ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football **** Official Blow4Barkley**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263924)

DaneMcCloud 11-20-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9136578)
all true, but the odds are stacked against ANY individual drafted QB. There are more Ryan Leafs, David Carrs, and Joey Harringtons than there are Peyton Mannings.

Uh, not any more.

College QB's are more prepared, more criticized and more scouted than at any time in NFL history. Just look at Andrew Luck, RGIII and Tannehill this season, not to mention Russell Wilson.

Barkley and Smith most likely will not have Hall of Fame careers but due to the importance of the QB position, they'll go in the Top Three, if not Top Two. But with that said, I don't think you'll find anyone expecting either player have stellar NFL careers, unlike last year's Top Two.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9136578)
Which, let me be very clear, cannot drive the team away from attempting to get one of these franchise QB's. You MUST have one.

At this point, most NFL fans understand that a Franchise QB is necessary to win big in the league. The Chiefs must draft either Smith or Barkley but unlike RGIII and Luck in 2012, there are no safe bets 2013.

It wouldn't be a shock to have even more questions about the two, especially Barkley, after the Combines in February.

DeezNutz 11-20-2012 12:41 PM

Wilson will shine at the combine and start climbing draft boards big time.

DJ's left nut 11-20-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9136543)
46 Super Bowls have been played to date. How many Super Bowl winning QB's aren't in the Pro Football Hall of Fame?

The answer: Not very many. Ten.

Ken Stabler, Jim Plunkett, Joe Theisman, Jim McMahon, Phil Simms and Doug Williams, Jeff Hostelter, Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson.

All of those guys played in an era where QB wasn't as important as it is today; the running game was paramount. Since 2004, the rules have been "relaxed" to the point where if you're lacking a Franchise QB or HOFer in waiting, you're not going to win a Super Bowl.

I think it's safe to say that Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Ben Rothlisberger, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton and Eli Manning will all end up in the HOF someday.

So, by taking all of that information into consideration, I think it's highly unlikely that any team will win a Super Bowl without a potential Hall of Fame QB.

Andy Dalton may prove us wrong but the odds are stacked against him.

The odds are stacked against any team winning a SB...sorry, that's just the way it is.

We should probably find some way to enjoy this team without it winning a SB every season because the odds strongly suggest that it isn't going to do so. If you win 1 SB every decade, you're well ahead of the game.

What we've done of late has been crap, but there's a hell of a lot of room between crap and winning a SB every 5 seasons. How 'bout we work on building a damn good football team and hope that the SBs take care of themselves.

Mother****erJones 11-20-2012 01:38 PM

We gota draft a 1st rd QB. Thats who wins games. Brees and a few others are exceptions to the rule. Outside of Brees and Brady. 1st rd QBs won the past what 8 super bowls? Ben, Rodgers, Eli and Peyton

DJ's left nut 11-20-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9136605)
At this point, most NFL fans understand that a Franchise QB is necessary to win big in the league. The Chiefs must draft either Smith or Barkley but unlike RGIII and Luck in 2012, there are no safe bets 2013.

It wouldn't be a shock to have even more questions about the two, especially Barkley, after the Combines in February.

That's the thing that's so frustrating about this QB class. It's not a bad class at all. In fact, I think time will show it to be a very good one. But it's as uncertain a class as we've seen in awhile.

I think there will be 3 or 4 long-term NFL starters to come out of this class. I think you have 6 guys (off the top of my head) that for varying reasons could be a successful NFL QB. Smith, Wilson, Barkley, Murray, Jones and Manuel could all stick. If Bray comes out, he's up there with the top of the class.

Those guys are all defensible 1st or 2nd day picks, IMO. And 1/2 of them will succeed.

But I'd be lying if I swore I knew which half. Smith seems to be the best bet, but he's not Luck. He's probably not Griffin. He's a lottery ticket. We'd be insane not to take him, but there's probably a fair chance that 2 or 3 teams drafting QBs after us get guys that have a better NFL career.

It's a scout's draft all the way.

And if that doesn't terrify some of you, it should. The present scouting department (Pioli and his merry band of sycophants) is truly crap.

Titty Meat 11-20-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9136617)

Yup been saying that for awhile now. Good size, great arm, and produced vs a tough level of competition.

Titty Meat 11-20-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9136003)
Where does this come from??

He called out his team earlier this year.

ModSocks 11-20-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9136795)
That's the thing that's so frustrating about this QB class. It's not a bad class at all. In fact, I think time will show it to be a very good one. But it's as uncertain a class as we've seen in awhile.

I think there will be 3 or 4 long-term NFL starters to come out of this class. I think you have 6 guys (off the top of my head) that for varying reasons could be a successful NFL QB. Smith, Wilson, Barkley, Murray, Jones and Manuel could all stick. If Bray comes out, he's up there with the top of the class.

Those guys are all defensible 1st or 2nd day picks, IMO. And 1/2 of them will succeed.

But I'd be lying if I swore I knew which half. Smith seems to be the best bet, but he's not Luck. He's probably not Griffin. He's a lottery ticket. We'd be insane not to take him, but there's probably a fair chance that 2 or 3 teams drafting QBs after us get guys that have a better NFL career.

It's a scout's draft all the way.

And if that doesn't terrify some of you, it should. The present scouting department (Pioli and his merry band of sycophants) is truly crap.

Hrmmm....Murray is a guy we don't talk about on here but maybe we should. What if he does come out? Man, that would really muddy things up.

suds79 11-20-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9137002)
Yup been saying that for awhile now. Good size, great arm, and produced vs a tough level of competition.

I don't know why he doesn't get more love around here.

Seems like for most people it's either Barkley or Smith.

Wilson should be right in that mix with those two IMO. He doesn't have the weapons the other two have and has done it in the SEC among a train wreck program.

warrior 11-20-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9136617)

I agree

htismaqe 11-20-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9137147)
I don't know why he doesn't get more love around here.

Seems like for most people it's either Barkley or Smith.

Wilson should be right in that mix with those two IMO. He doesn't have the weapons the other two have and has done it in the SEC among a train wreck program.

Wilson is my 1b after Smith. I have Barkley below both.

DJ's left nut 11-20-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9137097)
Hrmmm....Murray is a guy we don't talk about on here but maybe we should. What if he does come out? Man, that would really muddy things up.

Short and with a marginal arm.

He's a less polished, shorter version of Barkley. From what I've seen he is very much a rhythm passer. He can get on rolls and when he is, he's dangerous. But he also seems to go into funks.

I like Murray quite a bit, but he does appear to have some physical limitations that may prevent him from really becoming an above average QB.

He's not a top 20 pick, but you could do worse than him in the 2nd.

bowener 11-20-2012 04:20 PM

probably a repost, butTony Dungy thinks Murray is QB for Chiefs.

“@CoachCox8100: @TonyDungy who should chiefs take with first or 2nd pick in the draft?” I would take Georgia QB Aaron Murray if he comes out

RunKC 11-20-2012 06:05 PM

Matt Barkley is a FRAUD.

Arm talent
Barkley is a classic drop-back passer with sound throwing mechanics and a smooth delivery. He shows a compact windup and an over-the-top throwing motion with a quick release. Barkley displays good (but not great) arm strength on intermediate and deep throws. Although his balls tend to flutter on out-breaking routes that are longer than 15 yards, he shows adequate zip and velocity on his throws. Barkley can certainly fit balls into tight windows on intermediate throws inside the numbers, but he lacks the overpowering arm strength to complete the deep comeback from the opposite hash on a rope against tight coverage. The exceptional speed and quickness of NFL defensive backs will result in break-ups or interceptions, unless Barkley shows extraordinary timing and anticipation, releasing the ball well before the receiver comes out of his break.

On deep throws, Barkley shows a 50-to-55-yard throwing range. He has routinely connected with Lee and Nelson Agholor on vertical routes down the field. While most of those completions have resulted from his exceptional timing and anticipation, Barkley has shown the arm strength to throw the ball over the top of the defense when defenders squat on routes. This was particularly evident against Oregon on Nov. 3, when he connected on 75- and 76-yard touchdowns on deep post routes to Lee and Agholor, respectively. In my mind, these throws certainly squelched some of the concern about his deep-ball ability. However, the fallout from "Inflate Gate" (a USC ball boy was reprimanded following that game for deflating footballs, which he later admitted to doing; the use of underinflated balls makes it easier for quarterbacks to throw the ball down the field with greater zip and velocity) could alter that opinion.

With the arm talent to make most of the throws at the next level, Barkley shouldn't have a problem succeeding as a starting quarterback, if he plays to his strengths.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...rback-prospect

ChiefsCountry 11-20-2012 06:06 PM

Ahh Bucky Brooks.
Posted via Mobile Device