ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2011-2012 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243389)

Silock 04-19-2011 08:32 PM

He got a citation. It's not like he was charged with a felony. He didn't even start it. Doesn't make it okay, though. He should know better.

Saulbadguy 04-19-2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 7577918)
How many KU players do you think are birthers?

Brady Morningstar is no longer a member of the team, so none.

Imon Yourside 04-19-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 7577918)
How many KU players do you think are birthers?

None but most are truthers.

KC_Connection 04-20-2011 02:10 AM

I see Laz is hating on Self again for no reason, even though KU has one of the top outside shooting teams in the nation every season.

Some things just don't change.

KC_Connection 04-20-2011 02:13 AM

And with the TRob thing? Meh. It's not like it will have any affect on the team next season.

kitten_mittons 04-20-2011 06:37 AM

You guys think he was just acting out because Bill Self killed his mom?

Reerun_KC 04-20-2011 07:30 AM

Mr_Tomahawk 04-20-2011 07:42 AM

Hoops recruit Jamari Traylor to visit Kansas

Jamari Traylor, a 6-foot-7, 230-pound senior power forward from IMG Academies in Bradenton, Fla., will visit Kansas University this weekend, Traylor told Rivals.com.

Traylor visited Oklahoma State last weekend. He also has Indiana, St. John’s, Texas Tech, Memphis and Mississippi State on his list.

Meanwhile, Alex Murphy, a 6-8 forward from South Kingston, R.I., has decided to reclassify into the Class of 2011 and enroll at Duke next school year.

This may help KU in the recruitment of DeAndre Daniels, also a 6-8 senior forward, who visited Duke last weekend. He also has Texas, Kentucky and Oregon on his list.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2011/ap...-visit-kansas/

ArrowheadHawk 04-21-2011 09:36 PM

****ing Kentucky.

One-time UK recruit Anderson content to have landed at Kansas
By Jerry Tipton / jtipton@herald-leader.com

Prospect Braeden Anderson liked Kentucky.

Kentucky liked Anderson.

But Anderson committed to Kansas, which shows how the mating ritual in recruiting can twist and turn.

"It was a crazy waiting game," Anderson said of his recruitment by UK.

The 6-foot-8 Anderson chose Kansas in large part because the Jayhawks offered a scholarship, and UK, which had already met its recruiting needs at power forward, did not.

"To be honest, it could have gone either way," Anderson said Wednesday. "I just wanted to play on the biggest stage possible and play against the best talent."

Anderson, who will play in the Derby Festival Basketball Classic on Friday in Louisville's KFC Yum Center, made no secret of his warm feelings for Kentucky. He called the lack of a scholarship offer "kind of part of that waiting game.

"I never got in the back room with (UK Coach John Calipari)."

He meant that in a figurative sense, Anderson said.

"If I got one on one with Cal, it probably would have been a done deal," he said.

But Kentucky had more than met its needs at power forward with the November signings of McDonald's All-Americans Anthony Davis and Kyle Wiltjer. And, Anderson added, he thought another McDonald's All-American, Michael Gilchrist, could ably play power forward, too.

Meanwhile, UK assistant coach Kenny Payne spoke regularly with Anderson this recruiting year.

"Very hands on," Anderson said. "I talked to him two, three times a week."

Kentucky's run to the Final Four contributed to the waiting game, he said.

Meanwhile, Anderson, who is from Alberta, Canada, huddled with his family this spring. His family persuaded him to sign with Kansas, he said.

Anderson signed a national letter of intent with DePaul last November, but he requested and received a release from that letter in January. Because a player can sign only one letter of intent, Anderson signaled his choice of Kansas by signing a financial-aid agreement, which binds the school to the player, but not vice versa.

When asked whether the financial-aid agreement also meant that Anderson would listen to an 11th-hour pitch from Kentucky, he said, "I think we're done."

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/04/21/1...#ixzz1KDfZOd7h

Saulbadguy 04-22-2011 12:48 PM

Pathetic. I wonder if all freshman can stop attending classes and get the same deal?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/column...pat&id=6407176

Pants 04-22-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chet Steadman (Post 7584689)
Pathetic. I wonder if all freshman can stop attending classes and get the same deal?

No, just the ones that keep KU BB elite.

RustShack 04-22-2011 01:00 PM

Iowa State will be a force to be reckoned with next year.

Lzen 04-22-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

That's a good piece. The 19 years old rule is dumb. At minimum, that should be 20. Personally, I would like to see at least 3 years in college or not at all. But I could live with 2. One and done has not been very good to KU.

Mr. Laz 04-22-2011 03:23 PM

so is saul going all CoMo now too

KSU football fan and KU basketball fan?

Saulbadguy 04-22-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7585080)

Hey, weeping vagina, my post had nothing to do with KU basketball.

Pants 04-22-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7585080)

Saul is a fan of all Kansas teams, but he has to act like he likes KSU the most because he's pussy whipped.

ROYC75 04-22-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

A 3 year rule would be great and help install the integrity back into college basketball.

I do not like the one and done rule. A kid with 3 years college is most likely to finish it in the off seasons.

Mr. Laz 04-22-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chet Steadman (Post 7585121)
Hey, weeping vagina, my post had nothing to do with KU basketball.

hey, pussfilled anal cavity, i didn't say it did but you seem to be living in a KU BBall thread so ............

ArrowheadHawk 04-23-2011 12:11 PM

A new target.

Kentucky prep Tony Kimbro to visit

Three star according to the ESPN site. 6'6, 193
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fpg6ZBuxH5Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Laz 04-23-2011 12:56 PM

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/rec...yers/67005.jpg
Tony Kimbro, Jr.
Shooting Guard
CLASS: 2011

SCOUTS GRADE 90
Grading Scale
Louisville, KY Hometown
  • Jeffersontown High School
  • 6'6"Height
  • 193 lbsWeight
Position Rank 51
Status Undeclared

ConsideringManhattan Jaspers, Tennessee Volunteers, Kansas Jayhawks, Oklahoma State Cowboys, Western Kentucky Hilltoppers

ESPN Player Evaluations

Strengths:
Although this left-hander's game is a little unorthodox, Kimbro knows how to score. He is strong and explosive with good size on the perimeter. He can put it on the floor and get it to the rim or he can knock down the pull-up jumper. He has an attacking mentality and is relentless at putting pressure on his defender in both the half court or transition.
Weaknesses:
He can be a good defender, but had the tendency to gamble too often looking to make the big play. Average shooter from three point range and that is the next area of his game that he must develop in order to keep defenders honest and from sagging off. Also must develop more of a right hand to give him secondary offensive moves beside going to his left every time.
Bottom Line:
Tony is a physical athlete that caused miss-match problems because of his strength and quickness. He's a strong and very athletic wing with a college body. I love his intensity level and his all-around play; he should develop into a solid high major prospect in the 2011 class.
Notes

Travel Team: Team Loyalty...

DJay23 04-23-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7586435)
http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/rec...yers/67005.jpg
Tony Kimbro, Jr.
Shooting Guard
CLASS: 2011

SCOUTS GRADE 90
Grading Scale
Louisville, KY Hometown
  • Jeffersontown High School
  • 6'6"Height
  • 193 lbsWeight
Position Rank 51
Status Undeclared

ConsideringManhattan Jaspers, Tennessee Volunteers, Kansas Jayhawks, Oklahoma State Cowboys, Western Kentucky Hilltoppers

ESPN Player Evaluations

Strengths:
Although this left-hander's game is a little unorthodox, Kimbro knows how to score. He is strong and explosive with good size on the perimeter. He can put it on the floor and get it to the rim or he can knock down the pull-up jumper. He has an attacking mentality and is relentless at putting pressure on his defender in both the half court or transition.
Weaknesses:
He can be a good defender, but had the tendency to gamble too often looking to make the big play. Average shooter from three point range and that is the next area of his game that he must develop in order to keep defenders honest and from sagging off. Also must develop more of a right hand to give him secondary offensive moves beside going to his left every time.
Bottom Line:
Tony is a physical athlete that caused miss-match problems because of his strength and quickness. He's a strong and very athletic wing with a college body. I love his intensity level and his all-around play; he should develop into a solid high major prospect in the 2011 class.
Notes

Travel Team: Team Loyalty...

Sounds like a tall Keith Langford.

Reerun_KC 04-23-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7585132)
Saul is a fan of all Kansas teams, but he has to act like he likes KSU the most because he's pussy whipped.

Damn, Game, Set, Match....

cdirty 04-23-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 7586665)
Sounds like a tall Keith Langford.

thats like exactly who i was thinking after reading and watching teh vid.

KC_Connection 04-24-2011 02:56 AM

With Thompson, Hamilton, and Joseph seemingly on the way out at Texas, I don't see a serious contender for KU next season in this conference. Maybe Baylor?

Looks like another down year for the B12.

DJay23 04-24-2011 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 7587467)
With Thompson, Hamilton, and Joseph seemingly on the way out at Texas, I don't see a serious contender for KU next season in this conference. Maybe Baylor?

Looks like another down year for the B12.

Really lucky for a possible 8th in a row. It's the next year I'm more excited about. A lot of big time players in the 2012 class who are really high on KU. We could be waiting on a Chalmers/Wright/Rush/Downs like class in terms of recruiting rankings.

chiefqueen 04-24-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 7587603)
Really lucky for a possible 8th in a row. It's the next year I'm more excited about. A lot of big time players in the 2012 class who are really high on KU. We could be waiting on a Chalmers/Wright/Rush/Downs like class in terms of recruiting rankings.

A question about 2012? Do the new family rules passed a couple of years ago prevent Self giving a scholly to his own kid who will be a high school senior this fall. IMO he is more fitted for a UMKC.

WilliamTheIrish 04-24-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Not that it's any real surprise, but this quote made me LOL

Quote:

If that's true -- that a borderline student out of high school was able to finish his semester's work weeks ahead of time without attending class -- then every degree the school has ever granted has been cheapened. But that's just part of what makes the Selby story a sorry one.

WilliamTheIrish 04-24-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 7585177)
A 3 year rule would be great and help install the integrity back into college basketball.

I do not like the one and done rule. A kid with 3 years college is most likely to finish it in the off seasons.

How would it install integrity back into CBB?

Just because they are forced to stay doesn't mean they are any more worthy of a degree.

The right thing to do is rescind the rule and let them move on to NBA or NBA-D level.

SAUTO 04-24-2011 09:37 AM

How bad would that hurt a guy like calipari?
Posted via Mobile Device

kstater 04-24-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 7587647)
How bad would that hurt a guy like calipari?
Posted via Mobile Device

Wouldn't hurt him a bit.

SAUTO 04-24-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 7587649)
Wouldn't hurt him a bit.

really? Seems like he loses most of his team yearly.

Lots of one and dones
Posted via Mobile Device

kstater 04-24-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 7587650)
really? Seems like he loses most of his team yearly.

Lots of one and dones
Posted via Mobile Device

He didn't just start becoming the best recruiter in the last few years when one and done's became prevalent. Kids will still line up out the door for him.

SAUTO 04-24-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 7587653)
He didn't just start becoming the best recruiter in the last few years when one and done's became prevalent.

True.
Posted via Mobile Device

DJay23 04-24-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefqueen (Post 7587631)
A question about 2012? Do the new family rules passed a couple of years ago prevent Self giving a scholly to his own kid who will be a high school senior this fall. IMO he is more fitted for a UMKC.

Will Tyler Self be anything more than a walk on? I don't know myself how good he is.

I would guess it has to do with whether Tyler wants to be on his dad's team or blaze his own path.

cdirty 04-24-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 7587841)
Will Tyler Self be anything more than a walk on? I don't know myself how good he is.

I would guess it has to do with whether Tyler wants to be on his dad's team or blaze his own path.

Bill could ball pretty good when he was his sons age couldnt he? Im a little young to remember that.

bring him in.

ArrowheadHawk 04-25-2011 07:23 AM

UK, Ohio State among KU’s 2011-12 hoops foes
By Gary Bedore
An appearance in a star-studded Maui Invitational, a neutral-site game against Kentucky in New York and a home clash against Ohio State highlight Kansas University’s 2011-12 nonconference basketball schedule, which was released Sunday.

The Jayhawks will tangle with coach John Calipari’s Wildcats on Nov. 15 in Madison Square Garden in the inaugural Champions Classic doubleheader.

Advertisement
The Champions Classic is a three-year series involving powerhouse programs KU, UK, Duke and Michigan State. The Blue Devils and Spartans also will play Nov. 15 in the Garden.

In 2012, KU will play Michigan State, while UK plays Duke, at Atanta’s Georgia Dome. In 2013, KU will face Duke, and MSU will meet UK at Chicago’s United Center.

The Nov. 21-23 Maui field includes Duke, Georgetown, Memphis, UCLA, Tennessee, Michigan and Chaminade. Matchups will be announced this summer.

KU will meet Ohio State on Dec. 10 in Allen Fieldhouse. The Buckeyes went 34-3 last season and reached the NCAA Sweet 16 as a No. 1 seed. Jared Sullinger, a 6-foot-9 forward who would have been selected in the top five in the 2011 NBA Draft, has announced plans to return for his sophomore season.

KU will meet USC on Dec. 22 in Galen Center in Los Angeles. USC went 19-14 last year and lost in the first round of the NCAAs.

USC had looked into the possibility of playing KU in Wichita in the return game of the home-and-home series.

“It’s a situation in which a promoter probably asked them to do it, and they looked at it. We thought it wouldn’t happen, taking the game out of their building (in L.A.),” said KU senior associate AD Larry Keating, who is in charge of scheduling.

At home, KU will meet Towson (Nov. 11), Florida Atlantic (Nov. 30), South Florida (Dec. 3), Long Beach State (Dec. 6), Howard (Dec. 29) and North Dakota (Dec. 31). KU will play Davidson on Dec. 19 in Kansas City’s Sprint Center.

Florida Atlantic won the Sun Belt title last season and Long Beach State the Big West Conference. South Florida, 10-23 a year ago, is a member of the Big East. Last season, Davidson went 18-15 and advanced to the CBI Tournament quarterfinals.

“This is potentially the biggest-name schedule we’ve played since we’ve been here with the guarantee of playing Kentucky, Ohio State and USC,” KU coach Bill Self said Sunday. Ten of KU’s 13 non-conference foes advanced to the 2011 postseason. “Add to that the opportunity to play three of the biggest names in college basketball at the Maui Invitational. This will probably be as tough a nonconference schedule as we have played in a long time.

“It’s a tough schedule, one that will give us a ton of exposure, and with the young team we will have playing for us next year, it will be a great challenge. We need to be preparing now for next year.”

KU will open with exhibitions against Fort Hays State (Nov. 1) and Pittsburg State (Nov. 8). The Big 12 slate, to feature home-and-homes with every team in the league, will be released during the summer.

2011-12 Kansas Men’s Basketball Non-Conference Schedule

Date (Day), Opponent, Site

Nov. 1 (Tuesday), Fort Hays State, Lawrence (exhibition)

Nov. 8 (Tuesday), Pittsburg State, Lawrence (exhibition)

Nov. 11 (Friday), Towson, Lawrence (EA Sports Maui Invitational First Round)

Nov. 15 (Tuesday), Kentucky, New York, N.Y. (Champions Classic at Madison Square Garden)

Nov. 21-23 (Monday-Wednesday), EA Sports Maui Invitational, Maui, Hawaii (potential opponents: Arizona, Chaminade, Duke, Georgetown, Memphis, Michigan, Tennessee, UCLA)

Nov. 30 (Wednesday), Florida Atlantic, Lawrence

Dec. 3 (Saturday), South Florida, Lawrence

Dec. 6 (Tuesday), Long Beach State, Lawrence

Dec. 10 (Saturday), Ohio State, Lawrence

Dec. 19 (Monday), Davidson, Kansas City, Mo. (M&I Bank Kansas City Shootout at Sprint Center)

Dec. 22 (Thursday), at USC, Los Angeles, Calif.

Dec. 29 (Thursday), Howard, Lawrence

Dec. 31 (Saturday), North Dakota, Lawrence

Ceej 04-25-2011 09:55 AM

I'm liking that schedule. It'll give the younger guys a tremendous amount of experience.

Sullinger v. TRob in AFH oughta be great to watch.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-13-2011 03:36 PM

Any news regarding recruits...?

sedated 05-13-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 7639149)
Any news regarding recruits...?

:facepalm:

Mr. Laz 05-13-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 7587645)
The right thing to do is rescind the rule and let them move on to NBA or NBA-D level.

I'm starting to move to this way of thinking too.

i'm beginning to think the one and done players hurt college BB more than they help it. Also who really gives a crap if somebody declares for the NBA draft and then ends of with nothing? It's their own dam fault for flushing their chance away.

remove the rule completely so these stupid ****s never even touch a college campus ... the colleges and the hoops programs will be better off without them

cdirty 05-15-2011 05:49 PM

anyone got Insider for this?

Josh Selby is a lottery talent

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog?...26id%3d6540109

shitgoose 05-15-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdirty (Post 7641743)
anyone got Insider for this?

Josh Selby is a lottery talent

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog?...26id%3d6540109

1. Josh Selby is a lottery talent
Last year I was wowed by the play of Avery Bradley and Lance Stephenson at Impact. Both Bradley and Stephenson were high school phenoms and lottery-type talents who struggled as college freshmen in their respective programs.

This year Impact has a similar player -- Kansas Jayhawks guard Josh Selby. Like Stephenson, he was considered one of the top five high school players in the country. Like Stephenson, he really struggled as a freshman. And like Stephenson, NBA teams have questions about his character.

Selby was, in a word, awesome in the workouts I saw in Vegas. At Kansas, Selby looked wild, out of control and oddly unathletic. He struggled to create space from himself and made a number of bad decisions with the ball and in his shot selection.

In Vegas he once again resembled the superstar we saw in high school. He was explosive athletically, got to the basket at will and shot the ball very well from range.

In 3-on-3 games, the UCLA Bruins' Malcolm Lee -- a terrific perimeter defender -- struggled to stay in front of Selby, who finished above the rim with a number of impressive dunks. Selby showed off an impressive floater and has the ability to create space with his crossover and then step back and nail the J. He really resembled Golden State Warriors guard Monta Ellis.

So how could Selby be so good here and so mediocre at Kansas? ESPN Insider David Thorpe had an excellent post concerning Selby in late January that sums up the thinking from a scout's perspective.

Selby had some answers of his own. He missed the first nine games of the season serving an NCAA suspension for taking illegal benefits as a high school player. By the time he was able to play, Kansas had a tight rotation that Selby would have to fit into. Also, the style of play wasn't a great fit for Selby. He is at his best initiating the offense and creating off the dribble. At Kansas, he was often asked to get the ball up the floor, dump it to one of the Morris twins and then spot up in the corner.

Finally, a midseason ankle injury caused Selby to miss three games at a critical juncture of the season. When he returned, he wasn't the same. He lost much of his quickness and was ineffective for the rest of the year. With point guard Tyshawn Taylor returning to school and Elijah Robinson the point guard in waiting, Selby decided he'd be better served jumping to the NBA.

"Sometimes you just have to decide what is best for your career," Selby said. "I loved the guys at Kansas. I loved that for the first time in my life, I really had some stability, a roof over my head, steady meals and a support system. But I felt like my game may be better-suited at the NBA. I know it's a risk, but my whole life has been about taking risks."

Few scouts doubt the talent. But that's not the only issue with Selby. Teams have off-the-court questions about him that play into their concerns. They've heard Selby is selfish, comes from a tough background, and wasn't popular with the other players at Kansas.

Selby defends himself. "I'm a loving kid, really I am," Selby said. "I grew up in Baltimore. Life was tough. I had to learn how to be tough. But I'm not a bad kid. I chose basketball instead of the street. Basketball was my way to escape all of that. I won't do anything to jeopardize that. Basketball saved my life. I love the game and I'm a loving kid."

That was echoed in the gym in Vegas. I asked 12 of the prospects working out which player had impressed them the most over the past few weeks. Every one that I spoke with named Selby.

I've been doing this for a long time, and after watching what Selby did in the gym the past two days, I think he could be the biggest riser in the draft if he works out well against his obvious competition -- BYU's Jimmer Fredette, Boston College's Reggie Jackson, Michigan's Darius Morris and Hofstra's Charles Jenkins. Selby's landing in the lottery isn't out of the question if he outplays those players in workouts.

I'm not sure if he's a point guard -- he doesn't see the floor particularly well yet, and his decision-making can be questionable -- and at 6-foot-2 he is undersized for the 2. But his quickness and ability to create his own shot come at a premium right now in the NBA, and few can do it better than Selby.

teedubya 05-15-2011 07:04 PM

Where the **** was this athleticism at KU, Selby? You **** head.

Mr. Laz 05-15-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 7641793)
Where the **** was this athleticism at KU, Selby? You **** head.

1. it was 3 on 3 so he had more space to work in ... Selby constantly had problems with the backside defender slapping away his dribble at kansas.

2. KU's offensive system is ass for guards

i get nothing but shit for saying it and yet ... imo Self does to guards what Marty used to do to QB's. They put such a leash on them that they get scared to do anything and don't develop they way they should.

Silock 05-15-2011 07:30 PM

Yeah, Chalmers and Rush sure aren't NBA guards or anything (or Derron Williams, if you count non KU Self guys).

Mr. Plow 05-15-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7641808)

:banghead:

Mr. Laz 05-15-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 7641940)
:banghead:

o:-)

BWillie 05-15-2011 09:31 PM

There is some truth that Self's offense isn't ideal for guards. It's not that it's bad, but it's not a guard oriented offense compared to UNC and Kentucky for example. But compared to alot of schools it is. If I was a big, I would think KU would be the #1 school I would want to go to. If I was a guard, I would think it would be UNC or Kentucky.

As for Selby, he might not even have played again or at least not until the tournament ala Kyrie Irving except Self challenged his manhood. It was pretty obvious Selby wasn't 100% and didn't have the explosiveness he was dubbed for.

Titty Meat 05-15-2011 09:34 PM

Nobody cares.

Mr. Laz 05-15-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 7641977)
Nobody cares.

idiot ... you cared enough to come into a KU specific thread

cdirty 05-16-2011 06:44 AM

thanks for posting it!

BWillie 05-17-2011 01:14 PM

Daniels going to commit tomorrow between Texas and KU. Seems the consensus though of recuitabators that Daniels has already decided on Texas.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-17-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 7644848)
Daniels going to commit tomorrow between Texas and KU. Seems the consensus though of recuitabators that Daniels has already decided on Texas.

damn

ArrowheadHawk 05-18-2011 06:31 AM

Big day today. Hopefully KU can land 2 out of 3.

Imon Yourside 05-18-2011 06:42 AM

Anyone want to divulge any premium info here? Do we have a chance to land any of the three? I'm hearing nothing but doom and gloom.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-18-2011 07:27 AM

Anyone have times for these announcements....afternoon...evening?

Mr. Plow 05-18-2011 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 7646359)
Anyone want to divulge any premium info here? Do we have a chance to land any of the three? I'm hearing nothing but doom and gloom.

Daniels has flip flopped quite a bit - so I wouldn't say he is going to X school until he announces. I think Texas is the more than likely destination for him, but how often does a kid decommit from a school only to recommit to them awhile later. I know it happens, but not often.

Mr. Laz 05-18-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 7646353)
Big day today. Hopefully KU can land 2 out of 3.

it's a done deal /kcconnection

Mr. Plow 05-18-2011 09:55 AM

I'm assuming this is going to be a good day for you Laz. :)

Pants 05-18-2011 10:55 AM

It's not looking good, boys.

I'm not overly disappointed though, as we will still have a really good team.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-18-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7646819)
It's not looking good, boys.

I'm not overly disappointed though, as we will still have a really good team.

Source?

Pants 05-18-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 7646828)
Source?

If you want a source, you can go looking on your own. I'm just giving you what the internet is saying (that includes recruiting experts). You can chose to completely disregard that post, it won't bother me, man.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-18-2011 11:05 AM

defensive much...man?

Mr. Laz 05-18-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 7646699)
I'm assuming this is going to be a good day for you Laz. :)

and what would that be?

Pants 05-18-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 7646842)
defensive much...man?

Not really. Was just telling you that you could take it or leave it, that's all.

Pants 05-18-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7646848)
and what would that be?

I think he's saying you'll have reasons to bitch today. ;)

<3 u Laz

Mr. Laz 05-18-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7646857)
I think he's saying you'll have reasons to bitch today. ;)

<3 u Laz

awwwwwwwwwww ... :sulk:

think of it this way, if i wasn't passionate about KU winning then i wouldn't care enough to bitch about our sophomoric offensive scheme. o:-)

Pants 05-18-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7646861)
think of it this way, if i wasn't passionate about KU winning then i wouldn't care enough to bitch about our sophomoric offensive scheme. o:-)

I know, man.

Mr. Plow 05-18-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7646861)
awwwwwwwwwww ... :sulk:

I know you're passionate - but that sophomoric offensive scheme has led to an 84% win percentage, 7 Big 12 titles, and a National Championship.

sedated 05-18-2011 11:41 AM

I hate twitter.

Pants 05-18-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 7646926)
I hate twitter.

LOL

I know.

Mr. Laz 05-18-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 7646896)
I know you're passionate - but our defense and high level recruiting has led to an 84% win percentage, 7 Big 12 titles, and a National Championship.

FYP

Mr. Plow 05-18-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7646935)
FYP

Defense is definitely big....but to act like the defense has saved our offense is way wrong, imo.

Fritz88 05-18-2011 12:04 PM

Any good news?

doomy3 05-18-2011 12:06 PM

Out of curiosity, what was the deleted post that must've been a tweet.

Mr. Laz 05-18-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 7646968)
Defense is definitely big....but to act like the defense has saved our offense is way wrong, imo.

Defense has clearly saved our offense by design ... just ask Self. Whenever the game gets tough, what does he say? Defense.

Our offense is generated by our defense ... pound the paint, don't turn the ball over and play great defense.

Self is all about the defense

Pants 05-18-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 7646998)
Out of curiosity, what was the deleted post that must've been a tweet.

It wasn't a tweet, it just said that Jerry Meyer of Rivals.com was reporting that Lacey had already signed his LOI to Alabama. Nobody had a legit link to that report, though, so it was more like word of mouth and not worthy of a post.

Bump 05-18-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7641808)

Chalmers, Rush and Collins disagree and so do Morningstar and Reed, those 2 white boys with walk-on talent did well under Self.

Mr. Plow 05-18-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7647006)
Defense has clearly saved our offense by design ... just ask Self. Whenever the game gets tough, what does he say? Defense.

Our offense is generated by our defense ... pound the paint, don't turn the ball over and play great defense.

Self is all about the defense

I won't deny Self is big on defense....he is. I just don't what the issue you have with the offensive side of the ball is I guess. Maybe I'm blind to it.

Pants 05-18-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 7647025)
Chalmers, Rush and Collins disagree and so do Morningstar and Reed, those 2 white boys with walk-on talent did well under Self.

Walk on talent? Don't be a reerun. Reed was a like 3* and had offers from Oklahoma, Standford and other schools.