ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Greinke doubts Royals' rebuilding plans.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231638)

alpha_omega 08-06-2010 08:31 AM

Sounds about right to me. These are definitely not the Royals from my childhood.

CaliforniaChief 08-06-2010 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 6919880)
I hope so. Gladly give you Chipper and Lowe for Zach. :D

No deal...but I'll take Gregor Bla...wait.

Heyward?

OmahaChief 08-06-2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 6919995)
his choice of young hot chicks, shall I go on?

Consdering Zack is married to a smokin hot chick already I don't think that is much for him to care about.

Jerm 08-06-2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 6920016)
No deal...but I'll take Gregor Bla...wait.

Heyward?

Heyward??? No way...Frank Wren would be lynched if he dealt J-Hey. They've never had any intention of trading him and won't.

The Braves are straight loaded with minor league talent especially pitching...if we wanted to do a Greinke deal I think it could happen.

Demonpenz 08-06-2010 09:20 AM

The said thing is once we get the team going it is just enough to compete with the rest of the division. We still probably won't win, we will just be at their level for a year or two. Once we get a lineup set I am willing to be the white sox will still on paper have a better rotation. Twins a better lineup etc tigers a better power hitter.

gblowfish 08-06-2010 09:22 AM

Here's how the Royals will respond to this:

Greinke pitches here one more year. We lose 90 games.

Greinke traded for three minor leaguers, all in their early 20's.

Royals front office says "Just wait another three years, then, hooo boy...."

Royals PR wanks say "TShirt Tuesday! Disco Retro Nite! College ID Nite! Fireworks Friday! Look, a shiny object! Look another shiny object!"

David Glass says: "Who wants to buy this POS franchise for $400 million?"

Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
Same as it...
Ever....
Was.

HemiEd 08-06-2010 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 6919998)
and never winning.

The question was, what does he have to be excited about, not what does he have to complain about.

teedubya 08-06-2010 09:41 AM

I watched Game 6 of 1985 World Series last night. So, in my imagination, they are winners. I may watch game 7 tonight. Winners, dammit!!

The Franchise 08-06-2010 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 6919869)
I really wish mY Dodgers could scoop him up, but we got the most reeruned, ok 2nd reeruned owner there is. I HATE, ****ing HATE Frank McCourt.

This.

He's ****ing killing the Dodgers right now.

Brock 08-06-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 6920123)
The question was, what does he have to be excited about, not what does he have to complain about.

He can get the things you spoke of in any MLB city.

HemiEd 08-06-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 6920167)
He can get the things you spoke of in any MLB city.

No doubt about that.

But the question was, "what does he have to be excited about."

****, he could be an unemployed Pontiac factory worker. He should be damned excited about his situation, the fact that it could be better, is something else entirely.

SithCeNtZ 08-06-2010 10:49 AM

I don't envy Moore's position in this at all. On one hand, you have the face of the franchise and a big fan favorite. He has a cy young and clearly has good stuff but.........on the other hand, he has really only had one good season ever, you can't be sure that mentally he is stable enough to give him a huge long term deal, and he might not want to stay for many more years.

Sad as it is, I'd vote for trading him in the off season. His potential value in trade is just too good to pass up when you consider that he is probably right, he won't be around for all of our prospects to get good.