ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9259623)
look man, you're allowing yourself to overrate and over state Geno Smith's value. History tells us that several QB's in this draft will unpleasantly surprise everyone. So, this is what you have in mind?

Best Case Scenario: Chiefs draft Geno and he's about Cam Newton good. So, Chiefs win 6 games next year, score more points and look competent?

I'm giving you best case scenario of what happens if the Chiefs select Geno #1 overall. Using Newton as an example is a huge stretch because Cam is a VASTLY superior prospect to G Smith. Not even in the same Universe.

And thank you for providing absolutely nothing. You don't want Geno, but you're a complete chicken shit hiding behind a mult tag, too gutless to make a call on who you think is worthy of the #1 draft pick or what the Chiefs should do in terms of their QB situation.

Chicken shit.

Molitoth 12-31-2012 01:52 PM

Why can't all of these mults post on their main account? If your opinion is so Right, then why be ashamed of it?
There are going to be 2 sets of groups:

The people who are right about Geno being good.
The people who are right about Geno being a bust.

You have a 50% chance. Quit being a pussy.

Bowser 12-31-2012 01:57 PM

And all of this being said, Geno is still head and shoulders above the three floating QB turds we have on the roster now, and that is even taking into account that he has never faced an NFL defense in his entire playing career.

Pin Head 12-31-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9259646)
And thank you for providing absolutely nothing. You don't want Geno, but you're a complete chicken shit hiding behind a mult tag, too gutless to make a call on who you think is worthy of the #1 draft pick or what the Chiefs should do in terms of their QB situation.

Chicken shit.

If I were GM, I'd take a bluechip defender with the 1st overall. I'd take a WR in round 2, trade a 6th for Matt Flynn, suck in 2013 and take Terry Bridgewater or perhaps another emerging QB in 2014.

Imon Yourside 12-31-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9259710)
If I were GM, I'd take a bluechip defender with the 1st overall. I'd take a WR in round 2, trade a 6th for Matt Flynn, suck in 2013 and take Terry Bridgewater or perhaps another emerging QB in 2014.

See that red dot below your post count? it will increase in red, invest away!

Simplicity 12-31-2012 02:00 PM

Number 1 fan.

ModSocks 12-31-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9259697)
And all of this being said, Geno is still head and shoulders above the three floating QB turds we have on the roster now, and that is even taking into account that he has never faced an NFL defense in his entire playing career.

Right.

And the debate shouldn't be whether or not the Chiefs should take a QB#1. That is obvious. To those who can't see what their biggest need is, i am sorry for you.

The only debate we should be having is WHO that Qb is.

To those who say there is no Qb worth drafting.....well...you haven't been paying attention to the NFL.

A QB will emerge as the favorite as the months go by. The only question is, which qb will it be.

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 02:02 PM

[QUOTE=Detoxing;9259572]
Quote:

What would've been efficient? Have i NOT stated this enough yet?

0-10 on 3rd down is not efficient.

0-2 on 4th Down is not efficient.
So, 12 times they didn't convert. Geno goes 16/24. Are all 8 of his incompletions on these downs?

Is it his specific audibles on third and fourth downs that ruin WVU's chances at a first?

Quote:

Fumbling the ball in the end zone is not efficient.
Neither is the offensive line letting four guys through before he can get into his drop back.

Quote:

taking sacks for safties after your struggling defense gets a takeaway is NOT efficient.
See above. And you are saying the second safety wasn't an illegal leg whip?

Quote:

Yes, Geno fell flat on his face. He was expecting to create seperation between he and the next QB. Did he do that? No, he didn't.
And this is why I mentioned Nassib, WVU's pass defense and the weather. But you don't seem to care about any of that, just that Geno "fell on his face" in this game.

Oh, and by the way, who is the "next QB" in your estimation?

Quote:

The Majority of CP tuned in to see if he could do it. He didn't.
Do what? Forced to make downfield passes in the snow and wind? Once Syracuse established the run and virtually were scoring at will with the run, then WVU's only option was the downfield pass. In that weather. With the Syracuse blitz turned up to 11 at that point.

But, yeah, Geno really ****ed up by not passing for 500 yards and 4 TDs in that game. Now I see your point.

Quote:

He was GIVEN chances by his atrocious defense and he failed.
Are you ****ing serious? Did you watch the game at all? His defense gave him chances? Like when they failed to stop the run at all, let Syracuse pound it down their throats and dominate the time of possession? Those chances?

Talk about trying to argue with a drunk...

Molitoth 12-31-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

A 6th is NOT going to get Matt Flynn.

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Who is that "bluechip" defender you are going to take mult?

And Terry Bridgewater is better than Geno?

Really?

Molitoth 12-31-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

A QB will emerge as the favorite as the months go by. The only question is, which qb will it be.
Also, WHAT system to put that QB in. For Instance: If Geno Smith is the guy, you pretty damn well pair him with a OC that is going to utilize his talents in the correct manner.

Pin Head 12-31-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9259697)

Now that's an excuse for losers of the 2-14 variety...

Molitoth 12-31-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9259824)
Now that's an excuse for losers of the 2-14 variety...

Yet you want to spend the #1 overall on a defensive player and trade for Matt Flynn.

That is the same thing this team has done for decades and yet you still want to continue with that plan.

Pin Head 12-31-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9259791)
Also, WHAT system to put that QB in. For Instance: If Geno Smith is the guy, you pretty damn well pair him with a OC that is going to utilize his talents in the correct manner.

But it's simply not that easy and the Chiefs aren't even close. The road is much longer and tougher..will require a few drafts without major mistakes.

Molitoth 12-31-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9259992)
But it's simply not that easy and the Chiefs aren't even close. The road is much longer and tougher..will require a few drafts without major mistakes.

You start with the QB position and build the team around him.

Or are you still watching 1980's football?

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

They've got two good tackles and a promising interior offensive line.

They've got the second best running back in the NFL.

They've got a very good receiver in Bowe.

They've got three top ten (11) young players on the defensive line.

They've got very good rush ends in Hali and Houston.

They've got a very good ILB in Johnson.

They've got a very good CB in Flowers.

They've got a potentially very good safety in Berry.

And all these guys are young, but have experience.

A horrible attitude generated by Pioli, a horrible game plan and accountability by the coaching staff and the worst QB play in the NFL has held this team down.

fairladyZ 12-31-2012 03:04 PM

1 of those top DE's is a free agent
our 1 good receiver is a free agent.
our 1 good tackle is a free agent. winston sucks, stephenson did ok.
our punter team MVP is a free agent.

another 1 of those top de's is slated to get 14millon this year. he very well may be cut if a restructure can't be agreed upon.

Our #2 corner.. we'll we don't have 1 so teams just throw away from flowers and they march down the field.

Our other ILB sucks so we have to bring that stud Safety to the LOS to help stop the run. Which leaves our #2 safety back to cover and he can't, and he can't tackle either so we can't swap the 2.

Our 2 good rush linebackers just vanish against an average O-Line.

QB is not our only need. but it is a need. so which is the biggest?

Nightfyre 12-31-2012 03:15 PM

That's the other side of the coin. If the 2013 qb class sucks so bad, what will be said about the 2014 class, which is shaping up to gargle salty testicles.

ModSocks 12-31-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9260438)
That's the other side of the coin. If the 2013 qb class sucks so bad, what will be said about the 2014 class, which is shaping up to gargle salty testicles.

The same things that were said about every QB class aside from the 2012 class.

htismaqe 12-31-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Wrong wrong wrong. Multi-year rebuilds are a myth, period.

Pin Head 12-31-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9260008)
You start with the QB position and build the team around him.

Or are you still watching 1980's football?

Plug in Matt Flynn or Geno Smith, subtract Bowe and KC offense still sucks.

Yes, I'd take M T'eo. Since Jackson and Dorsey didn't workout, Star would be a good choice to address the D-line. Some talent on D but no depth and some huge holes in the starting lineup at S opposite Berry.

He looks like a future All Pro. Can't do much better than that with a #1 overall pick. As I said, I'd draft Star, the best WR in round 2 and the BPA at QB in round 3. That way, I'd get two highly rated players with my early picks, some QB that can keep the seat warm for the 2014 draft...hit on a few late round picks - good UFA work.

I'm trying to make this roster better, you're trying to fill a need with a reach. I don't know this QB class sucks, but I'm pretty sure it does and Geno Smith is mediocre (okay, but nothing special) like Chad Henne. If you'd rather have me use Chad Pennington I'd be glad to since I think Geno Smith is on that level as far as where he'd rate as a prospect (not comparing their styles, just their value. Geno Smith is presently rated around 25th best player in the draft looking at several draft guys (I don't call them experts) to guage his value. I woudn't reach for that with this #1 overall.

Molitoth 12-31-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Plug in Matt Flynn or Geno Smith, subtract Bowe and KC offense still sucks.
So you are in the opinion that the WR's make the QB, not the QB makes the WR's?

So Eric Decker and Demarius Thomas are making Peyton Manning look great?
So Tom Brady is great because he's throwing to the All Pro's like Branch?

Sigh.

So you wanna put more picks into the Dline, and then a WR, when you have no QB on your team?

Is this Scott Pioli I'm talking to?

Sorter 12-31-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9260773)

Sigh.

So you wanna put more picks into the Dline, and then a WR, when you have no QB on your team?

LMAO

Gravedigger 12-31-2012 04:15 PM

It's absolutely hilarious how after all these years of Dlineman that anyone can recommend Star on this board or in this fanbase. ILB and Dlineman will not make a lick of difference for the next 2 seasons, a QB will make the difference immediately. Maybe he wont pan out in two three or four years but he'll come in and make an instant impact. If the best years of a normal QB's career are his first few, IE Mark Sanchez, then get going while the gettins good. Save your bullshit pick Star or Manti comments for another board.

Pin Head 12-31-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9260773)

Sigh.

This draft is 2000. That's this one. There are no good QB's in this one. Of course you never know when KC will finally find a Russell wilson type, but that's like finding a needle in a haystack.

Geno Smith that guy isn't ready to plug in and play like RG3 or Luck. He'll need some seasoning and he isn't that level of talent.

Molitoth 12-31-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9260917)
This draft is 2000. That's this one. There are no good QB's in this one. Of course you never know when KC will finally find a Russell wilson type, but that's like finding a needle in a haystack.

Geno Smith that guy isn't ready to plug in and play like RG3 or Luck. He'll need some seasoning and he isn't that level of talent.

This draft is 2000 because a couple of media heads have said so and the word spread? The same douchebags who are claiming Glennon is the best QB in the draft? lolz

Was Aaron Rodgers being ranked like 24th best player correct?
Was Tom Brady being a 6th rounder correct?

The thing is dude, you never ****ing know... but with the importance of the QB position, YOU TAKE THE CHANCE.

htismaqe 12-31-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

ROFL

Is Bob ever going to run out of mulls?

Pasta Little Brioni 12-31-2012 04:40 PM

Great, another ****stick to kick around.

Molitoth 12-31-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9260946)
ROFL

Is Bob ever going to run out of mulls?

an IP ban would be nice.

RealSNR 12-31-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

This class sucks but Bridgewater and the other slapdicks in 2014 are worthy?

The QBs are here RIGHT NOW. We have our pick of any of them. What has this franchise suffered from from 2008-2011 supposedly? "No good QBs were available" is what we were told.

What is stopping our situation from worsening in 2014?

Get the QB when he's available. At #1 overall, we HAVE to take one

Pin Head 12-31-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9260329)
They've got two good tackles and a promising interior offensive line.

They've got the second best running back in the NFL.

They've got a very good receiver in Bowe.

They've got three top ten (11) young players on the defensive line.

They've got very good rush ends in Hali and Houston.

They've got a very good ILB in Johnson.

They've got a very good CB in Flowers.

They've got a potentially very good safety in Berry.

And all these guys are young, but have experience.

A horrible attitude generated by Pioli, a horrible game plan and accountability by the coaching staff and the worst QB play in the NFL has held this team down.

Great pass rusher in Houston. Bluechip. Red chips Hali, D Johnson, Berry and Flowers. I'm tempted to move Hali up but because the Chiefs are so horrible I can't. Solid LT in Alberts. Not great but a plus player. Young O linemen in Allen, Jon A and Hudson.

The Franchise 12-31-2012 04:44 PM

I swear to God.....we could have had the 1st overall pick last year and there would have been reeruns bitching about Luck or RGIII.

Nightfyre 12-31-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

This post is moronic on all sorts of levels. I want to wreck your soul.

Hey Bowe, Albert, other free agents:

WE want you to stay this year. Please sign here, Manti Teo will take us to the promised land. reerunED.

Sorter 12-31-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

How so? I think his ability to go through progressions quickly, accuracy, and his mobility make him an excellent fit in a ZBS that utilizes PA off of the stretch play.

His drops from center are fluid and quick and he can certainly get th7 on the stretch and run PA from it. Additionally, his ability to complete the deep ball greatly helps us in terms of PA and opening up the run game, as defenses will be less inclined to leav 9 in the box as they did for the past 4 years.

Sorter 12-31-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9260949)
an IP ban would be nice.

this

Tribal Warfare 12-31-2012 04:48 PM

Geno didn't do himself any favors, and ****ed his draft stock. Honestly, he'll need to tear it up at the Senior Bowl to gain back any momentum he had during the season.

silver5liter 12-31-2012 04:48 PM

Because of one game? come on

Nightfyre 12-31-2012 04:52 PM

For what? Eating a safety where the pocket completely collapsed around him? A safety resulting from an ERRONEOUS safety call? A botched center/qb exchange in snowy conditions when they haven't even played from under center all season? Jesus. You guys gonna butcher Tyler Wilson for his poor performance this season?

SAUTO 12-31-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9260986)
Geno didn't do himself any favors, and ****ed his draft stock. Honestly, he'll need to tear it up at the Senior Bowl to gain back any momentum he had during the season.

Whisper it
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare 12-31-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9260987)
Because of one game? come on

It's the last thing the scouts see until the Senior Bowl with questions about how well he plays against top competition this adds to the issue.

SAUTO 12-31-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9261023)
It's the last thing the scouts see until the Senior Bowl with questions about how well he plays against top competition this adds to the issue.

Please
Shut
The
Up
Posted via Mobile Device

silver5liter 12-31-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Had nothing to do with top competition. Did you watch the game? had more to do with the conditions then competition.

fairladyZ 12-31-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9261004)
For what? Eating a safety where the pocket completely collapsed around him? A safety resulting from an ERRONEOUS safety call? A botched center/qb exchange in snowy conditions when they haven't even played from under center all season? Jesus. You guys gonna butcher Tyler Wilson for his poor performance this season?

Situational awareness, you take the snap in the Endzone see free runners and you try to sidestep them? I remember a play this season matt cassel took a snap in the endzone, had free rushers and he dropped the ball and took off trying to escape and he got ridiculed to hell for it. But geno does a BS sidestep and he gets praised for trying to make something happen?
But you know what that kind of stuff happens you move on. And to geno's credit he did..

BUT THEN the pocket breaks down and he scrambles 10 yards back into the endzone and takes another one? I don't care if he was tripped, he shouldn't have put himself in that situation PERIOD! And then to run up and throw a fit in the officials face?

ya he didn't help his stock at ALL that game

Nightfyre 12-31-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9250477)
You wanna know why Geno was pissed?

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/cho...dard_730.0.gif

#13 is an eligible receiver AND he got tripped. Doubly bad call.

Quoted for the people who clearly just read the post-game and didn't watch.

Valid points:
1) Illegal trip brought him down.
2) He got rid of the ball, #13 is eligible receiver. Legal throw-away.
3) Flagged for intentional grounding.
4) Dropped back an extra two steps to evade pressure. Not 10 yards.

Pin Head 12-31-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9260975)
How so? I think his ability to go through progressions quickly, accuracy, and his mobility make him an excellent fit in a ZBS that utilizes PA off of the stretch play.

His drops from center are fluid and quick and he can certainly get th7 on the stretch and run PA from it. Additionally, his ability to complete the deep ball greatly helps us in terms of PA and opening up the run game, as defenses will be less inclined to leav 9 in the box as they did for the past 4 years.

Bowe is gone in FA mark it. Baldwin? Another clown that was way overdrafted as it turns out and will be overpaid AGAIN next year. What happened to Cam this year? He's regressed as D's have figured out ways to stop him. Now Carolina has what 6 wins and no playoffs. That is the Chiefs roadmap for 2013 and 2014...be lucky to get more than 12 wins in the next 32 games.

Nightfyre 12-31-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9261070)
Bowe is gone in FA mark it. Baldwin? Another clown that was way overdrafted as it turns out and will be overpaid AGAIN next year. What happened to Cam this year? He's regressed as D's have figured out ways to stop him. Now Carolina has what 6 wins and no playoffs. That is the Chiefs roadmap for 2013 and 2014...be lucky to get more than 12 wins in the next 32 games.

That 1.2 million for Baldwin will totally break the bank next year - dumbass.

WildTurkey 12-31-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9259528)
Good lord guys.

He made some good plays against Syracuse and he made some bad plays. Threw some good balls, stayed in the pocket a little too long at times and made the wrong pre snap reads.

It's wasn't an awful game, it wasn't a good game. It was an average game, which is fine.

This... I don't think his pinstripe bowl performance is going to affect his draft status up or down. There's enough tape of him out there that shows what he can do already. Every year around this time people overreact to bowl performances. Reminds me of all the anti Stafford rhetoric in 2009

Tribal Warfare 12-31-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9261038)
Had nothing to do with top competition. Did you watch the game? had more to do with the conditions then competition.

The worst thing you can do is make excuses for him.He had a bad game against a team he lost to 3 times prior to this. Geno had a bad game and that's it.

SAUTO 12-31-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9261098)
The worst thing you can do is make excuses for him.He had a bad game against a team he lost to 3 times prior to this. Geno had a bad game and that's it.

Yep. Those excuses are going to impact something
Posted via Mobile Device

Ebolapox 12-31-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

the QB whisperer whispereth.

fairladyZ 12-31-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9261061)
Quoted for the people who clearly just read the post-game and didn't watch.

Valid points:
1) Illegal trip brought him down.
2) He got rid of the ball, #13 is eligible receiver. Legal throw-away.
3) Flagged for intentional grounding.
4) Dropped back an extra two steps to evade pressure. Not 10 yards.

lol

#1 shouldn't have been in that situation PERIOD!
#2 Even IF he was legal again shouldn't have been in that situation!
#3 Shouldn't have been in that situation
#4 the LOS was the 9 yard line, he gets tripped almost 2 yrds deep. again shouldn't have been in that situation

and #5 the kid just doesn't have situational AWARENESS!

Nightfyre 12-31-2012 05:33 PM

So he's not supposed to try to evade pressure and make a play there? What exactly should he have done in that situation? (even giving you the benefit of infinite time to make the decision, a retroactive perspective and a birds-eye view of the play.)

BryanBusby 12-31-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 9261151)
lol

#1 shouldn't have been in that situation PERIOD!
#2 Even IF he was legal again shouldn't have been in that situation!
#3 Shouldn't have been in that situation
#4 the LOS was the 9 yard line, he gets tripped almost 2 yrds deep. again shouldn't have been in that situation

and #5 the kid just doesn't have situational AWARENESS!

Oh look we've got an expert here folks. You're right, he should of scrambled like a hoss on a snowy, shitty field and those defensive linemen weren't going to peel off the blocks from the epic WVU oline (lol) and destroy him.

Go back to AP.

Three7s 12-31-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9261185)
Oh look we've got an expert here folks. You're right, he should of scrambled like a hoss on a snowy, shitty field and those defensive linemen weren't going to peel off the blocks from the epic WVU oline (lol) and destroy him.

Go back to CC.

Fixed

(chiefscrowd)

Pin Head 12-31-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9260955)
This class sucks but Bridgewater and the other slapdicks in 2014 are worthy?

The QBs are here RIGHT NOW. We have our pick of any of them. What has this franchise suffered from from 2008-2011 supposedly? "No good QBs were available" is what we were told.

What is stopping our situation from worsening in 2014?

Get the QB when he's available. At #1 overall, we HAVE to take one

Someone has filled your young mind with visions of excellence. You want so much for the Chiefs to be good that you see a middling player and think he's great.

Terry Bridgewater is a lot closer to RG3 than Geno Smith is and thus worth the wait...but I'm a patient guy. The one that waits. You, on the otherhand have crazy hopes for a near term resurrection and that's not going to happen with Geno.

keg in kc 12-31-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9261272)
Someone has filled your young mind with visions of excellence. You want so much for the Chiefs to be good that you see a middling player and think he's great.

Terry Bridgewater is a lot closer to RG3 than Geno Smith is and thus worth the wait...but I'm a patient guy. The one that waits. You, on the otherhand have crazy hopes for a near term resurrection and that's not going to happen with Geno.

Teddy Bridgewater's brother?

fairladyZ 12-31-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9261168)
So he's not supposed to try to evade pressure and make a play there? What exactly should he have done in that situation? (even giving you the benefit of infinite time to make the decision, a retroactive perspective and a birds-eye view of the play.)

step up in the pocket, he had plenty of room to step up and get out of the tackle box. watch the gif over and over. he had MANY options other than dropping even FURTHER back and into the endzone.

aturnis 12-31-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

This draft is 2000. That's this one. There ared QB's in this one. Of course you never know when KC will finally find a Russell wilson type, but that's like finding a needle in a haystack.

He's rated higher than Russel Wilson was, or Dalton, or Cousins, or Foles.

RealSNR 12-31-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9261272)

Geno Smith doesn't approach the QB position remotely like RGIII you ****ing idiot

You remind me of the shitstains that pooh-poohed Stafford, Sanchez, and Freeman in 2009 because "2010 will have Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow".

Nightfyre 12-31-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 9261280)
step up in the pocket, he had plenty of room to step up and get out of the tackle box. watch the gif over and over. he had MANY options other than dropping even FURTHER back and into the endzone.

What pocket? Did you even watch the .gif I posted for you you booger eating moron?

Pasta Little Brioni 12-31-2012 06:05 PM

So, 2 random slapdicks sign up and go straight for the Geno thread. Suuuuuuuurely they aren't mults.

Pin Head 12-31-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9261278)
Teddy Bridgewater's brother?

Are you kidding me? This is rich! GenoManiacs are hiarious:)

Three7s 12-31-2012 06:06 PM

This is gonna continue all the way up to the draft.....

Bring em on!

fairladyZ 12-31-2012 06:09 PM

so your watching the gif and telling me in that gif before he ever takes a step back he can't move up and to either side? your telling me the 1 defender on the 7 that is double teamed, the 1 defender that is double teamed just to his right, and the 1 defender being blocked to his left and he has no where to go? are you ****ing kidding me? are you watching the gif?

Nightfyre 12-31-2012 06:10 PM

He and his left tackle cannot occupy the same space at the same time. That is physics. I can't make this any more simple or basic for you than laws of physics.

fairladyZ 12-31-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9261356)
He and his left tackle cannot occupy the same space at the same time. That is physics. I can't make this any more simple or basic for you than laws of physics.

WOW are you serious? watch it again, at the very start of the gif when geno sets his feet he has a choice to go forward and elude pressure, instead he hesitates and his left tackle gets pushed into him and he goes even further back into the endzone. and that was already well after the snap and he completed a 7 step drop and he doesn't have the situational awarness to say HMM the LOS is the 9, i took a 7 step drop and my left tackle is getting pushed into me so i shoudl probably step up and escape to the left or right?!?! Instead i'll try to tippy toe into the endzone and dance around 2 250+ defensive lineman?

And you guys claim he has great pocket awarness? comon dude seriously. Either A) you didn't watch the game in realtime like i did and know what went down on that play or B) you've got geno's balls so far down your throat all you can see is "chocolate"

Nightfyre 12-31-2012 06:18 PM

Unfortunately, you can't fix stupid. Well, bye.

Pin Head 12-31-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9261292)
Geno Smith doesn't approach the QB position remotely like RGIII you ****ing idiot

You remind me of the shitstains that pooh-poohed Stafford, Sanchez, and Freeman in 2009 because "2010 will have Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow".

I'm not comparing styles here. You've got it twisted. I am a Condor among men I also refuse to trade my clear eyed vision of the wider picture for the dusty eyed views of you GenoManiacs.:thumb:

fairladyZ 12-31-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9261397)
Unfortunately, you can't fix stupid. Well, bye.

what you can't understand your blatant fail in describing physics? Just watch teh gif that you think your so right on and you see an obvious lane he can run up. It's not like he had just got the ball and the defender had pushed his LT back 7 yards. He had plenty of time to recognize what was going on.

You admit i'm right in that gif that geno made a BAD mistake and i'll admit what i do and don't like about geno

Buckweath 12-31-2012 06:24 PM

My hat's off to you guys for trying to polish the turds.

CAnt wait to see Geno in red and yellow.

Nightfyre 12-31-2012 06:25 PM

I don't give a shit what you think about Geno.

fairladyZ 12-31-2012 06:30 PM

i figured that would be your answer.. so instead of acknowledging the fact you "don't give a shit". funny you gave a shit when i posted about geno's fail. but now that you've been proven wrong you don't give one.
Ok

Pin Head 12-31-2012 06:36 PM

Well, we'll just have to wait and watch to see how bad he is (probably not a total bust, however, he'll have no value.) just far from what you're hoping for in terms of impact with such a high pick.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-31-2012 06:37 PM

Bob, why do you hate black people so much?

kcpasco 12-31-2012 06:40 PM

Sigh
Why are so many people in this fanbase scared to draft a qb? I mean what's the worst that could happen? We continue to suck.
If I was drafting I would take a qb in every single round this year.

Pin Head 12-31-2012 06:45 PM

We are going to draft a QB and guess what? We're still going to suck...for quite sometime I'd add.

SAUTO 12-31-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9261510)
We are going to draft a QB and guess what? We're still going to suck...for quite sometime I'd add.

You will but we, or the chiefs either, won't
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc 12-31-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9261322)
Are you kidding me? This is rich! GenoManiacs are hiarious:)

I'm not the one who said Terry Bridgewater.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-31-2012 06:50 PM

Bob, go ahead and get that Bulldog avy up bud.

Dr. Gigglepants 12-31-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 9261496)
Sigh
Why are so many people in this fanbase scared to draft a qb? I mean what's the worst that could happen? We continue to suck.
If I was drafting I would take a qb in every single round this year.

Me and a long time buddy are pretty pissed at each other right now over a series of texts today. He keeps saying there aren't any franchise qb's in this draft. But when I ask him what we should do instead....crickets.

He just keeps saying it's a shitty year to have the number 1 overall pick, I'm saying it's never a bad year to have it. You get who you want. I think it's Geno, but he watched the Pinstripe Bowl and made his decision that he sucks and we shouldn't take him. I show him his stats for all 3 years in college and all of a sudden I'm "comparing him to Tom Brady."

What is so hard to understand about this? Geno may not be an absolute HOF QB, but I think he's the best in this class. It's our most glaring need, you know he'll be gone by the time our 2nd round pick comes around. Who else could we draft at #1 who CAN take us to the Super Bowl? ****ing no one. What if he turns into the next Jamarcus? Who cares, draft someone else in a couple years.

I think this fanbase really doesn't deserve to have a winning team.