ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Teen girl kills herself after taunting from Internet trolls (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267599)

mr. tegu 12-12-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9202292)
'My brother and I don't talk anymore,' she wrote earlier this month. 'My dad, yeah he ignores me like I don't even f***ing exist. I have almost no friends I actually trust. My mom bitches at me for the littlest things. I am basically all alone.'

Sounds like her family is more responsible than they would like to admit. She likely looked to the web site BECAUSE of what she felt within the home. That would be why she kept logging back in; to escape the feelings of neglect and unimportance from her family (misguided as they could have been) and instead was searching for validation, self-worth, and attention from somewhere else.

bevischief 12-12-2012 12:40 PM

What a sad dysfunctional family.

listopencil 12-12-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9202514)
Sounds like her family is more responsible than they would like to admit. She likely looked to the web site BECAUSE of what she felt within the home. That would be why she kept logging back in; to escape the feelings of neglect and unimportance from her family (misguided as they could have been) and instead was searching for validation, self-worth, and attention from somewhere else.

She was a teenaged girl. That stuff may or may not be true, that's just how she felt at the time she was typing.

mr. tegu 12-12-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9202574)
She was a teenaged girl. That stuff may or may not be true, that's just how she felt at the time she was typing.

I agree which is why I put the part that what she said or was feeling could have been misguided. Either way, when she starts saying no one is on her side and that she feels all alone, even without friends she can trust, she is clearly having issues with self-esteem and turned to outside sources to improve it.

FAX 12-12-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9202397)
It's some kind of sick need to know what everyone is saying about you. It's out of control. These kids don't know the difference between reality and the internet anymore, because the internet IS their reality. It's ****in' sad.

This, I believe, is the core problem, Mr. InChiefsHell.

It doesn't take much for a person to construct their own reality. I know this because I know people and some of those people live in a reality that isn't anything like the one I know.

For a lot of folks, the interweb thing is their life. It's their primary communication vehicle and one of the few methods they have or use for interacting with others. Combine that with the anonymity provided to low-life scumbags who derive joy from demeaning people and you have all the ingredients for a tragedy.

FAX

listopencil 12-12-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9202586)
I agree which is why I put the part that what she said or was feeling could have been misguided. Either way, when she starts saying no one is on her side and that she feels all alone, even without friends she can trust, she is clearly having issues with self-esteem and turned to outside sources to improve it.

Sure. That's absolutely true. Even if her feelings were unfounded they were real feelings, with real consequences. She sadly demonstrated that.

RealSNR 12-12-2012 01:03 PM

A beautiful soul

Chief Gump 12-12-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9202331)
I wonder how many fat, and ugly people kill themselves every day that we never hear about because it's not news worthy to hear about them.

A million deaths is a statistic, one death is a tragedy.

Chief Gump 12-12-2012 01:17 PM

Man, she should have just hung in there a little longer.

Bowser 12-12-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9202482)

Cute girl. What a shame she'll never know how good it would have felt to go back to her ten year anniversary and laugh at all the people that mocked her.

Fish 12-12-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9202482)

Too fat....

BIG_DADDY 12-12-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9202598)
This, I believe, is the core problem, Mr. InChiefsHell.

It doesn't take much for a person to construct their own reality. I know this because I know people and some of those people live in a reality that isn't anything like the one I know.

For a lot of folks, the interweb thing is their life. It's their primary communication vehicle and one of the few methods they have or use for interacting with others. Combine that with the anonymity provided to low-life scumbags who derive joy from demeaning people and you have all the ingredients for a tragedy.

FAX

IMO the parents are to blame way more than anyone else. We have all seen the bullying process but nobody was offing themself. It was real bullying too not words on a friggen computer.

-King- 12-12-2012 01:47 PM

She shoulda logged off.

Frazod 12-12-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9202632)
A beautiful soul

I guess she hung herself in mid-air

CoMoChief 12-12-2012 01:59 PM

too fat/Omaha