ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV *Fringe* the series Official thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191156)

keg in kc 09-20-2008 11:20 PM

They made a point about his medical history. Wonder what it is and why he doesn't want the kid to know.

irishjayhawk 09-20-2008 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5038844)
They made a point about his medical history. Wonder what it is and why he doesn't want the kid to know.

I know.

Throwing out all the absurd possibilities. ;)

Silock 10-01-2008 01:49 PM

Walter is by far my favorite character.

Buck 10-01-2008 02:38 PM

Last nights episode was pretty bad, I have to admit. Worst episode so far.

keg in kc 10-01-2008 02:40 PM

I think I liked last night's most out of the four that have aired. Different strokes, I guess...

Silock 10-01-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 5072633)
Last nights episode was pretty bad, I have to admit. Worst episode so far.

Really? I thought it was by far the best. Really set up a lot of story.

morphius 10-01-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 5072697)
Really? I thought it was by far the best. Really set up a lot of story.

I actually thought it was the best as well.

Buck 10-01-2008 03:18 PM

I must be trippin then.

I didn't like it because it just seemed like filler to me.

I still don't know what the hell that cylinder is, I guess thats what bugged me. While we got some closure in the first few episodes, they left this episode open-ended.

007 10-01-2008 03:36 PM

I like shows with a continuing story line but I don't like it when they just tease you with new info every week. Give me 24.

irishjayhawk 10-01-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5072641)
I think I liked last night's most out of the four that have aired. Different strokes, I guess...

Count me in that group too. In fact, i think they could have done the whole season with The Observer and finding out what he was. I would have been pretty content with that. I hope The Observer doesn't just disappear now.

Simply Red 10-01-2008 04:30 PM

didn't see the whole thing. But that looks really good.

ChiefsFan4Life 10-01-2008 04:37 PM

I posit that this show will continue to be great with each episode

keg in kc 10-01-2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 5072718)
I still don't know what the hell that cylinder is, I guess thats what bugged me. While we got some closure in the first few episodes, they left this episode open-ended.

I think that's what I liked most about it. It was a break from the formula established in the initial 3 episodes. It was also the furthest removed from 'reality', and the most 'fringe' so far, in terms of subject matter.

The only thing I didn't like was that they only gave cursory information on the guy who was killing/torturing everyone. I think they gave a name and an origin (both mundane, and brushed over) but didn't go into why he was doing it or where the weapon he was using came from.

I'm guessing we got our first glimpse into time travel last night, and they left many more questions than they answered. Which gives me a reason to keep watching.

Buck 10-01-2008 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5073044)
I think that's what I liked most about it. It was a break from the formula established in the initial 3 episodes. It was also the furthest removed from 'reality', and the most 'fringe' so far, in terms of subject matter.

The only thing I didn't like was that they only gave cursory information on the guy who was killing/torturing everyone. I think they gave a name and an origin (both mundane, and brushed over) but didn't go into why he was doing it or where the weapon he was using came from.

I'm guessing we got our first glimpse into time travel last night, and they left many more questions than they answered. Which gives me a reason to keep watching.

Good Point, they may have a pattern of a few episodes that are single-episode based, then one that is continuing storyline based.

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5073044)

In simple terms, I think they're establishing a mythology for the show, kind of like the X-Files with the alien colonization theme. They had many great shows outside of that mythology and hopefully "Fringe" can do the same, but they need solid foundation and a recurring theme.

I hope they stick with it.