ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports NBA Offseason thread 2013 edition (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274317)

chiefzilla1501 07-06-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9794823)
The Cavs are now the favorites to get Pekovic it looks like.

They can **** right on off, but holy **** I'd love to see a team in 2014 of Kyrie, James, and Pek.

Sexy as hell team. Scary good offense AND defense.

Peconic would be awesome. But I can't imagine Minnesota letting him get away.

The Bad Guy 07-06-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9794859)
And the luxery tax for going over the cap has become cost prohibitive. The Lakers are going to have to change how they do things. They are still over the cap with the departure of Howard...

For this year they are.

I doubt very much they change how they do things from a money perspective. The brand brings in tons of money, the Time Warner deal brings in tons of money.

The CBA has hurt them, but I'll wait to rush to judgement about how it will or won't hamper them until I see how things go next summer.

In the end, the Lakers invested a broken Andrew Bynum, Josh McRoberts and a lottery protected 1 for Howard. It didn't work out but the damage isn't catastrophic.

Hammock Parties 07-06-2013 11:33 AM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...04346380_n.jpg

kcxiv 07-06-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9794859)
And the luxery tax for going over the cap has become cost prohibitive. The Lakers are going to have to change how they do things. They are still over the cap with the departure of Howard...

Its not that big a deal for the Lakers. They will pay the luxury taxand were prepared to do it this year. They will get under next year clearing the the tax penalty. They just have to work the numbers a bit better when they get the penalty down from being over for so many years.

mcaj22 07-06-2013 12:17 PM

what the hell would the Sixers want in trading for Royce White

that guy is one of the biggest jokes in pro sports

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-06-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9794976)

Been a great couple of days for Rockets fans. Now Garcia is back for vet minimum.

tk13 07-06-2013 01:01 PM

@WojYahooNBA: Josh Smith has agreed to a four year, $56 million deal with the Detroit Pistons, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Ceej 07-06-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9794976)

You just pissed off RustShack.

The Bad Guy 07-06-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9795037)
@WojYahooNBA: Josh Smith has agreed to a four year, $56 million deal with the Detroit Pistons, league sources tell Y! Sports.

That's a pretty nice front court. Monroe is just a horse and Smith will do a ton of the dirty work.

mcaj22 07-06-2013 01:20 PM

I hope my man Siva can stick on the Pistons

Titty Meat 07-06-2013 02:27 PM

The Pistons are garbage

Setsuna 07-06-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9794610)
If LeBron leaves Miami it's to come home to Cleveland. The cupboard isn't bare like it was when he left.. We have Irving, Waiters, and Bennett who all are very young and have All-Star potential, and some nice role players in Varejao, Thompson, Zeller, and now Earl Clark from the Lakers...

A few months ago we were the favorite to sign Oden... Interesting prospect for us, or I wonder if Bynum would be interested in reuniting with Brown who gave him his best season. Both have the injury issue though.

Why in the world would he come home to people that burned his jersey and wanted him to die? Yall don't deserve shit. GTFO.

RustShack 07-06-2013 10:28 PM

Jarrett Jack signing with Cleveland is pretty big. He could start at PG for multiple teams... I'd say we have the best PG tandem in the NBA. You can even throw Dion Waiters in that mix as a combo guard who can really handle the ball too.

RustShack 07-06-2013 10:31 PM

It will also be real interesting to see how the 76ers handle Royce too. If they learn from Houston's mistakes they got a steal.

Not to say it was all Houston's fault... They shouldn't have to cater to his needs. But both sides could have made it easier. So hopefully Royce also learns from his mistakes. It did seem like he was making a lot of progress towards the end, and at least played in some D-League games.

KevB 07-06-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9795985)
It will also be real interesting to see how the 76ers handle Royce too. If they learn from Houston's mistakes they got a steal.

Not to say it was all Houston's fault... They shouldn't have to cater to his needs. But both sides could have made it easier. So hopefully Royce also learns from his mistakes. It did seem like he was making a lot of progress towards the end, and at least played in some D-League games.

Do his issues keep him from running in a gym? Because when he finally stepped on the floor for their DLeague team, dude was way out of shape. I'm afraid he's a lost cause. That's too bad, as I thought he'd be a really positive spokesman.