ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' run defense (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234170)

el borracho 09-26-2010 02:25 PM

Chiefs' run defense

There is some absolutely alchemy going on! The Chiefs were absolutely terrible against the run last year. How in the world are we this good on run defense this year? Crennel? Smith? Who or what is making the difference this year?

grandllama 09-26-2010 02:25 PM

Don't know. Don't care. Loving every minute of it.

jjjayb 09-26-2010 02:29 PM

Haley in the offseason:

http://content2.myyearbook.com/zenhe....60.304024.JPG

CupidStunt 09-26-2010 02:30 PM

Dorsey and DJ are playing like BEASTS. Hali is playing competent, which is a big upgrade. Edwards is playing out of his mind. Belcher is SOLID against the run. Smith has been a very good addition. Berry is like a LB playing safety.

And to top it all off, they're probably the best coached defense in the league.

Huffman83 09-26-2010 02:30 PM

Scheme, I'm sure Smith helps but this seems like a better prepared defense so far.

Mama Hip Rockets 09-26-2010 02:31 PM

Yep, Dorsey and DJ are the big difference-makers.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-26-2010 02:31 PM

All that was said plus outstanding tackling.

Rain Man 09-26-2010 02:32 PM

When you look at what's changed, we have:

Crennel calling the defense
Smith at LDE
DJ and Belcher in the middle
Berry and McGraw/Lewis at safety

It seems like every one of those changes has been positive. I suspect in the NFL there's not a huge difference between bad and good, and we crossed that line at a run.

I gotta say, Smith is impressing the heck out of me. I loved the fact too that he drew a personal foul and didn't do anything to risk it. You need a guy or two like that on your defense who'll get into other players' heads.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-26-2010 02:32 PM

The best part is look how young they are.

Mama Hip Rockets 09-26-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 7039912)
All that was said plus outstanding tackling.

Yeah, the Chiefs have hardly missed any tackles all year.

beer bacon 09-26-2010 02:40 PM

The d-line has been very impressive. Edwards hasn't been getting pushed around. Smith and Dorsey haven't been getting moved and they have been disruptive. Jackson was looking good before the injury. I hope Smith can keep causing at least one personal foul a game. He seems to have a knack for trash talk.

the Talking Can 09-26-2010 02:41 PM

smith is so much better than jackson and magee it isn't funny

but belcher is cleaning up in the middle...dude had 10 tackles today

and our safties don't whiff in run support

and dorsey is playing like a top 5 pick more often than not

Pasta Little Brioni 09-26-2010 02:43 PM

Props to the guy that was pimping Smith all offseason.

el borracho 09-26-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7039913)
When you look at what's changed, we have:

Crennel calling the defense
Smith at LDE
DJ and Belcher in the middle
Berry and McGraw/Lewis at safety

It seems like every one of those changes has been positive. I suspect in the NFL there's not a huge difference between bad and good, and we crossed that line at a run.

I gotta say, Smith is impressing the heck out of me. I loved the fact too that he drew a personal foul and didn't do anything to risk it. You need a guy or two like that on your defense who'll get into other players' heads.

Crennel, Smith, Dorsey, DJ, Belcher and Berry. I've just never seen 1/2 dozen changes work out like this. Hopefully, they continue to impress 2 and 3 weeks from now... I've started to believe in this defense and I'm really not in the mood for the 2009 Chiefs run defense to re-emerge.

Frankie 09-26-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 7039853)
There is some absolutely alchemy going on! The Chiefs were absolutely terrible against the run last year. How in the world are we this good on run defense this year? Crennel? Smith? Who or what is making the difference this year?

Tim Krumrie