ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Sell me on Alex smith (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268327)

Chief Faithful 01-02-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin Ed (Post 9268053)
Alex is at Number Seven in the final 2012 QBR between RGIII and R. Wilson. He had a very good 2011. He can make most if not all the throws. (Why do you think he was a top draft pick?). Smart. Good teammate. Coachable---at least by a good coach like Harbough. Looking to leave SF and would like an opportunity to start. That is what he'd get in KC so long as Pioli has nothing to do with the situation. Having said all of that, I would also like us to take a QB in the first round (after trading down a bit) or with the first selection in Round Two.

A good coach like Harbough dumped him the first sign of a potential option. I stand with Harbough give me another option even if only average.

lcarus 01-02-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9265152)
He fits the Chiefs way

The Chiefs way of getting ex-49er QBs? True.

HolyHat 01-02-2013 12:42 PM

Here is a fun fact. Matt Cassel for his career has a QBr of 80.4, Alex Smith for his career...79.1

Still wanna read into QBr stats?

duncan_idaho 01-02-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9268032)
If you have Smith you can afford to take a guy like Bray or maybe somebody else in the third or fourth that needs more seasoning. We probably wouldn't have to give up our first overall for him so we could draft Star or Teo and kill two birds with one shot.

Have I sold you yet?

1) Tyler Bray won't last until the 3rd or 4th round. Some (soon to be sorry) team is going to spend a 1st or 2nd rounder on him.
2) By trading for Smith, you give up at least a 2nd or 3rd round pick (possibly both) and give up the opportunity to snag a quality player who is cheaper and younger.
3) The gap between Star Lutuli and Jon Hankins, Sheldon Richardson, Shariff Floyd, John Jenkins, Jesse Williams is no bigger than the gap between Geno Smith and Glennon, Barkley, etc. In fact, it's probably smaller.
4) Manti Te'o plays a non-impact position, is a below-average NFL athlete, and provides very little OVER the ILBs available in rounds 2-4.
5) Alex Smith just isn't that good. (Look at QB rating, and the way his coach regards him).

So, no, I am not sold.

Austin Ed 01-02-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9268389)
Here is a fun fact. Matt Cassel for his career has a QBr of 80.4, Alex Smith for his career...79.1

Still wanna read into QBr stats?

Smith wasn't any good until last year. He has turned it around the last two years. That explains his relatively low career QBR. He is on the upswing Cassell had the good year with NE and then 2010. That explains his relatively high career QPR. Cassell is headed the other direction. However, you are ignoring (probably intentionally) the other point that some others and I are making. We are calling your first-round pick and raising you Smith. We think the QB position is so important that the Chiefs should attack the problem both ways. Get rid of Cassell and Quinn and replace them with Smith and the draft pick. Keep Stanzi around for laughs.

BigBeauford 01-02-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin Ed (Post 9268578)
Smith wasn't any good until last year. He has turned it around the last two years. That explains his relatively low career QBR. He is on the upswing Cassell had the good year with NE and then 2010. That explains his relatively high career QPR. Cassell is headed the other direction. However, you are ignoring (probably intentionally) the other point that some others and I are making. We are calling your first-round pick and raising you Smith. We think the QB position is so important that the Chiefs should attack the problem both ways. Get rid of Cassell and Quinn and replace them with Smith and the draft pick. Keep Stanzi around for laughs.

I am pretty sure five years from now Stanzi will be in the same position as this guy.

http://www.redstaplerchronicles.com/.../01/milton.jpg

Molitoth 01-02-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Keep Stanzi around for laughs.
I'd rather have Alex Tanney around for laughs. The dude is extremely accurate. Maybe if he can sit around and learn a bit he could amount to something.

HolyHat 01-02-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9268601)
I am pretty sure five years from now Stanzi will be in the same position as this guy.

http://www.redstaplerchronicles.com/.../01/milton.jpg

Don't disrespect Millton like that. Millton is a very succesful office man, Stanzi could never live up to that.

SAUTO 12-03-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9264574)
Yes.

The reeruned fan base rule of will only be good if we have a QB that was a former 49er and a first round linebacker.

Jesus H. Stop Dancing Christ!

This is going to be the 1990 Chiefs.

We are going to pick up Steve DeBerg (Alex Smith) and use our first round draft pick on linebacker Percy Snow (Manti Te'o).

DEJA VU!!!!!

gotta bump it.

ROFL

SAUTO 12-03-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9265163)
Alex Smith can **** himself.

LOL

Mav 12-03-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9268422)
1) Tyler Bray won't last until the 3rd or 4th round. Some (soon to be sorry) team is going to spend a 1st or 2nd rounder on him.
2) By trading for Smith, you give up at least a 2nd or 3rd round pick (possibly both) and give up the opportunity to snag a quality player who is cheaper and younger.
3) The gap between Star Lutuli and Jon Hankins, Sheldon Richardson, Shariff Floyd, John Jenkins, Jesse Williams is no bigger than the gap between Geno Smith and Glennon, Barkley, etc. In fact, it's probably smaller.
4) Manti Te'o plays a non-impact position, is a below-average NFL athlete, and provides very little OVER the ILBs available in rounds 2-4.
5) Alex Smith just isn't that good. (Look at QB rating, and the way his coach regards him).

So, no, I am not sold.

Its always fun to be able to go back and see what craziness some people say.

Id say that the talent gap between Manuel, Glennon and the rest of the sorry ass qbs is HUGE.

Your Teo prediction was spot on.

Typically, your evaluation of Alex Smith. TURRIBLE.

the Talking Can 12-03-2013 04:46 PM

thread gold

Mav 12-03-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10246349)
thread gold

I agree. I wish there was more......

Pablo 12-03-2013 05:00 PM

So Sac didn't have a full on Mormon boner in January?

Surprising.

SAUTO 12-03-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10246352)
I agree. I wish there was more......

oh im sure we could find some of yours around here somewhere...