ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Kiper: Chiefs should take Te'o with 1st pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266660)

BigMeatballDave 11-15-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9121306)
If Tyson Jackson played like Richard Seymour, I'd still be ****ing pissed that we took him at ****ing 3.

Eh, if that were the case, most of us would be over it by now.

Woodchuck 11-15-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9121393)
Lol, I find it really funny. I'd bet my life that the Chiefs will draft a QB with their first round pick, despite the history.

Who does the best QB in this class compare to? I think that is what you have to ask yourself.

To me, Tyler Wilson is the best QB and he compares to Jay Cutler. I'm not taking Cutler #1 overall.

saphojunkie 11-15-2012 03:40 PM

I will agree with Mel Kiper that Manti Te'o is the absolute best bet on landing a perennial pro bowler in this draft.

Doesn't change the fact that you don't take him if you're KC.

If you want him so badly, trade your next first and Dwayne Bowe to St. Louis for one of their top 10 picks and draft him AFTER you get Geno Smith.

saphojunkie 11-15-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9121400)
Who does the best QB in this class compare to? I think that is what you have to ask yourself.

To me, Tyler Wilson is the best QB and he compares to Jay Cutler.

You are just so very wrong all the time. Why do you post such jackass opinions when you are so very wrong?

Chiefs Pantalones 11-15-2012 03:44 PM

**** Mel Kiper. Draft a QB or heads will be decapitated.

Woodchuck 11-15-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9121402)
I will agree with Mel Kiper that Manti Te'o is the absolute best bet on landing a perennial pro bowler in this draft.

Doesn't change the fact that you don't take him if you're KC.

If you want him so badly, trade your next first and Dwayne Bowe to St. Louis for one of their top 10 picks and draft him AFTER you get Geno Smith.

I agree and I want KC to take him badly. The problem is that we probably won't be able to trade Bowe unless we tag him a second time and it would cost a fortune if we couldn't trade him. We would probably have to either give up future picks and/or other players.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9121405)
You are just so very wrong all the time. Why do you post such jackass opinions when you are so very wrong?

What am I wrong about? Who does your guy compare to? This is the Bill Parcells test. If you can't think of anyone that a guy compares to, you do not take him. It's a ledgit question imo.

Why was that opinion a jackass opinion? Can you really say that yet? Some people are comparing Wilson to Favre.

Easy 6 11-15-2012 03:46 PM

Kiper - "i'm an overpaid buffoon"

KCDC 11-15-2012 03:48 PM

On the NFL draft breakdown on ESPN, Mel stated that Stanzi will have the BEST NFL career of all the quarterbacks in the years draft.

He nailed that one too.

vailpass 11-15-2012 03:51 PM

He's being different so set himself apart, blowing smoke up his own ass.
This what Kiper does, it's how he's managed to get himself paid handsomely all these years for doing nothing all year but talking about the draft.

Woodchuck 11-15-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9121417)
He's being different so set himself apart, blowing smoke up his own ass.
This what Kiper does, it's how he's managed to get himself paid handsomely all these years for doing nothing all year but talking about the draft.

Everyone knows Kiper is a douchbag. That said, As a Broncos fan would you be more worried if we took Te'o or one of the QBs #1 overall?

DaneMcCloud 11-15-2012 03:52 PM

Mel Kiper is an entertainer, not an NFL Scout, College Personnel or Pro Personnel Director or NFL General Manager.

Entertainer

vailpass 11-15-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9121418)
Everyone knows Kiper is a douchbag. That said, As a Broncos fan would you be more worried if we took Te'o or one of the QBs #1 overall?

No.

RealSNR 11-15-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9121396)
Ok, avatars sound good.

Great. How long do you want avatars? A month? Two months?

I'm going to recommend two months, but it's up to you.

Woodchuck 11-15-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9121427)
No.

ROFL Come on man.... It was an "oh shit" moment when Denver took Von Miller.

DaneMcCloud 11-15-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9121402)

So was #4 overall 2009 ILB, Aaron Curry.

He was traded just two years later for a 7th round pick.

ILB's are not valuable pieces. If Te'o goes in the Top 3, that team is grossly overpaying, Pro Bowl or not.