-03-2013 10:27 PM

Billay is a Facebook creep. Never would have guessed...

lewdog 08-03-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9857051)
This. People who want attention threaten suicide. People who really want to die just do it.

It's true. I've known a handful of kids I grew up with who took their lives. Not one person saw it coming. And nothing even close to someone threatening they were going to do it.

bevischief 08-04-2013 01:31 AM

Call the Police.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 08-04-2013 03:46 AM

The renewed hope that is Tyler Bray has left this place less dark. True fans are winning!

CrazyPhuD 08-04-2013 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9857028)
I contacted some of her friends on Facebook and let them know what was said to me. Its the best I can do I guess.

I would say call the cops and you would do it not because of her but because of her kids.

The problem is, unless they're in one of about 5 states there may be little or nothing that can be done by them.(it probably doesn't hurt to call the local PDs non emergency line to ask if there is something that can be done).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Involun...#United_States

This is one of the few cases when I'd say that something CA or FL does might actually be good. They provide a mechanism where the police can take someone deemed to be in imminent danger to themselves or someone else and place them under a 72hr psychiatric hold. In short they would be evaluated by doctors for up to 72hours.

If it was determined that the problem was serious they could be committed for longer. As shitty an option as that is, I'd rather have a friend of mine hate me for the remainder of their life than a child lose their parent. Yes she may not be the worlds best parent right now but things can improve and she can get joint custody at a later date.

I'd bet your not in one of the 5 listed states which gives you less options. Honestly the question is, how badly do you want to make sure she doesn't do it? About all you may be able to do is be there for her and this likely means alot. I.e. talking to them potentially every day to see how they are doing. Visiting them to let them know that they are not alone and that things will get better.

Letting her now that even if she loses them now, if she improves and gets her life in order she might be able to get joint custody later. Realistically it could require A LOT of time on your part to make sure she's in a healthy place or to get her to seek out treatment. It's about how badly you want to make sure she doesn't do it.

But on the plus side if you really do put in a ton of time you probably would be able to PIIHB at some point. The downside is that she could go psycho on you after.