ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Likely to be the finalized staff... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268758)

The Bad Guy 01-11-2013 09:21 AM

Likely to be the finalized staff...

From what I gathered, the staff will all be announced at once.

OC -Doug Pederson
QB coach - Matt Nagy
RB coach - Eric Bienemy
WR coach - David Culley
TE coach - Tom Melvin
OL - Eugene Chung
DC - Bob Sutton
DL - Tom Brasher
LB - Gary Gibbs
DB - Emmitt Thomas/Otis Smith *assistant
ST- Dave Toub

Senior offensive assistant/Assistant HC - Brad Childress

Don't know the quality control guys yet.

CaliforniaChief 01-11-2013 09:22 AM

Toub would be a great addition.

Molitoth 01-11-2013 09:24 AM

Doug Pederson better not be a predictable twat. I hate shitty OC's more than anything.

I need to go do some research on him.

ptlyon 01-11-2013 09:27 AM

I always like to see whats coming in case I have to get up& take a piss.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2013 09:27 AM

Meh - Sutton.

Mediocre at best in NYJ when he was the DC, no better when he was the LB coach and a clear 3-4 candidate.

I was really hoping for a 4-3 guy with an actual track record of sustained success. Dutton's just a bleh coach that's not really

Sutton doesn't appear likely to bring anything to the table. He may not take anything off it (hard to say), but he sure doesn't look like a guy that's going to give you anything more than you already have. He's essentially the DC version of a game managing QB.

tomahawk kid 01-11-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9305133)
Meh - Sutton.

Mediocre at best in NYJ when he was the DC, no better when he was the LB coach and a clear 3-4 candidate.

I was really hoping for a 4-3 guy with an actual track record of sustained success. Dutton's just a bleh coach that's not really

Sutton doesn't appear likely to bring anything to the table. He may not take anything off it (hard to say), but he sure doesn't look like a guy that's going to give you anything more than you already have. He's essentially the DC version of a game managing QB.

Was sort of my feeling after looking at his previous run in NY.

Kinda feel like I did when Vermiel named Robinson DC in 2001. Like - is HE really the best we can do.

Obviously, I hope I'm wrong.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2013 09:36 AM

I have a worse comparison - I feel like I felt when we brought in Dabol from Miami.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-11-2013 09:36 AM

But no GM yet...

Deberg_1990 01-11-2013 09:37 AM

Herman Edwards, Eric Mangini or Rex Ryan disciple?

Mr. Flopnuts 01-11-2013 09:37 AM

I'm optimistic with Sutton. But I'm not thoroughly excited. I was hoping Andy would get a home run that could handle the D. He needs a PRO to handle the defense. I'm not sure Sutton is the guy, but I'll reserve judgment for now...

Chiefs Pantalones 01-11-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9305169)
I'm optimistic with Sutton. But I'm not thoroughly excited. I was hoping Andy would get a home run that could handle the D. He needs a PRO to handle the defense. I'm not sure Sutton is the guy, but I'll reserve judgment for now...

Is Sutton gonna run the 1 gap?

Mr. Flopnuts 01-11-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9305167)
Herman Edwards, Eric Mangini or Rex Ryan disciple?

Army disciple.

Chief Roundup 01-11-2013 09:38 AM

Don't know all that much about these people but that sure isn't a list that just screams excitement.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-11-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9305171)
Is Sutton gonna run the 1 gap?

That would be my guess, but I don't know for sure.

BigMeatballDave 01-11-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9305133)
Meh - Sutton.

He'll likely switch it to a 1-gap.

Why go to 4-3?