ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2011-2012 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243389)

ArrowheadHawk 04-07-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 7546116)
Be interesting to see if some dominos start falling now (Anderson, Traylor, Simpson, Daniels)

Works for me.

Mr. Plow 04-08-2011 08:59 AM

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...ce?eref=fromSI

Knicks eye Calipari to coach, run front office

8:08 AM ET 04.08 | How would John Calipari play on Broadway? James Dolan's reluctance to pick up Knicks president Donnie Walsh's $5 million option for next season the moment the team qualified for the playoffs says it all about where this shadowy situation is headed. Instead of earning as little as that requisite reward from his boss (though a multi-year extension offer certainly wouldn't have been unreasonable), the person most responsible for reviving the franchise's relevance got the silent treatment and the cold shoulder, at least for public consumption. ... According to a team executive, who knows a thing or two about a thing or two regarding goings-on behind the screens, Dolan may have eyes for John Calipari ... to run the front office and coach.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-08-2011 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 7546981)
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...ce?eref=fromSI

Knicks eye Calipari to coach, run front office

8:08 AM ET 04.08 | How would John Calipari play on Broadway? James Dolan's reluctance to pick up Knicks president Donnie Walsh's $5 million option for next season the moment the team qualified for the playoffs says it all about where this shadowy situation is headed. Instead of earning as little as that requisite reward from his boss (though a multi-year extension offer certainly wouldn't have been unreasonable), the person most responsible for reviving the franchise's relevance got the silent treatment and the cold shoulder, at least for public consumption. ... According to a team executive, who knows a thing or two about a thing or two regarding goings-on behind the screens, Dolan may have eyes for John Calipari ... to run the front office and coach.

Again, I don't see Calipari leaving the position he is in just after two years... If he did not succeed/like the NBA and were to return to ncaabb, any position, other than the one he is currently in, would be a downgrade...

Mr. Plow 04-08-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 7546991)
Again, I don't see Calipari leaving the position he is in just after two years... If he did not succeed/like the NBA and were to return to ncaabb, any position, other than the one he is currently in, would be a downgrade...

I agree with that. If he were in 6/7/8th year, I could see him very seriously entertaining it, but not after only 2 years.

However, there have been some rumors that his wife only wants him coaching another 6-8 years and there have been some rumors that he wants another shot at the NBA....so while I don't think he's leaving, it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

ArrowheadHawk 04-10-2011 12:26 PM

Looks like Breadon Anderson committed according to scout.

cdirty 04-10-2011 12:41 PM

Forward Braeden Anderson commits to Kansas

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2011/a...ens_basketball

Quote:

Braeden Anderson, a 6-foot-8, 215-pound senior from Wilbraham and Monson Academy in Massachusetts, orally committed to Kansas University on Saturday.

Anderson said he chose KU over Kentucky, Arizona, Missouri and Memphis.

Anderson, who recently made a campus visit to KU, committed to KU assistant coach Joe Dooley during an in-home visit to his home in Okotoks, Alberta, Canada, on Saturday night. Anderson, however, asked Dooley to keep it a secret so he could inform Self of the decision on Sunday morning, which he did.

"Coach (Self) was fired up. He said, 'It makes my week. It makes my month now,'' said Anderson, who made a campus visit to KU on March 8. "This wasn't really planned, but everything felt right. When coach Dooley showed my parents the videos, it reminded me of my visit, and it felt like it was time to commit. I mean, I'm fired up. I honestly can't wait to be part of the family in Lawrence."

Anderson, who said he is a "face-up four man," averaged 20 points and 11 rebounds this past season.

"The best thing about my trip was the Fieldhouse," Anderson said. "I'm really looking forward to playing in there."

Of possible immediate playing time, he said: "When I saw the (Morris) twins sign with agents, it was an eye-opener. I'll let hard work and play do my talking. I'm sure coach Self and his staff will make the decision on my playing time. I want to do what I can to win another championship."
http://media.lawrence.com/img/photos...cf7613005fe067

BWillie 04-10-2011 12:43 PM

Would have preferred Otto Porter or Daniels, but at this point of the game you have to take what you can get. Hopefully we can get one of Porter and Daniels. W/ Danny Manning though he can make an average recruit like Anderson look like an elite one.

KC_Connection 04-10-2011 01:06 PM

Who was the last Canadian KU Bball player?

That's assuming there even was one.

DJay23 04-10-2011 01:07 PM

THis is a good get.

Keep em coming!

CoMoChief 04-10-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 7551089)

Dunno.....let's just hope he didn't look up to MU's Jeffrey Ferguson when he was younger.

I remember seeing that guy come into the rec center in the offseason and (at 7ft tall) was getting schooled by other students. lol

cdirty 04-10-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 7551089)

Dr Naismith?

lol.

Pants 04-10-2011 02:14 PM

lol BWillie is going full reerun on phognet...

Silock 04-10-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7551403)

LOL No shit!

He's getting destroyed (rightly so).

I have nothing against him, but his take is 100% wrong on this.

BWillie 04-10-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7551403)

Nah, ppl just go crazy if you don't go YES YES Top 125 recruit!!! TO THE SHIP!!!!

I just indicated that I wasn't that excited about him like some of the other posters were. People are legitimately saying that what one's high school ranking does not matter, at all. It doesn't matter when we get a guy outside of the Top 100 but it matters when we get a Top 30 player? Which is it? There are many exceptions, but there is a reason why KU, Duke, UNC, UK are so good. It's because they get the most talent. Sure, BYU and KSU can get lucky w/ the Pullen's and Fredettes but by far and large you are better off w/ a 4 star than a 3 star and so on.

BWillie 04-10-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 7551448)
LOL No shit!

He's getting destroyed (rightly so).

I have nothing against him, but his take is 100% wrong on this.

No it's not. My take is I am not as excited as other posters and I would rather have Otto Porter or Daniels (I know he's a wing). Look, there aren't many forwards left. Anderson is good for what is left, but don't kid yourselves for a minute by thinking Self wouldn't had rather of had some of the guys in the Top 50.

My take is that in general, you would rather take a 4-star guy than a 3-star guy, but that doesn't mean they can't be a great player. Once again, it's basically the opposite of this board. On this board if you blow sunshine up peoples ass about how good the Chiefs are you get flamed, on the Phog if you question anything at all you get flamed.

Pants 04-10-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 7551456)
Nah, ppl just go crazy if you don't go YES YES Top 125 recruit!!! TO THE SHIP!!!!

I just indicated that I wasn't that excited about him like some of the other posters were. People are legitimately saying that what one's high school ranking does not matter. It doesn't matter when we get a guy outside of the Top 100 but it matters when we get a Top 30 player? Which is it? There are many exceptions, but there is a reason why KU, Duke, UNC, UK are so good. It's because they get the most talent. Sure, BYU and KSU can get lucky w/ the Pullen's and Fredettes but by far and large you are better off w/ a 4 star than a 3 star and so on.

And Kansas is bad? Do me a favor, tell me how many 30+ win seasons have we had in the last 4 years. LOL.

If we had lost Braeden to Kentucky, you probably would be bitching even more, man. Please.

Titty Meat 04-10-2011 02:38 PM

Howcome KU didn't recruit Trevor Releford?

Pants 04-10-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 7551475)

Because we have been loaded with guards for a very long time.

BWillie 04-10-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7551465)
And Kansas is bad? Do me a favor, tell me how many 30+ win seasons have we had in the last 4 years. LOL.

If we had lost Braeden to Kentucky, you probably would be bitching even more, man. Please.

I'm not complaining or bitching at all. When did I say Kansas is bad? What are you talking about? We've been the most successful program in the regular season the last 4 years and alot has to do with how well we have recruited.

At this point in the game you need to pick up a guy like Anderson. W/ the Morris Twins hanging in limbo, it put the coaching staff in a difficult position because it's hard to recruit Top 50 guys to play behind guys like that. Nothing the coaches did wrong.

I don't understand your point about the last 4 years? Yes, we've landed alot of very high recruits the last 4 years. Look at the 2008 team that won the National Title. Chalmers, Rush, Arthur, Robinson, Collins, Kaun...ALL BIG TIME RECRUITS. Even this year's team, the Morris Twins were both Top 45, T-Rob was like Top 25, EJ Top 25, and then you speckle in Top 60 guys like Releford and Taylor. That isn't to say you can't get it done w/ Top 125 guys vs Top 30 guys, but it's just alot harder and you have to be fortunate with guys developing. I don't know why this is so hard to understand?

BWillie 04-10-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 7551475)

I'm pretty sure Trevor wasn't interested in KU a whole lot, didn't want to follow in his big bro's footsteps, and Alabama's coach was implementing the full court press for sometime.

DJay23 04-10-2011 02:54 PM

People are excited because they love KU basketball and we assume Bill Self isn't going to recruit a bunch of schmucks. Obviously we all want a team of 5 stars, but we didn't get those guys so let's get behind whoever the coaching staff thinks they can plug in.

Silock 04-10-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 7551461)
Anderson is good for what is left, but don't kid yourselves for a minute by thinking Self wouldn't had rather of had some of the guys in the Top 50.

This is a fact that is not in evidence.

Quote:

My take is that in general, you would rather take a 4-star guy than a 3-star guy, but that doesn't mean they can't be a great player.
I don't think Self cares about how many stars the kid has. I think he cares about whether or not he fits the system and whether or not he has the tools for us to develop him like we have with every other big man we've had.

It just so happens that most of the time, star ratings are generally correct and those are the guys that we are targeting. But we aren't targeting because of their rating, but rather how good they can make the team.

KC_Connection 04-10-2011 04:12 PM

Worrying too much about recruiting isn't healthy.

KC_Connection 04-10-2011 04:13 PM

What is BWillie actually arguing, though? That we shouldn't be happy Self got Anderson?

Mr. Laz 04-10-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 7551753)
Worrying too much about recruiting isn't healthy.

since everything is fine and always will be then there is nothing to discuss

why are you ever even in this thread?

KC_Connection 04-10-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7551835)
since everything is fine and always will be then there is nothing to discuss

why are you ever even in this thread?

Everything is certainly fine right now.

KevB 04-10-2011 08:01 PM

Quick FYI, Stan Simpson committed to Memphis this afternoon.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz 04-10-2011 10:27 PM

So we are losing 5, maybe 6

MMorris
MMorris
Reed
Morningstar
Little
maybe Selby

we have 3 right now

(#17)Ben McLemore*****, 6-5 SG from Brewster Academy, Wolfeboro, NH
(#91)Naadir Tharp ****, 5-11 PG from Christian Life Center, St. Louis, MO
Braeden Anderson***, 6-8 PF from Wilbraham and Monson Academy in MA.

need to add 2 more, maybe a 3rd

ideally(i guess)

(#9)DeAndre Daniels*****, 6-8 PF from IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla.
(#34)Trevor Lacey ****, 6-3 SG from S R Butler HS in Huntsville, AL

If Selby goes then we try to add another:

(#97)Otto Porter****, 6-9 PF from Scott County Central High in Sikeston, Mo.
Jamari Traylor***, 6-7 from IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla.

ArrowheadHawk 04-11-2011 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7552998)
So we are losing 5, maybe 6

MMorris
MMorris
Reed
Morningstar
Little
maybe Selby

we have 3 right now

(#17)Ben McLemore*****, 6-5 SG from Brewster Academy, Wolfeboro, NH
(#91)Naadir Tharp ****, 5-11 PG from Christian Life Center, St. Louis, MO
Braeden Anderson***, 6-8 PF from Wilbraham and Monson Academy in MA.

need to add 2 more, maybe a 3rd

ideally(i guess)

(#9)DeAndre Daniels*****, 6-8 PF from IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla.
(#34)Trevor Lacey ****, 6-3 SG from S R Butler HS in Huntsville, AL

If Selby goes then we try to add another:

(#97)Otto Porter****, 6-9 PF from Scott County Central High in Sikeston, Mo.
Jamari Traylor***, 6-7 from IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla.

Self may save some schollies for next year. It looks like KU could have a monster class next season if it lands some of its targets.

Bambi 04-11-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 7553367)
Self may save some schollies for next year. It looks like KU could have a monster class next season if it lands some of its targets.

Yeah, people need to prepare for a year where KU doesn't win 30.

But 2012-13 looks nuts.

CoMoChief 04-11-2011 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7553384)
Yeah, people need to prepare for a year where KU doesn't win 30.

But 2012-13 looks nuts.

in a down season, KU can still win 27 games

esp if Selby comes back and improves.....that will be HUGE.

Braincase 04-11-2011 09:16 AM

Braedon Anderson!

Mr_Tomahawk 04-11-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 7553445)
in a down season, KU can still win 27 games

esp if Selby comes back and improves.....that will be HUGE.

Speaking of...

WTF Selby...if you are coming out, announce it already...

Bambi 04-11-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 7553540)
Speaking of...

WTF Selby...if you are coming out, announce it already...

I think he's being smart about it.

He's figuring out where he's gonna go and there is probably some algorithm out there that tells you when it's a good time to come out vs. how many positions you can improve during a sophomore year.

I would love it if he came back. I still think he can be great.

Bambi 04-11-2011 01:16 PM

Loving the fact that these assholes are getting ****ed.

Go back to oklahoma you scum and never come back to the great state of Kansas.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6329726

Ex-KU official sentenced for ticket scam

Associated Press

WICHITA, Kan. -- A former consultant for the University of Kansas has been sentenced to nearly four years in prison for his part in a $2 million ticket scalping conspiracy that he helped to conceal.

U.S. District Judge Wesley Brown rejected a defense plea for leniency Monday as he sentenced Thomas Blubaugh to the 46-month term sought by prosecutors. He also ordered Blubaugh to pay more than $1.1 million in restitution to the university and the Internal Revenue Service.

Blubaugh showed little emotion as the sentence was pronounced. He read a short statement expressing remorse and saying he offered no excuse. He said his actions will leave his children with an embarrassing legacy that will follow them all their lives.

His wife, Charlette, faces sentencing Thursday for her role in the scheme.

ArrowheadHawk 04-12-2011 12:34 PM

Otto Porter chooses GTown.

Ceej 04-13-2011 06:36 PM

Watching a replay of ESPNU's national signing day -- I see a kid, Trevor Lacy still not committed. I see KU is on his list. Do we have a shot to land him?

Also, if it plays out the way it may, how loaded will KU potentially be the year after this one? Jesus.

Pants 04-13-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 7562559)
Watching a replay of ESPNU's national signing day -- I see a kid, Trevor Lacy still not committed. I see KU is on his list. Do we have a shot to land him?

Also, if it plays out the way it may, how loaded will KU potentially be the year after this one? Jesus.

Lacy is visiting next weekend, we'll see.

If we get DD and Lacey on Top of BMac and Anderson, Self is a mother****ing wizard. I wouldn't be holding my breath, though.

Ceej 04-13-2011 07:06 PM

What about Lacey? Is he a KU lean? Don't know much about the kid, admittedly.

Also, what's the word on the following year's recruits? Is Ellis a heavy KU lean? I really, really need to go watch the kid play since it's like 10 minutes from me.

DJay23 04-13-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 7562631)

Also, what's the word on the following year's recruits? Is Ellis a heavy KU lean? I really, really need to go watch the kid play since it's like 10 minutes from me.

From what I've read Lacey's pop wants him to stay in state. From what I've seen he's a Bama lean or possibly Kentucky, though recently he stated that with the twins and Selby leaving he realizes there could be minutes for a guy like him at KU so he's seriously considering.

Braincase 04-13-2011 08:11 PM

I still think it's odd how many people think that all of the ringleaders in the ticket scam are KU alums. Hey people, the Blueballs and Jones are all from OKLAHOMA. Liebsch is the only significant player in this mess that is a KU grad.

cdirty 04-13-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 7562631)

Perry Ellis is a juinor?

**** ive been saying he is a senior to everyone.

teedubya 04-13-2011 09:27 PM

DeAndre Daniels would be a good get... hope the mojo is working.

Ceej 04-13-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdirty (Post 7562856)
Perry Ellis is a juinor?

**** ive been saying he is a senior to everyone.

Yes, Perry Ellis is a junior.

cdirty 04-13-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 7563040)
Yes, Perry Ellis is a junior.

my friend went to a game at North last season and they played Heights and he said that Danny Manning was there.

I hope he was recruiting Ellis.

Ceej 04-13-2011 09:51 PM

Word is he's a KU lean. I anticipate on going to watch a game this year.

ArrowheadHawk 04-14-2011 02:45 PM

KU freshman Josh Selby will not return next season
Guard announces plans on Twitter page

Quote:

Kansas University freshman guard Josh Selby announced on his Twitter page Thursday afternoon that he would not return to KU next season and, instead, would try his luck in the NBA.

The announcement spanned two posts and said: "I want to thank all the ku fans who supported me through everything and all the fans who (are) doubting me. I will miss the the fieldhouse. #KU."

Selby continued: "But it's a new journey in my life now. I will not return to Kansas next year. Making my dream a reality. #NBA baby."

The Baltimore native gave no indication of whether he already had hired an agent or if he planned to. Calls to Selby and his mother were not immediately returned.

Stay in touch with KUsports.com throughout the afternoon for more details.

Bump 04-14-2011 04:28 PM

if Elijah Johnson can get his head together in the games, nobody would ever miss Selby. Johnson has all of the abilities, but just doesn't seem to have those basketball smarts.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-15-2011 04:15 AM

When the hell is the remaining recruiting class going to commit? Is there is a date they have to commit by?

Buehler445 04-15-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 7565014)
if Elijah Johnson can get his head together in the games, nobody would ever miss Selby. Johnson has all of the abilities, but just doesn't seem to have those basketball smarts.

EJ played well last year IMO.

ArrowheadHawk 04-15-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 7566318)
When the hell is the remaining recruiting class going to commit? Is there is a date they have to commit by?

They should all be committed by the time school starts in August.

ArrowheadHawk 04-15-2011 01:23 PM

Another scholly just opened up.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2011/a...e-transfer-ku/

Royce Woolridge to transfer from KU
By J-W Staff Reports

Photo by Nick Krug
Kansas guard Royce Woolridge pushes the ball up court past Washburn forward Bobby Chipman in the second half of the exhibition game, Tuesday, Nov. 2, 2010 at Allen Fieldhouse.
Advertisement
Kansas freshman guard Royce Woolridge will seek a transfer from KU, his mother, Victoria, confirmed Friday.

"This is amicable. Royce will be transferring," Victoria told the Journal-World Friday afternoon. "There's not a bad reason for this. Royce came at a time there were a lot of seniors in front of him. He wants to play now. He and coach Self came to an understanding. We have some options (of other schools) that we will look at because Royce really wants to play right now."

Woolridge, a 6-foot-3, 182-pound guard from Phoenix, Ariz., played in 16 games, averaging 0.6 points while making 3 of 12 shots with nine assists, eight rebounds and four turnovers.

"I want to stress there's no better fans than (at) Kansas," Victoria said. "You have the greatest fans in America. They stood behind Royce after he signed and after he got there. We have nothing against Kansas. We will miss everyone tremendously."

Mr. Laz 04-15-2011 01:44 PM

woolridge couldn't even see the court more than the walk-on guys. It's probably best for him to move on.

got 3 openings now?

Mr. Plow 04-15-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7567325)
woolridge couldn't even see the court more than the walk-on guys. It's probably best for him to move on.

got 3 openings now?

Stolen from phog.net.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...g?t=1302896917

Ceej 04-17-2011 01:47 PM

Saw on cbssports we're one of the two remaining school for a 6'10" forward transferring from LaSalle. He'd have two years of eligibility left after sitting out a year.

ArrowheadHawk 04-17-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 7572068)
Saw on cbssports we're one of the two remaining school for a 6'10" forward transferring from LaSalle. He'd have two years of eligibility left after sitting out a year.

LaSalle's Murray likely choices Kansas, West Virginia

Quote:

LaSalle big man Aaric Murray is likely to transfer to either Kansas or West Virginia, several sources confirmed late Saturday night.

There is no timetable to when an official decision will be made.

The 6-foot-10 Murray will have two years of eligibility remaining but must sit out next season per NCAA rules.

The value of Murray to both the Jayhawks and the Mountaineers would be monumental. Should the power forward wind up with the Jayhawks, he would give Bill Self a ready-made product to step in for Thomas Robinson after next season when Robinson is expected to leave for the NBA.

Meanwhile, a marriage between Murray and the fans of Morgantown would give Bob Huggins an heir apparent to Kevin Jones at power forward.

Last season for LaSalle, Murray averaged 15.2 points per game and 7.7 rebounds per game while notching seven double-doubles.

ArrowheadHawk 04-17-2011 03:40 PM

Josh Selby’s jump to pros might help KU basketball recruiting
By Gary Bedore

Quote:

College basketball recruiting notes ...

Kansas University freshman Josh Selby’s decision to enter the 2011 NBA Draft may have helped the Jayhawks in the Trevor Lacey recruiting sweepstakes, Rivals.com recruiting analyst Jerry Meyer says.

Advertisement
Lacey, a high-scoring, deadly shooting 6-foot-3, 200-pound combo guard from Huntsville (Ala.) Butler High, has a final list of KU, Alabama, Auburn, Kentucky, UConn and North Carolina State, which is now led by former Alabama coach Mark Gottfried.

“The (KU) roster now has a gaping void at the shooting guard position and Lacey would fill that need nicely,” Meyer wrote. “He has a superb basketball IQ, is physically ready and is an outstanding long-distance shooting threat off the catch.

“There is no doubt that instant playing time is a major factor in Lacey's decision, but Kansas faces heavy competition for Lacey. Alabama — Lacey’s ‘backyard’ school — is in need of shooters and has available playing time. Kentucky has developed a strong relationship with Lacey, and if Brandon Knight leaves school, Lacey could very well end up in Lexington,” Meyer added.

The No. 34-rated Lacey, who averaged 31.4 points a game last season, was scheduled to be on Alabama’s campus this weekend. He has said he would like to fit in a recruiting trip to KU in coming weeks, before the May 18 end of the spring recruiting period.

“It (visit to KU) is definitely going to happen before I make my decision. I’ve seen the reports that I’m favoring a couple of schools, but that isn’t true,” Lacey told Rivals.com before the Alabama visit.

“My interest in Kansas is serious. Coach (Bill) Self is a great coach, Kansas is a winning program and they’ve got playing time available for me. A few guys are graduating and the Morris twins are leaving early, so I could step in and play right away. Kansas is a great program and something I’m seriously considering.”

Lacey and Ronald Steele are the only two players in Alabama prep history to win two Mr. Basketball awards from the Alabama Sports Writers Association. Lacey is the only player to compete on three state title teams.

Butler coach Jack Doss told The Birmingham News he’s not expecting a Lacey decision anytime soon. It’s been speculated that Lacey may want to wait until after the April 24 deadline for college underclassmen to enter the NBA Draft.

“We don’t talk much about recruiting,” Doss told the News. “I coached his dad and taught his mom. He’s got plenty of people who can help him.”

The Birmingham paper indicated Alabama and Kentucky are believed Lacey’s favorites. The News indicated that Alabama A&M, which is looking for a new coach, might become a contender if coach Doss was hired at that school.

“I wouldn't turn him down if he wanted to come,” he told the paper.

Daniels visits Duke: No. 9-rated DeAndre Daniels, a 6-8 senior from IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., was slated to be on Duke’s campus this weekend. He’s also considering KU, Kentucky, Texas and Oregon.

“It’s still wide-open. He has no favorite,” IMG director of basketball Andy Borman told the Lexington Herald-Leader. Borman said he expected Daniels to make a college choice sometime after the visit to Duke.

"How soon after that, I don't know," he told the Herald-Leader.

Ceej 04-17-2011 03:41 PM

Any word as to why he's transferring? LaSalle fire their coach or something? Also, how often does a "mid-major" players transfer to a BCS school? Just seems a little odd to me.

Mr. Laz 04-17-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 7572405)

Huggie is another bastard you can't trust in recruiting

going to be tough for KU to steal guys away from guys like Huggie and calipari

Bambi 04-19-2011 10:29 AM

T Rob gets a ticket for getting into a fight with a bouncer.

More at 11!

Pants 04-19-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7576476)

More at 11!

Yeah, how can you be such a ****tard, TRob? You know you're the face of the program now and you act like a ****ing child. /sigh

Bump 04-19-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7576476)

More at 11!

Moon bar (or whatever the hell that thug ass bar is called now), Johnny's or Brothers? It has to be one of those 3. Probably not Brothers, actually, basketball players can do whatever they want there.

Bambi 04-19-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7576481)
Yeah, how can you be such a ****tard, TRob? You know you're the face of the program now and you act like a ****ing child. /sigh

It's always these hangers on that start shit.

Same with the Rutgers fights. All these hood types who don't even go to the school who think they're part of it.

**** redic

Bambi 04-19-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 7576484)
Moon bar (or whatever the hell that thug ass bar is called now), Johnny's or Brothers? It has to be one of those 3. Probably not Brothers, actually, basketball players can do whatever they want there.

The Cave. The place at that hotel

I dunno, I haven't lived in Lawrence in years. Hows the place?

Bump 04-19-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7576489)
The Cave. The place at that hotel

I dunno, I haven't lived in Lawrence in years. Hows the place?

oh, The Cave is pretty cool. Right next to campus, it's more of a greek bar though.

Mr. Laz 04-19-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 7572408)
Lacey, a high-scoring, deadly shooting 6-foot-3, 200-pound combo guard from Huntsville (Ala.) Butler High

countdown until Lacey's shooting turns to crap under Self.

10 ... 9 ...

Pants 04-19-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7576592)
countdown until Lacey's shooting turns to crap under Self.

10 ... 9 ...

wut

Mr. Laz 04-19-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7576605)
wut

ah ... just ignore me, i'm just complaining about how Self handles guards again. :D

question - How many guys have started out as "good outside shooters" and then turned to crap under Self?

answer - Almost every one

Pants 04-19-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7576634)
ah ... just ignore me, i'm just complaining about how Self handles guards again. :D

question - How many guys have started out as "good outside shooters" and then turned to crap under Self?

answer - no one

FYP

Bump 04-19-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

shooting is something a player either has or doesn't have before they get to college. Maybe he doesn't recruit great 3 point shooters and I think he should. But I don't think he ruins their shots or anything like that. I mean, Chalmers, Rush, Collins, Reed and others are all pretty damn good shooters. Sure we haven't had any Jeff Bochee's since he's been here, but damn dude. 3 point shots won us a championship.

Pitt Gorilla 04-19-2011 11:49 AM

Article:

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2011/a...cited-misdeme/

Mr. Laz 04-19-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 7576704)

Bad Trob, Bad

Saulbadguy 04-19-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 7576704)

It's the gift that keeps on giving.

kitten_mittons 04-19-2011 07:08 PM

Just when you expect KU got rid of all their thugs, you find out their bench was full of them. Guess T-Rob just didn't get enough PT to show the nation how dirty he was. Pretty upsetting as a K-State fan. Wish we'd recruit some thugs. Oh well, Bill Self reloads with thugs once again. Probably a sweet 16 next year.

sedated 04-19-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Reed was hurt, collins had one bad game that happened to be his last, xavier was consistent, as were rush and chalmers. Anyone I'm missing?

And it makes TOTAL sense to blame Self for the ones that struggled.

No offense laz, but u are exactly what's wrong with the ku fanbase.

Mr. Laz 04-19-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 7577712)
Reed was hurt, collins had one bad game that happened to be his last, xavier was consistent, as were rush and chalmers. Anyone I'm missing?

And it makes TOTAL sense to blame Self for the ones that struggled.

No offense laz, but u are exactly what's wrong with the ku fanbase.

no offense sedated, but like i give a **** what you think about anything.

Saulbadguy 04-19-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7577753)
no offense sedated, but like i give a **** what you think about anything.

He's quite a bit more intelligent than you are.

Mr. Laz 04-19-2011 07:46 PM

Thomas Robinson cited for battery

Reportedly involved in bar fight

by Associated Press

LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) - Kansas forward Thomas Robinson has been cited with misdemeanor battery after a fight at a nightclub, the latest headache for the Jayhawks.

Lawrence city prosecutor Jerry Little said Tuesday that Robinson is accused of being involved in an altercation outside the club April 10. He said officers served Robinson with the ticket on Monday.

Police said the case remains under investigation and other people could be charged. Coach Bill Self said Robinson notified him immediately after being interviewed by police.

"Thomas is fully cooperating and we will not have any further comment about this situation as the investigation plays out," Self said.

Robinson, a 20-year-old sophomore, captured national attention last January when his maternal grandparents died just a few weeks before his mother, Lisa Robinson, passed away unexpectedly the night before a game.

They were the only adult family members that had been a major part of the lives of Robinson and his 7-year-old sister, Jayla.

Self and the entire team flew through a snowstorm to Washington, D.C., for services for Lisa Robinson. Thomas and Jayla placed Jayhawks team memorabilia in their mother's casket. Kansas, with the approval of the NCAA, set up a scholarship fund for Jayla.

The 6-foot-9 Robinson, the first big man off the bench for the seven-time Big 12 champion Jayhawks, averaged 7.6 points and 6.4 rebounds last season and is expected to be a starter next year.

Kansas will be without twins Marcus and Markieff Morris, who are skipping their senior seasons to go into the NBA draft. Also leaving the program early to turn pro is freshman guard Josh Selby.

In addition, guards Tyrel Reed and Brady Morningstar and swingman Mario Little all graduated, leaving the Jayhawks with a major rebuilding project.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

kstater 04-19-2011 07:48 PM

So you think they keep a cell clear designated for KU players in Lawrence?

Titty Meat 04-19-2011 08:14 PM

How many KU players do you think are birthers?