ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith to Chiefs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248696)

KurtCobain 08-20-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7839241)
No, we don't.

You shut your whore mouth.

milkman 08-20-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 7839288)
You shut your whore mouth.

What?

We signed a franchise QB off the street back in 1962.

Since that time, we haven't signed, traded for, drafted, or shit a franchise QB.

So, in short, no we don't do jack except dream about franchise QBs.

HemiEd 08-20-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7839348)
What?

Since that time, we haven't signed, traded for, drafted, or shit a franchise QB.

They tried to draft one 28 years ago, reached in a barrel full of tits and pulled out a dick, then traded away their future for one 18 years ago. Other than that, not much.

RedThat 08-20-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 7839253)
Sometimes Stanzi looks better in the pocket than Cassel.

Arm and throwing mechanics are sure as shit better than Cassel's.

I'd really like to see Stanzi behind a good Oline as opposed to running for his life as soon as the ball is hiked.

Bang on!

ShowtimeSBMVP 08-20-2011 01:59 PM

http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle...81474979971113 is this where you got it?

KurtCobain 08-20-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7839348)
What?

So, in no way possible could Trent Green have been labeled a Franchise QB? What the qualifications for that anyhow?

JD10367 08-20-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 7836758)
51/53 really isn't that bad for a backup QB. Especially considering hes coming from such a bad and messed up organization.

This. It's not like Alex Smith has been the starting QB for the Steelers or Patriots or some other solid team, and the whole team was awesome but he sucked and was the only reason they lost.

As has been said: it's to be the backup. Not the starter. If you can bring in a guy, for cheap money, who has already thrown over 50 touchdowns in the NFL, compared to two backups with little experience, it's a no-brainer.

Hell, as a Patriots fan, I'd be more than happy if Belichick traded Brian Hoyer to you guys, and then traded for Alex Smith to be Brady's backup.

MIAdragon 08-20-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 7839253)
Sometimes Stanzi looks better in the pocket than Cassel.

Arm and throwing mechanics are sure as shit better than Cassel's.

I'd really like to see Stanzi behind a good Oline as opposed to running for his life as soon as the ball is hiked.

As would I, I dont think Cassel has much on him other than salary and time in the league.

milkman 08-20-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 7839383)
So, in no way possible could Trent Green have been labeled a Franchise QB? What the qualifications for that anyhow?

I liked Green.

He was a very good QB for the Chiefs, and a great fit for the system that Vermeil and Saunders brought to the team.

However, a franchise QB is a guy that takes over games, who makes the people around him better, and isn't as reliant on others to make him better.

That was not Green.

BossChief 08-20-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7836556)
Or the fact that the organization wants nothing to do with Smith because he didn't live up to his hype.

You have no idea why they want him gone.

My educated guess is that Harbaugh (who is a damn good guy as far as quarterbacks go) doesn't see the potential in him that the front office did when they resigned him for 4 million for one "lets see what Harbaugh thinks about you" year...with a possibility of adding another million through incentives.

That should be enough to pass on the kid in any trade.

Why would we trade for him anyway?

He doesnt know our offense.
He is a turnover machine
He hasnt developed into a quality player, even if looked at as a backup.
Dudes garbage.

Just the thought of giving up a draft pick and that salary for him makes me :facepalm:

BossChief 08-20-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7839785)
I liked Green.

He was a very good QB for the Chiefs, and a great fit for the system that Vermeil and Saunders brought to the team.

However, a franchise QB is a guy that takes over games, who makes the people around him better, and isn't as reliant on others to make him better.

That was not Green.

What do you think of Stanzi, so far?

I want a quality, unbiased POV.

xztop12 08-20-2011 06:28 PM

Larry Seely

RustShack 08-20-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7839812)

I seen a few impressive throws. Hard to tell when hes playing third string and about sacked a second after snapping the ball.

BossChief 08-20-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 7839820)
I seen a few impressive throws. Hard to tell when hes playing third string and about sacked a second after snapping the ball.

I didnt ask you.

milkman 08-20-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7839812)

It's hard to get a good read on Stanzi, given that he's had to start runnning for his life almost before the snap.

I do like the arm strength and the accuracy he has displayed when he's gotten the chance to set up and throw, and I liked the moxie he showed when under pressure and getting that flip out to Battle last week.

I'd like to see how he fares with some protection.

I know this.

His mechanics are miles ahead of Cassel's.