ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   How would you stop the Charger's offense? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=127498)

Simplex3 10-27-2005 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
isn't that because philly's offense sucked and kept the chargers in the game?

Don't give any credit to the SD def.

Simplex3 10-27-2005 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieftain58
It all starts with LT, do the same thing as the Eagles did!!!!!!!

The Eagles lose that game without the luckiest bounce in the history of football.

Extra Point 10-27-2005 10:29 AM

Win by stopping the run. Stack on D-Line, tighten up CB's and bump receivers outside, bookend the DE's and make Brees the meat in a sh*t sandwich.

jspchief 10-27-2005 10:31 AM

Personally, I think winning this gam has more to do with our offense hitting on all cylinders than anything else. If we can score early and put the pressure on Brees, it will allow us to dictate what we do defensively.

SquirrellyBastard 10-27-2005 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
Personally, I think winning this gam has more to do with our offense hitting on all cylinders than anything else. If we can score early and put the pressure on Brees, it will allow us to dictate what we do defensively.

I agree..

Mr. Laz 10-27-2005 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
Don't give any credit to the SD def.

who said the diego defense doesn't deserve any credit?

the point was that IMO the philly defense did a good enough job to win the game.

if their offense had done better against the charger defense the game would of basically been over before the 4th quarter even began.

McNabb played terrible(with the help of the SD defense)

Kylo Ren 10-27-2005 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover
I would run the ball 30 times and keep them off the field.

YES!! EXACTLY!! Maybe we should run 40 times like Pittsburg. We've got two talented RBs that can chew up yard and the clock. I think our offense is just as potent when we focus on the run as it is when we focus on the pass. Sanders / Vermiel have to realize that we are a running team this year. Saunders should slow down with all of his fancy schmancy schemes and just pound the living daylighs out of the opponents.

Sam 10-27-2005 11:01 AM

LT2 typically doesn't run for much yardage against the Chiefs.

One game vs. KC last year, 21 carries 46 yds, longest run 14 yds. But, he scored 2 TD's.

Two games in `03, 32 carries 140 yds, longest run a 55 yarder and 1 TD.

All three games 20 receptions for 101 yds.

htismaqe 10-27-2005 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunther_Fan
YES!! EXACTLY!! Maybe we should run 40 times like Pittsburg. We've got two talented RBs that can chew up yard and the clock. I think our offense is just as potent when we focus on the run as it is when we focus on the pass. Sanders / Vermiel have to realize that we are a running team this year. Saunders should slow down with all of his fancy schmancy schemes and just pound the living daylighs out of the opponents.

The strength of the Chargers defense is up front, versus the run. The only weak link on their defense is in the backfield.

If we want to beat them, we're going to have to remain balanced and we're going to have to pass the ball down the field.

MOhillbilly 10-27-2005 11:35 AM

the other thing ive noticed about the chargers is that they love to bring all four down linemen full tilt-when they play the pass they play it all out.
With KC line this could REALLY hurt them.

a patient running game could earn some major yards.