ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports NBA Offseason thread 2013 edition (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274317)

Mother****erJones 07-05-2013 09:42 PM

My question is if you combined Oden and Bynum could you create one healthy knee? :evil:

Hammock Parties 07-05-2013 09:46 PM

This is Kobe's new twitter av

http://dyingread.com/wp-content/uplo...ht_howard.jpeg

CaliforniaChief 07-05-2013 09:46 PM

I guess at this point, I'd amnesty MWP and offer Bynum a 2 year deal for about $20 million. Position yourself so that if LeBron opts out you can make a play for him and when Bynum doesn't play it's no big deal. If he does, he could really fit in with Nash, Gasol, and Kobe. No risk, really.

The Bad Guy 07-05-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9794473)
Melo is a NYC guy. They'll spend money, and he's the king there. He's not going anywhere.

Wife is an LA girl. I just wouldn't be shocked if the Knicks fail to get to advance deep next year.

The Bad Guy 07-05-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9794480)
I guess at this point, I'd amnesty MWP and offer Bynum a 2 year deal for about $20 million. Position yourself so that if LeBron opts out you can make a play for him and when Bynum doesn't play it's no big deal. If he does, he could really fit in with Nash, Gasol, and Kobe. No risk, really.

**** no offering Bynum that.

The Lakers should stay away from Bynum and try like hell to get a stretch 4 on a 1 year deal.

Gasol will be fine at C in this shit MDA offense.

TEX 07-05-2013 09:51 PM

[QUOTE=The Bad Guy;9794407]Lakers will be a 7-8 seed again next year. There's a better chance I'm the 12th man on their bench then them being in the top 3 picks in next year's draft.[/

Get ready to suit up! I just don't see it.7 teams are easily better than the Lakers and Kobe is not playing till Feb, no telling how he plays upon returning.

dirk digler 07-05-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9794479)

LMAO Kobe is not making this personal at all...

CaliforniaChief 07-05-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9794484)

The Lakers should stay away from Bynum and try like hell to get a stretch 4 on a 1 year deal.

Fair enough. I'm not as sour on Bynum in terms of on-court stuff. But yeah, he's close to Oden 2.0.

So who would you go after? Or do you just let it sit this offseason?

BTW, I wanted Kyle Korver as he is lights-out beyond the arc, but he re-signed with the Hawks.

kcxiv 07-05-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9794484)

If u heard the I terview Kobe did with I think mason and Ireland he said they went to dantoni n told him this isn't working (meaning his system) an thenstarted their own system with the Kobe Johnson came out and they went 28-12.

Dantoni isn't running shit. Which is why I don't know why they kept him.

CaliforniaChief 07-05-2013 09:55 PM

Jim Buss is the problem. They should just push him aside and let PhilJeannie run the show.

The Bad Guy 07-05-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9794492)
If u heard the I terview Kobe did with I think mason and Ireland he said they went to dantoni n told him this isn't working (meaning his system) an thenstarted their own system with the Kobe Johnson came out and they went 28-12.

Dantoni isn't running shit. Which is why I don't know why they kept him.

It's baffling why he's still the coach. Lakers got a gift when Brown went back to Cleveland and got off the hook for his unpaid money.

The Lakers move was to re-hire Phil in November and dickface Jim Buss let his ego get in the way of making everyone happy.

Pitt Gorilla 07-05-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9794131)
I remember people piling on Morey after last offseason. The guy is an awesome GM. He managed to build a title contender without tanking for an elite draft pick. That is nigh impossible.

he had to find a gm dumb enough to give him a superstar for nearly nothing. Fortunately for him, presti picked up the phone.

Mother****erJones 07-05-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9794482)
Wife is an LA girl. I just wouldn't be shocked if the Knicks fail to get to advance deep next year.

The Knicks won't IMO advance deep. Heat, Pacers, Bulls and now Brooklyn are all better than the Knicks.

Mother****erJones 07-05-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9794497)
It's baffling why he's still the coach. Lakers got a gift when Brown went back to Cleveland and got off the hook for his unpaid money.

The Lakers move was to re-hire Phil in November and dickface Jim Buss let his ego get in the way of making everyone happy.

That was the big error with LA. Should've brought Phil back. D'Antoni is a bum.

kcxiv 07-05-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9794519)
That was the big error with LA. Should've brought Phil back. D'Antoni is a bum.

Phil doesn't wanna coach mult seasons he said he's only do it if they were in a pinch like last season when they fired brown then would have retired.

Signing Antoni was reeruned though. He sucks. Even Steve Nash didn't stick up for him a few weeks ago lol. He just said we are good we dont hang out or anything n left it at that lol