ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Signatures are getting out of hand (again) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137590)

Bob Dole 03-19-2006 12:05 PM

Signatures are getting out of hand (again)

Seriously guys. A company can manage to fit everything they need to communicate in a standard 468x60 ad banner, but you're so clever and special and unique that you need 4 times that amount of screen space for your signature?

Signatures are out of control. We have very generous guidelines. 200 pixels tall by 650 pixels wide is more than enough screen real estate for you to express you individuality. That dimension includes your graphics AND any witty text you want to share.

If you don't know how to resize your clever photo, or are unable to determine whether your amazing graphic meets the guidelines, you probably don't need a signature to begin with.

Consider this your final warning. Bob Dole and the other mods don't have the time to babysit your stupid ass and send you a personalized invitation to follow the site's guidelines. Adjust your extremely clever and beautifully expressive signature to comply with the guidelines immediately, or lose your ability to have one at all.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-19-2006 12:07 PM

How much would banning .gifs and other animated photos help??

KcMizzou 03-19-2006 12:08 PM

I'll tone it down a bit.

luv 03-19-2006 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins

You'll be fighting a losing battle on that one.

banyon 03-19-2006 12:11 PM

Quote:

You might as well say what you mean:

Laz. :)

chief52 03-19-2006 12:11 PM

Does anyone ever look at those things??? I know I do not. Get rid of them would sure work for me.

KcMizzou 03-19-2006 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief52
Does anyone ever look at those things??? I know I do not.

Nah.. I use the "at work" option.

Brock 03-19-2006 12:14 PM

It adds nothing to the board.

Bowser 03-19-2006 12:15 PM

So I should nix putting the entire Lord of the Rings saga into a .gif, and then putting it in my sig?

Hammock Parties 03-19-2006 12:16 PM

Observe my tastefully sized signature.

Hammock Parties 03-19-2006 12:16 PM

In fact, just to show off, I'm going to change to an even MORE tastefully sized signature. Give me a second.

Sure-Oz 03-19-2006 12:17 PM

Quote:

I think many would be opposed to banning my sig.

Hammock Parties 03-19-2006 12:18 PM

Look how tasteful that is!

VonneMarie 03-19-2006 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz

Actually, sigs like that should be banned. :D

Sure-Oz 03-19-2006 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VonneMarie
Actually, sigs like that should be banned. :D

What?? You don't like Paul Walker? :p

SLAG 03-19-2006 12:21 PM

Last time I got my sig privlages taken away i didnt like it.

so I should be ok with mine now..

if its an issue please let me know

VonneMarie 03-19-2006 12:22 PM

Quote:

What?? You don't like Paul Walker? :p

You can't even see him because of her big ass! :cuss:

luv 03-19-2006 12:23 PM

Also, should sigs and avatars have the same rules applied to them as the ones in the girly pics thread? If I wanted to see a naked woman, I would go the the girly pics thread. If not, then never mind.

Bob Dole 03-19-2006 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief52
Does anyone ever look at those things??? I know I do not. Get rid of them would sure work for me.

What??? And deprive people their Tim Berners-Lee given right to express themselves (over and over and over and over again) in all their 32 bit color glory?

Bob Dole would have the stupid things turned off if he didn't have to monitor the damned things to make sure some asshat didn't post a picture of some fat chick ****ing a donkey.

VonneMarie 03-19-2006 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2rite
Also, should sigs and avatars have the same rules applied to them as the ones in the girly pics thread? If I wanted to see a naked woman, I would go the the girly pics thread. If not, then never mind.

I'm with you on that.

Or, women can have naked men in their avatars. Just to even things out a bit.

luv 03-19-2006 12:27 PM

Quote:

I'm with you on that.

Exactly! :thumb:

Sure-Oz 03-19-2006 12:28 PM

Quote:

I'm with you on that.

My chick isn't naked though and yes her ass is very very nice! :)

Go ahead and put your shirtless dudes on your sigs, dont bother me, it really isn't a double standard i dont think.

I was fair and made sure you got to see Paul in my sig, i did the sig for both the ladies and gents around here, not my fault her ass is BUMPIN"! :drool:

Dunit35 03-19-2006 12:31 PM

I have no idea what size my sig is. But I will find out with this post.

Skip Towne 03-19-2006 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole
What??? And deprive people their Tim Berners-Lee given right to express themselves (over and over and over and over again) in all their 32 bit color glory?

Bob Dole would have the stupid things turned off if he didn't have to monitor the damned things to make sure some asshat didn't post a picture of some fat chick ****ing a donkey.

We have plenty of asshats that are up to the task.

NJ Chief Fan 03-19-2006 12:47 PM

im not allowed to have a sig :cuss:

:)

Scorp 03-19-2006 12:49 PM

You are all Sig. Nazi's!

dr00d 03-19-2006 12:49 PM

Is my sig ok? I just want to make sure so when Rush gets kicked out of school, I don't get kicked out by an extremely biased KU board. :)

Rain Man 03-19-2006 12:50 PM

Sure-Oz's sig merely promotes exercise and physical fitness.

Sure-Oz 03-19-2006 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
Sure-Oz's sig merely promotes exercise and physical fitness.

Exactly, swimming is a great way to exercise, works all the muscles! :clap:

Scorp 03-19-2006 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr00d
Is my sig ok? I just want to make sure so when Rush gets kicked out of school, I don't get kicked out by an extremely biased KU board. :)

No it is not. The sig Nazi's clearly state it must be under 600 pixels wide. Your gonna be sent to the concentration camp. :deevee:

Rain Man 03-19-2006 12:53 PM

Quote:

Signatures are out of control. We have very generous guidelines. 200 pixels tall by 650 pixels wide is more than enough screen real estate for you to express you individuality. That dimension includes your graphics AND any witty text you want to share.

To be honest, that's not enough space for me to express my individuality. That would really only be adequate for me to express my views on Cheetos.

Scorp 03-19-2006 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
To be honest, that's not enough space for me to express my individuality. That would really only be adequate for me to express my views on Cheetos.

mmmmmmm cheetos :clap:

Bearcat 03-19-2006 12:57 PM

Mine's about 175x600, and that's huge... not that I ever see it anymore, because of all of your borderline nsfw sigs & avatars and your 50 mb videos. Bastards.

SPchief 03-19-2006 01:00 PM

Sorry about that.

KcMizzou 03-19-2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

ROFL

Funny because it's true...

Over-Head 03-19-2006 01:01 PM

I just turned the sig option off :rolleyes:

VonneMarie 03-19-2006 01:03 PM

My sig represents the greatness of the 85 reeruninals. :)

And atleast mine is sports related.

Dunit35 03-19-2006 01:04 PM

I need something fresh for my sig. About time I changed mine.

Bugeater 03-19-2006 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Mine's about 175x600, and that's huge... not that I ever see it anymore, because of all of your borderline nsfw sigs & avatars and your 50 mb videos. Bastards.

I put those members on "iggy".

JBucc 03-19-2006 01:12 PM

Thank god i read this and resized mine. I don't know what I'd do if I lost my sig, I wouldn't be me.

Skip Towne 03-19-2006 01:13 PM

I turned off sigs a long time ago. A little asshatedness goes a long way.

Hammock Parties 03-19-2006 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
I turned off sigs a long time ago. A little asshatedness goes a long way.

I think you mean "asshatness" or "asshattery"

theultimatekcchiefsfan 03-19-2006 01:15 PM

Quote:

I think your signature should be auto inserted on every post on the Planet. As a matter of fact on every post on every forum on the internet would work for me as well. :drool:

Skip Towne 03-19-2006 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goxlibutscrale
I think you mean "asshatness" or "asshattery"

Nope. Asshatedness. It a new word for the lexicon. Your words don't sound dumb enough.

luv 03-19-2006 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Nope. Asshatedness. It a new word for the lexicon. Your words don't sound dumb enough.

Wouldn't it be Asshattedness? Otherwise, the a is long. Like hate instead of hat.

Iowanian 03-19-2006 02:18 PM

Nuke them all.

Anyone who cries about it, sucks Al Davis' colostomy bag.

Mr. Laz 03-19-2006 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banyon
You might as well say what you mean:

Laz. :)

hey ... my sig doesn't have any gifs or animations :harumph:

Frazod 03-19-2006 02:26 PM

They can be done away with as far as I'm concerned. I'm more interested in accessing the BB than some geek's right to free expression.

OldTownChief 03-19-2006 02:29 PM

I re-sized mine.

4th and Long 03-19-2006 02:29 PM

Let's start a sticky to report the offenders, thus saving Bob Dole the time and effort. It's the least we can do to help him out. :)

Hammock Parties 03-19-2006 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th and Long
Let's start a sticky to report the offenders, thus saving Bob Dole the time and effort. It's the least we can do to help him out. :)

I think that is a terrific idea.

Mr. Laz 03-19-2006 02:41 PM

Quote:

shhhhhhhit ...... goatlickbuttscale will be trying to report my sig every other day.

Worthless bastard has a woody for my sigs

milkman 03-19-2006 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
shhhhhhhit ...... goatlickbuttscale will be trying to report my sig every other day.

I kind of get the feeling that a lot of people get a woody for your sigs.

4th and Long 03-19-2006 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz

Perhaps if you resized them to board standards he wouldn't have a woody to report you.

Actually, I'd be more disturbed that he has a woody where you are concerned than anything else.

big nasty kcnut 03-19-2006 02:47 PM

Is my sig ok cause i wanted to make sure i did it right.

Skip Towne 03-19-2006 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcnut

Yours is wrong. Do it over.

big nasty kcnut 03-19-2006 02:56 PM

lol skip that cold blooded but your right it's missing something.

Mr. Laz 03-19-2006 02:57 PM

Quote:

Perhaps if you resized them to board standards he wouldn't have a woody to report you.

Actually, I'd be more disturbed that he has a woody where you are concerned than anything else.

my sig has been board standard for quite a well ... so then he started bitching about the file size of my sig.

now i just have quote ... i'm surprised he hasn't found some reason to bitch about that too.

chiefs4me 03-19-2006 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcnut

ROFL

Eleazar 03-19-2006 03:06 PM

Sigs off. I haven't seen one in quite some time. Makes the board a lot easier to read.

big nasty kcnut 03-19-2006 03:10 PM

Well i fixed my sig now.

StcChief 03-19-2006 03:36 PM

Thanks for editing out my sig picture.

I'll shrink Boomer down.

Ultra Peanut 03-19-2006 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
Sigs off. I haven't seen one in quite some time. Makes the board a lot easier to read.

You are missing the thrill of your life, buster.

JBucc 03-19-2006 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
You are missing the thrill of your life, buster.

No Kidding. Some of these sigs are so amazing you can get high just by licking the computer screen.

QuikSsurfer 03-19-2006 05:19 PM

Quote:

Seriously guys. A company can manage to fit everything they need to communicate in a standard 468x60 ad banner, but you're so clever and special and unique that you need 4 times that amount of screen space for your signature?

If you don't know how to resize your clever photo, or are unable to determine whether your amazing graphic meets the guidelines, you probably don't need a signature to begin with.

Consider this your final warning. Bob Dole and the other mods don't have the time to babysit your stupid ass and send you a personalized invitation to follow the site's guidelines. Adjust your extremely clever and beautifully expressive signature to comply with the guidelines immediately, or lose your ability to have one at all.

it would be nice if i were permitted to have one :( considering i posted a thread about this when i noticed my sig was gone... i never received a "warning" so.... so can i either get that warning or permission to have a sig?? i will adjust it if it's too big =)

QuikSsurfer 03-19-2006 05:21 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=135837

there we go

QuikSsurfer 03-19-2006 05:23 PM

Quote:

agreed

4th and Long 03-19-2006 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer
it would be nice if i were permitted to have one :( considering i posted a thread about this when i noticed my sig was gone... i never received a "warning" so.... so can i either get that warning or permission to have a sig?? i will adjust it if it's too big =)

You would be better served by something else along the lines of, "Dear Bob Dole, I regret my abuse of signature pictures and their size. I have seen the errors of my ways. You have shown me the light. I would be most appreciative if you, in your infinite wisdom, would please restore my ability to have a signature picture. I swear upon my ability to post on this board that if I ever violate the signature picture rule again, that you banish me for life from this board. - QukSsurfer."

teedubya 03-19-2006 07:28 PM

Fear Bob Ross in the Bushes...

Hammock Parties 03-19-2006 07:30 PM

ALI'S SIG IS TOOOOOOOOOO LAAAAAAAARGE

4th and Long 03-19-2006 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goxlibutscrale
ALI'S SIG IS TOOOOOOOOOO LAAAAAAAARGE

Indeed. It is 43 pixels too tall.

CoMoChief 03-19-2006 07:38 PM

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

Hammock Parties 03-19-2006 07:39 PM

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Sfeihc 03-19-2006 07:41 PM

Quote:

word

Scorp 03-19-2006 10:02 PM

sig nazi's!

HemiEd 03-19-2006 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTownChief
I re-sized mine.

Thanks OldTownChief, I only have 2 more days that I have to wear it. I hope you don't mind me hich-hiking it for that amount of time.

el borracho 03-19-2006 11:44 PM

For those who deprive themselves...

Keitzman: "Gunther, what is best in life?"
Cunningham: "Crush da Chahghas. See da Raydahs driven before you. Hear the lamentation of da Broncos."

greg63 03-20-2006 12:28 AM

Quote:

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Agreed; simply my two cents. Carry on.

Inspector 03-20-2006 06:51 AM

Quote:

This is the motto I've lived by since the start of internet back in the 50's.

Bob Dole 03-20-2006 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali Chi3fs
Fear Bob Ross in the Bushes...

Says the guy with a signature in blatant violation of the guidelines.