ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Warehouse 13 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=210187)

Mr. Krab 07-10-2009 08:07 PM

Warehouse 13

A cross between the shows Eureka and Sanctuary.

meh, but i'll give it a few episodes.

KcMizzou 07-10-2009 08:09 PM

Never watched Sanctuary, but I really like Eureka. I'll check it out.

(FYI for anyone interested, pretty sure the premier is on Hulu.)

BigMeatballDave 07-10-2009 09:11 PM

Its on my DVR now. I've yet to watch it.

sd4chiefs 07-10-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave (Post 5892894)

I FF though about half of it. Kind of sucks.

keg in kc 07-11-2009 06:24 AM

I dvr'd it but haven't watched. I'll give it some time. With the very notable exceptions of Farscape and BSG (and Eureka), sci-fi's original series usually start fairly poorly but improve over time.

By the way, speaking of Eureka, it's on Friday's now, and premeired last night. I meant to put a thread up but forgot.

ChiefsFanatic 07-11-2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab's (Post 5892787)
A cross between the shows Eureka and Sanctuary.

meh, but i'll give it a few episodes.

I thought it was horrible.

In my lifetime, there have been a few tv relationships that really make a show worth watching.

Sam and Diane, David and Maddy, Ross and Rachel, Scully and Mulder, Booth and Brennan, to name a few. I hate it when shows try to force chemistry between two actors.

The two actors in Warehouse 13 have less than zero chemistry. And the writing seemed like it wanted to be X-Files Light so badly, but was more like.........I don't even know what it was like, but it was bad.

Having said that, I will probably watch a few more episodes.

unlurking 07-11-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave (Post 5892894)

Same here, unfortunately the comments here are making me not look forward to it.

Mr. Krab 07-11-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 5893343)
I thought it was horrible.

In my lifetime, there have been a few tv relationships that really make a show worth watching.

Sam and Diane, David and Maddy, Ross and Rachel, Scully and Mulder, Booth and Brennan, to name a few. I hate it when shows try to force chemistry between two actors.

The two actors in Warehouse 13 have less than zero chemistry. And the writing seemed like it wanted to be X-Files Light so badly, but was more like.........I don't even know what it was like, but it was bad.

Having said that, I will probably watch a few more episodes.

Agreed, but i'm gonna try to watch it for awhile and hope. The two lead characters(agents) are a problem. They just aren't very interesting.

unlurking 07-11-2009 05:59 PM

Just watched. Very flat. Will check it out a few more times, hoping it picks up. At least Caprica and SG:U will be starting soon. Was fun getting back into Eureka.

JD10367 07-11-2009 07:06 PM

It's on my DVR as well. It'll keep me occupied until the "Torchwood" five-night miniseries airs in a couple of weeks...

Baby Lee 07-11-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 5894332)
It's on my DVR as well. It'll keep me occupied until the "Torchwood" five-night miniseries airs in a couple of weeks...

BBCA needs to go HiDef or HDNet needs to shorten the lag time between first run and their run. Love Torchwood, but I'll wait for HD.

mikeyis4dcats. 07-12-2009 04:04 PM

I kind of liked it. It was kind of flat as most pilots are. If this picks up it could be fun...

keg in kc 07-16-2009 06:07 PM

Finally got around to watching the premeire and second eps, it's not bad so far.

Baby Lee 07-16-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 5894413)
BBCA needs to go HiDef or HDNet needs to shorten the lag time between first run and their run. Love Torchwood, but I'll wait for HD.

I am a smelly pirate liar, put the episodes on the DVR watch list this afternoon. Eve's tooth gap whistles their Siren's song.

keg in kc 07-16-2009 06:21 PM

I put it in my DVR today too. The first episode at least. This year of Dr. Who and Torchwood miniseries sucks.